Top players

GloboGymCobras

On 7/23/2019 at 9:36 PM, Trojans1980 said:

#20 for the John battle Trojans... Scored 9 touchdowns last year in a split running back spotwith 100 tackles from his linebacker spot.. This year the back field is his and him and the Scarborough kid could be one of the best linebacker duos in the mountain 7

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3a8b4e6c3952586f

• 3 weeks later...

Graham/Bluefield game had a ton of talent.

Ā 

Isiah Johnson - 247 ranking 4 star -Ā  73Ā  overall for class of 2021

Ā 

Brody Meadows - 247 ranking 4 star - 90 overall for class of 2022

Ā 

Sean Martin - 247 ranking 3 star - 538 overall for class of 2020

Ā 

JJ Davis - 247 ranking 3 star - 664 overall rank for class of 2020

Ā 

Kaulin Paris - WVU committ

Ā 

Devin Lester - Old Dominion Committ

40 minutes ago, GusDaGuesser said:

Thatā€™s a bold prediction considering Trenton Adkins plays in that region.Ā 

The top accolades usually follow the top team. With Lester playing QB on what might be the best team in 2Ā it would hard to find a more impactful player. Similar to Cam Allen last year. Trenton Adkins is a great player though

On 7/15/2019 at 4:31 PM, sixcat said:

Not Class 1 or 2 but worthy of mention.Ā  Carroll County got a pair of transfers named Stephen (SR) and Benji (SO) GosnellĀ from North Carolina.Ā  Stephen is 6'-2" tall, around 215 pounds and has signed to play WR at NC State.Ā  HeĀ was the number 30 ranked player in North Carolina as a junior last season before transferring.Ā  HeĀ accounted for more than 2,500 yards last season for East Surry who lost in the state finals to Tarboro.Ā 

Benji is 6'-3" tall,Ā a shade over 200 pounds and plays DE.Ā  Although rumor is, he is going to concentrate on basketball and baseball and drop football.

https://www.roanoke.com/sports/high_schools/carroll-county-transfer-commits-to-n-c-state-to-play/article_05647d5d-00d9-5cfa-a63a-49002dbe10c5.html

Ā 

The Gosnellā€™s have returned to East Surry. The younger brother played in a jamboree Saturday in Hickory while the older sat out with a hip bruise.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

9 hours ago, sixcat said:

The Gosnellā€™s have returned to East Surry. The younger brother played in a jamboree Saturday in Hickory while the older sat out with a hip bruise.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

They never had any intentions of staying at Carroll.

44 minutes ago, Meatchop said:

They never had any intentions of staying at Carroll.

I suspected as much.Ā  They have half-a-dozen older brothers who played for East Surry.Ā  The whole family are local legends in Pilot Mountain.

Adkins will not be sharing carries so I think will he put up monster numbers.Ā His teammate Sproles will be a monster on defense.

Brown from Patrick Henry should have a monster year. Whited from Eastside is a threat running and receiving.

MLB from Chilhowie is a stud along with Bellamy from Eastside.

Kolby Barnes from Galax!Ā  Another "Swiss army knife" straight out of the Caleb Spurlin mold.Ā  Kid is as tough as nails with a bit of a mean streak and seems to be everywhere at once on he field.Ā  And he's only a junior!

5 hours ago, goose111874 said:

I'm sure someone may be better that I've not seen but on defense u would have to put Polier from Union near the top .

He's going to be a beast.

http://www.timesnews.net/Football/2019/08/20/Following-busy-summer-Union-s-Polier-focused-on-senior-year.html?ci=stream&lp=1&p=1

1 hour ago, Bulldog05 said:

Iā€™m not saying they are the top of the line, because they are young. But everyone watch out for Mike Jones for Tazewell, and Josiah Jordan for Tazewell. I would say jojo is a top player in the SWD.Ā 

I would put Harris onĀ that list too.