New Helmet thread

GloboGymCobras

• 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, Grapeape said:

So the coaches have to cut out the ear hole & the snaps? No, thanks. They look great, though. 

I got $5 for Christ if he’d go back to the Michigan style Va High look. 

From what I’m hearing, that’s exactly what he’s doing. That’s the style I played with, so of course they’re my favorite.

• 3 weeks later...

38 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

From the camp tour it looks like Tazewell is back to a green helmet.  I wonder if the large dog is on one side in white now.

They had the green helmets with a white dog on it last year too. They alternated between wearing the green and the white helmets 

2 hours ago, EH31 said:

They had the green helmets with a white dog on it last year too. They alternated between wearing the green and the white helmets 

If I remember correctly, the dog sticker was a grey color on the green helmet.

On 6/29/2019 at 11:55 AM, Hokie1Pokie said:

I love how Tony has darkened the cardinal Jerseys and given them a bit more of a maroon shade. Grahams school colors are maroon and gray. The old Graham teams from the 40's through 1971ish were close to modern day Salem in appearance. Coach Carlock loved the cardinal and gold/Khaki look. I like the khaki pants ok, but love the maroon Jerseys. I have told Tony this many times and Tony also likes the darker/closer in color to maroon instead of cardinal Jerseys. If you look at Graham now and before, those jerseys have darkened some and the helmets have also.  I would like to see them all the way maroon and the helmets as well, but the yellow/gold in the G Star on the helmet should always remain if I had my way. Thats a tribute to Coach Carlock, and so are the khaki pants. Before 1971/1972ish, you couldnt find yellow/gold in the Graham helmet. 

It isn't that Tony "darkened" them, its just that is the color Nike offered.

• 2 weeks later...