2019 Anticipated Game(s)

Tigers_07

I think a lot of people will post on them GREAT SWVA games...But having places NC/VA, I will share 2 great games this year.

1. MALLARD CREEK (NC) VS DUTCH FORK (SC)   AUG 23rd on ESPN2...6PM   A note about MALLARD CREEK...For the 2 games I saw in the last 4 years, From play 1 they hit you like you have called there Moms a bad name!!

2. HIGHLAND SPRINGS (VA) VS PAGE (NC)  SEPT 27....Just reading a little, HIGHLAND is 5A state champs last 4 years and PAGE has got a great football program...Should be a great game

John Battle vs wise central... Very well could decide the last spot in the playoffs... wise was very improved last year will probably be stronger this year... Battle has most of there starters returning but a new coach... If the team gels under ricker with top returners Cunningham McCloud Osborne and Scarborough Battle could be a solid football team... Should be a very good game

29 minutes ago, rvtne216 said:

Longest regular season trip....11/1 Hart County, KY travels to Grayson County...six and a half hour trip...397 miles. 

That's a mistake that got spread around publicly from a Grayson County marching band promotional on social media.  Grayson actually plays George Wythe on November 1 and do not play Hart County at all.

Richlands @ Union (No Brainer)

Abingdon @ Richlands (Always a Chess Match type of game)

Union @ Graham (Two of the best programs in SWVA)

Ridgeview @ Pikeville, KY (Pikeville is a eastern KY powerhouse)

Chilhowie @ Patrick Henry (Winner will be the Hogoheegee champs and two of the best 1A teams in SWVA)

Graham vs Bluefield                            Richlands vs Union                       Radford vs Glenvar

Graham vs Union                                Richlands vs Radford                   Patrick Henry vs Chilhowie

Graham vs Richlands                         Radford vs George Wythe            Ridgeview vs Union

Ridgeview vs Pikeville                        Galax vs Glenvar 

(Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately, I'll only be watching the Graham games in person but I cannot wait to see how the others turn out. Hopefully one of the others will be on the week Graham doesn't play.)