Jim Adams

GloboGymCobras

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn’t be surprised. He’s got a lot more support than people think. Talked to someone this weekend that said rumor was be back either this week or next. Said couple assistants saw talent coming and wanted him out. I reckon he got hit with a baseball a year or so ago that limited his mobility. Thought it was time for their chance. Other stuff old news from same people over and over again. Like him or not, he produces. Wins with little to no talent. Probably would have put Burton in game last week. May have pulled it off.

23 minutes ago, Football_1975 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised. He’s got a lot more support than people think. Talked to someone this weekend that said rumor was be back either this week or next. Said couple assistants saw talent coming and wanted him out. I reckon he got hit with a baseball a year or so ago that limited his mobility. Thought it was time for their chance. Other stuff old news from same people over and over again. Like him or not, he produces. Wins with little to no talent. Probably would have put Burton in game last week. May have pulled it off.

This is either Jimbo or Jimbo. 

8 minutes ago, Football_1975 said:

I understand that point. I just think it is a shame someone have to go out like that after all the years. Should come back if he wants to imo.

If he is indeed guilty, he should not even darken the premises of any event. If he is guilty of harassment, “going out like that” serves him right. He brought it on himself. 

30 minutes ago, Football_1975 said:

I understand that point. I just think it is a shame someone have to go out like that after all the years. Should come back if he wants to imo.

He had a chance to go out differently, be celebrated and none of this would have come out. He chose himself over the kids and community.  The superintendent declaration made it clear he was lucky to even be there this long. Not only that, but here's the straight truth bottom line: no coaching contract is tied to a teaching contract. There's no tenure laws in Virginia governing coaching contract. Coaching in Virginia is no different than any other "at-will" employment.  It can be stopped at any time for no reason at all, and the last Judge knew that. That's why he's not back coaching now. No way to enforce it. The superintendent has followed all the proper steps and this investigation can last as long as she wants. 

And I don't care if Vince Lombardi was coaching last Thursday, X's and O's wasn't the issue. It was Jimmy's and Joe's.  Burton was outnumbered and outplayed. Jimbo would not have helped.

1 hour ago, jonah58 said:

He had a chance to go out differently, be celebrated and none of this would have come out. He chose himself over the kids and community. 

The paper said he was told he wasn’t being renewed. How do you go out differently?

1 hour ago, Football_1975 said:

The paper said he was told he wasn’t being renewed. How do you go out differently?

If he resigns in lieu of being nonrenewed,  he can go out with a big celebration. Maybe even have something named after him. Now? Nobody can come back from what's been brought out. True or not. 

Again, true or not, he has no right to coach. Nobody does.

44 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

It appears there is plenty of evidence that he was a problem

I choose to reserve judgment until everything is resolved. I want to know both sides before I render guilt or innocence. I know school politics and know that you can make things look any way you want them to. 

2 hours ago, Football_1975 said:

I choose to reserve judgment until everything is resolved. I want to know both sides before I render guilt or innocence. I know school politics and know that you can make things look any way you want them to. 

You can make several girls come to a school board meeting and share their story? 

8 hours ago, Blue_Crue said:

In statement to court by superintendent all of these girls accusations had been confirmed by documentation that Principal turned in but for some reason just now is coming to light...

Exactly...that's fishy. They should have come out over a year ago. This is a classic example of a principal doing his job and the board office covering it up, because of who the offender was. That is shameful and a disservice to the students in Norton and the staff he worked with. He needs to have all teaching credentials  revoked and all coaching records vacated in my opinion. He also deserves to face jail time. Pathetic excuse for a teacher, coach and community  leader.