How does everyone think Tazewell is gonna be this year?

Bulldog05

Everything hinges on that first game. Va High is a winnable game. Pull that one off then give Graham all they can handle and going .500 is a possibility. Drop that 1st game and it may be 2-8 again

57 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I thought they would have done better than they did last year. Hopefully, this year will be better for them. They've got some great talent but not much depth. Good luck, Dawgs! I'll be cheering you on against everybody but the big G! 

I agree.  Tazewell has a lot of talent at the skill positions.  QB transferring to Bluefield may be a blessing in disguise, they need some consistency at qb.  Watching them play some last season, it seemed like they would have a rhythm, then switch qb's and destroy the rhythm they had.  They had several linemen go down to injury last season and that hurt a lot.  I look for them to have a good season.

I think 4-6 is reasonable. I understand they have some talent but it's how the coaches use it that is a factor. I saw similar predictions last year, but it went South fairly quick and by the end even Lebanon beat them. My advice is to temper expectations and see what happens in the first few games. It's better to be an underdog and win more than expected instead of being a favorite and struggle.

Good luck to Tazewell I hope you exceed expectations. 

I'm expecting Lebanon to go anywhere from 1-9 to 4-6. They are young but do have some talent if they can stay healthy.  

I think VA High will struggle some but I'd expect them to win 4 or so they do have athletes. 

Good luck to all teams, it's going to be a interesting season. 

If the coaches can get there stuff together I think they can do better. They have great talent but Coach Harris has no discipline and let’s the kids run the show. Over all Harris is a great coach just needs to step up and show them who the boss is. But that’s not even the main problem. The main problem is the offensive coaches. You cant run the same play 96 times and expect something out of it! I’m going with 6-4

Tazewell has talent, they always have good kids in all positions.  Again, this year starts on the line and if that doesn't get straightened out then everyone in the backfield will be scrambling. I'm gonna say either 4-6 or 6-4, how they respond to the second half of the season will determine if it'll be playoffs or not.  Good luck to all area teams.

2 hours ago, Pioneer pride said:

I think 4-6 is reasonable. I understand they have some talent but it's how the coaches use it that is a factor. I saw similar predictions last year, but it went South fairly quick and by the end even Lebanon beat them. My advice is to temper expectations and see what happens in the first few games. It's better to be an underdog and win more than expected instead of being a favorite and struggle.

Good luck to Tazewell I hope you exceed expectations. 

I'm expecting Lebanon to go anywhere from 1-9 to 4-6. They are young but do have some talent if they can stay healthy.  

I think VA High will struggle some but I'd expect them to win 4 or so they do have athletes. 

Good luck to all teams, it's going to be a interesting season. 

If VHS wins 4 games, Crist will deserve Coach of the Year, and unless we’re talking about somewhere deep in the MCU Multiverse, he will never win COY.

This year’s team has lost almost everything from the last two years that saw the Bearcats be competitive with everyone on their schedule from Union, to Abingdon, to Tn. High, and even for 3 quarters at Mitchell in the playoffs last year.

VHS has a great group of assistant coaches(who are handcuffed) and very few athletes this season. They had 20 kids at team camp last week. Plus, their most experienced senior O-lineman is out for the year due to a back injury, their top skill is not playing this year due to a back injury that cut his baseball season short in the Spring, and their best returning D-lineman is not playing as he is focusing on baseball.

VHS scored over 70 points combined the last 2 seasons against Tazewell. The Dawgs have a GREAT shot at revenge next month. To me, the Bearcats are between 0-10 and 2-8 this season, seriously.

3 hours ago, Pioneer pride said:

Wow I had no idea thanks for the reply. Lebanon and VA high might be a good game  this year. 

I believe it will be a good game. VHS has a kid in the backfield with a ton of potential, but the O-Line won’t have the size, depth, or experience to give him room to work. Their top few athletes come from the freshman and sophomore class, nearly all of whom have little to no reps at the varsity level.

Unfortunately for VHS, this previous senior class as a whole did a lot of heavy lifting in most girls and boys sports. The 2019-2020 school year will be rough for VHS athletics.

17 hours ago, Bulldog05 said:

If the coaches can get there stuff together I think they can do better. They have great talent but Coach Harris has no discipline and let’s the kids run the show. Over all Harris is a great coach just needs to step up and show them who the boss is. But that’s not even the main problem. The main problem is the offensive coaches. You cant run the same play 96 times and expect something out of it! I’m going with 6-4

☝️

Who let the dogs? The bulldogs will get loose and bite at least 6 teams this year if they can avoid the injury bug. They have talent but might be shallow on bench players which makes staying healthy a must. Will be cheering for them til they play my Blues.