7 on 7s Results

Gridiron60

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Can someone in the know post updates as 7 on 7s that take place? I know they're scattered throughout the next two or three weeks. 

I will be able to offer updates on all Union 7on7s, hope to be able to get around to some other teams too depending on scheduling. 

On 6/12/2019 at 12:07 AM, Gridiron60 said:

This unverified so maybe someone can confirm or correct if you were there. Richlands 7 on 7 held on 6/11/19

Graham beats Richlands

Richlands beats Eastside

Graham beats Eastside

Graham and Richlands played twice. They split. Richlands and Graham both beat Eastside. 

17 hours ago, GloboGymCobras said:

Anybody go to the one at eastside today?

As far as Union goes, they beat John Battle, lost to Radford, lost to Richlands, beat Eastside, and lost to Central. Both quarterbacks looked poised and in control in the pocket. Correct reads as well. Gibson got majority of reps. 

2 minutes ago, UNION401 said:

As far as Union goes, they beat John Battle, lost to Radford, lost to Richlands, beat Eastside, and lost to Central. Both quarterbacks looked poised and in control in the pocket. Correct reads as well. Gibson got majority of reps. 

gibson got all the reps except for the game against richlands b team. he looked pretty good for first time out. had a few timing issues that will be corrected with reps. i thought our recievers caught the ball well also

Just now, The U Bear said:

gibson got all the reps except for the game against richlands b team. he looked pretty good for first time out. had a few timing issues that will be corrected with reps. i thought our recievers caught the ball well also

Who were the primary receiving options? Does one kid look to emerge as a true #1 target?

15 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Who were the primary receiving options? Does one kid look to emerge as a true #1 target?

both jenkins kids looked good. lester and rasnick done some good things after the catch. the ball was spread around pretty good to those 4 guys

47 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Primary options were both Jenkins kids, Lester, and Rasnick. Mitchell got a lot of reps in too. 

6 hours ago, UNION401 said:

Primary options were both Jenkins kids, Lester, and Rasnick. Mitchell got a lot of reps in too. 

Who played the X, the receiver out wide to the QBs right side? Or the left side if the kid is left handed. 

One more question and I'll stop lol; do any of the WRs have any size? Rasnick isn't big at all, I wonder how Lester has grown since his time down here, and I honestly can't remember how big the youngest two Jenkins brothers are from memory.

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Who played the X, the receiver out wide to the QBs right side? Or the left side if the kid is left handed. 

One more question and I'll stop lol; do any of the WRs have any size? Rasnick isn't big at all, I wonder how Lester has grown since his time down here, and I honestly can't remember how big the youngest two Jenkins brothers are from memory.

In the Union offense the X is always lined up to the left. X A Y Z, and, it was ran a majority of the time by Antwun Jenkins or Rasnick. Both Jenkins have pretty good size and jumping ability. Lester is still not very tall but has widened his frame. 

47 minutes ago, grandpaw trojan said:

Did Battle look any good at all at Eastside?

The way my buddy from (Eastside) was talking everybody looked ok for 1st 7on7... but he said Radford stood out from everyone..

11 hours ago, grandpaw trojan said:

Did Battle look any good at all at Eastside?

Battle looked decent overall around the field. If their QB can get everything figured out they’ll be a good team. 

On 6/15/2019 at 2:33 AM, UNION401 said:

In the Union offense the X is always lined up to the left. X A Y Z, and, it was ran a majority of the time by Antwun Jenkins or Rasnick. Both Jenkins have pretty good size and jumping ability. Lester is still not very tall but has widened his frame. 

In the past, Unions TE have lined up on either side of the LOS so the X is always gonna be opposite that side so I don't believe the X can be on one side every time. If it's a strong formation, the TE on the right, the X goes left but if the TE goes weak on the left side, the X either goes to the right or the typical Z WR becomes the X and starts on the line. 

You may be saying Unions outside WRs don't move around much and a player usually stays on whatever side for most plays, so the same WR can be X or Z during a game, which makes sense as Union runs some different formations. 

On 6/16/2019 at 7:25 PM, BigWinners said:

In the past, Unions TE have lined up on either side of the LOS so the X is always gonna be opposite that side so I don't believe the X can be on one side every time. If it's a strong formation, the TE on the right, the X goes left but if the TE goes weak on the left side, the X either goes to the right or the typical Z WR becomes the X and starts on the line. 

You may be saying Unions outside WRs don't move around much and a player usually stays on whatever side for most plays, so the same WR can be X or Z during a game, which makes sense as Union runs some different formations. 

I apologize. X is on the left in any 4 wide formation for union except trips left. My bad.