New Helmet thread

GloboGymCobras

• 2 weeks later...

I love how Tony has darkened the cardinal Jerseys and given them a bit more of a maroon shade. Grahams school colors are maroon and gray. The old Graham teams from the 40's through 1971ish were close to modern day Salem in appearance. Coach Carlock loved the cardinal and gold/Khaki look. I like the khaki pants ok, but love the maroon Jerseys. I have told Tony this many times and Tony also likes the darker/closer in color to maroon instead of cardinal Jerseys. If you look at Graham now and before, those jerseys have darkened some and the helmets have also.  I would like to see them all the way maroon and the helmets as well, but the yellow/gold in the G Star on the helmet should always remain if I had my way. Thats a tribute to Coach Carlock, and so are the khaki pants. Before 1971/1972ish, you couldnt find yellow/gold in the Graham helmet. 

Castlewood has used a very similar(maybe the same) pitchfork decal the past few years and uses black in their football uniforms so I wasn't sure.

Its not a bad look, just gonna take some getting used to. When I think Gate City I still think of the Blue helmets with the Devils logo 

1 hour ago, Bigrhsfan said:

Whoever came up with this TW design came up with a winner !  Really a nice clean, but sharp look.

Pretty sure that it originated with Navy back in 2012 for the Army game.  It's been adopted by more than a few teams since (including Virginia Tech).  I agree that it's pretty sharp.  TW's logo and color scheme work well for the concept.

2 hours ago, RichlandsAlum said:

Pretty sure that it originated with Navy back in 2012 for the Army game.  It's been adopted by more than a few teams since (including Virginia Tech).  I agree that it's pretty sharp.  TW's logo and color scheme work well for the concept.

I was about to say that’s VT used it a couple years back as well. Love the design. It plays well with the shape of those helmets and the way the lines work. 

23 hours ago, RichlandsAlum said:

Glad you pointed that out to me,  I had forgot about Navy having that design.  I liked it then also.  Have always been a bit of a Navy fan.