Greatest/Most Impactful play..

GloboGymCobras

1 hour ago, UNION#ATW said:

Other good games was Union vs Glenvar (Bullitt Park 2015) were Union stop them from converting on the 2-point conversion at the end of the game.. 

Bears won 28-27

Cant forget the 2014 games vs Richlands with the score on the last play of the game from Tanner Hall to Bryce Spears to complete the 21 point fourth quarter comeback... led to the Bryce Burger, or the Lee game from that year, the infamous catch/no catch from Austin Jessee on the final play. 

41 minutes ago, UNION401 said:

Cant forget the 2014 games vs Richlands with the score on the last play of the game from Tanner Hall to Bryce Spears to complete the 21 point fourth quarter comeback... led to the Bryce Burger, or the Lee game from that year, the infamous catch/no catch from Austin Jessee on the final play. 

Yes Sir...2015 was when I started to come back to the area and watching UNION and decided that I would bring my son to play football here..

I can say that this has been some of the BEST times since he started at UNION!!

*On the point about great plays/games...SOMEBODY knows something about PV/APP games..LOL*

The rivalry was like 20+ years like the HATFIELDS & McCoy's...Lots of story's

On 6/8/2019 at 1:30 PM, Hokie1Pokie said:

The 1981 Snow Bowl was Graham hosting Tazewell and an unthinkable long pass and catch from Eddie Neal to Lee Crimes in heavy snow, thus winning the game. Of interest, the Tazewell defensive back slipped and fail leaving Lee Grimes with wide open terrain down the middle of the field. That DB for Tazewell was the super talented Jimmy King, a multi star athlete and former John Battle Baseball coach who won 2 state titles and he coached football. Now, he's of course the principal at John Battle High.

In 1981, Graham had a first class jobbing at Martinsville in the state semis in which 2 officals were actually intoxicated, yes... they were literally intoxicated. Graham lost 15-6 in probably the worst one sided officiated game at the High School level I have ever seen, and that includes all sports. Martinsville lost 20-6 the next week to powerhouse Tabb in the state title. Around Bluefield over the years, some will tell you that the Graham of 81 left a state title on the field. (I've heard this from a few including to former Graham assistants. Graham has a solid team, but Tabb was the real deal in the early to late 80s and Graham would have had a lot of stuff go right to beat Tabb, but they should have beat Martinsville. Graham outplayed them and got absolutely jobbed. One other thing about Tabb in 1981, they only played 6 teams in regular season. They played 10 regular season games, but played 4 teams twice. Now, thats weird.

Nope.  Even if they had won vs. Mavahi, they would not have beaten Tabb.

As far as leaving Championship trophies on the table...2001 rings a bell.  1997 was another year like '81, but Graham couldn't beat Gate City.  And, while we're at it, 1990 was a BIG disappointment in the State Semis at Rustburg...fumble fingers and a jobbing on a FG call put that opportunity to rest...