Jump to content
Bulldog05

How does everyone think Tazewell is gonna be this year?

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

I believe it will be a good game. VHS has a kid in the backfield with a ton of potential, but the O-Line won’t have the size, depth, or experience to give him room to work. Their top few athletes come from the freshman and sophomore class, nearly all of whom have little to no reps at the varsity level.

Unfortunately for VHS, this previous senior class as a whole did a lot of heavy lifting in most girls and boys sports. The 2019-2020 school year will be rough for VHS athletics.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
 

The Dawgs will go 6 & 4 if the coaches come through, 4 & 6 if the players are in charge as in the past couple of years.  I agree, you can"t run the same play over and over, hoping for success, unless you have an O line that can move the D line off the ball.  The Harry Frye style of play, (four downs and a cloud of dust) is a thing of the past.  Tazewell has had good talent the last couple of years, but the coaches need to step it up and understand that high school football depends on the adjustments made during the game, therefore adjustments must be made during the game not afterwards in the film room.

Hope all teams have a great season.  Pulling for the Bulldogs, except when they play Richands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
32 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

The Dawgs will go 6 & 4 if the coaches come through, 4 & 6 if the players are in charge as in the past couple of years.  I agree, you can"t run the same play over and over, hoping for success, unless you have an O line that can move the D line off the ball.  The Harry Frye style of play, (four downs and a cloud of dust) is a thing of the past.  Tazewell has had good talent the last couple of years, but the coaches need to step it up and understand that high school football depends on the adjustments made during the game, therefore adjustments must be made during the game not afterwards in the film room.

Hope all teams have a great season.  Pulling for the Bulldogs, except when they play Richands.

I'm not saying this is true of Tazewell coaching staff but a lot of high school teams (coaches) aren't knowledgeable enough to make adjustments during a game. Coaches need to become "students" of the game and the game playing has evolved. A coach has to know enough to put players in positions where they can be successful and you keep adjusting until you get it right , in game, after game, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I'm not saying this is true of Tazewell coaching staff but a lot of high school teams (coaches) aren't knowledgeable enough to make adjustments during a game. Coaches need to become "students" of the game and the game playing has evolved. A coach has to know enough to put players in positions where they can be successful and you keep adjusting until you get it right , in game, after game, etc. 

My vote for “Post of the Year”. This is exactly why VHS has been mediocre for a century. Very rarely do we have a coach that can do this. We usually have the athletes, we usually DON’T have the HC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
1 hour ago, EH31 said:

That pic didn’t have everyone in it. Tazewell is in the low 40’s

Where’s the others? Because I was sitting on the rock this morning and didn’t even count 30!!!! 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
3 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Yes.  

Maybe you’re right! But this is not the first day I’ve been sitting on the rock at the beginning of practice.. For the Dogs sake I hope there is 40 some, hell even 50, but I’ve yet to see that many!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Maybe you’re right! But this is not the first day I’ve been sitting on the rock at the beginning of practice.. For the Dogs sake I hope there is 40 some, hell even 50, but I’ve yet to see that many!

I hope Im right too.  But you may be correct.  Some schools will have some in the weight room on some days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...