August 1st-How many did your team have show up for Day 1?

Gridiron60

Just curious, what are the chances that most of these school/teams stay at those numbers from Day 1 until Game 1?  Given that in the past I have known kids (in Tazewell) that want to come out once school starts or kids that quit after days 1, 2, or whatever.

28 minutes ago, SpillBoss said:

Just curious, what are the chances that most of these school/teams stay at those numbers from Day 1 until Game 1?  Given that in the past I have known kids (in Tazewell) that want to come out once school starts or kids that quit after days 1, 2, or whatever.

I would say 100% chance numbers go down for several. 

51 minutes ago, Pioneer pride said:

The coach told me 44 total, JV might be included. So it's looking like 30+ at the least. I think they will surprise some teams. 

That is awesome! I was afraid they would have enough for a team at least that the rumors I was hearing

On 8/6/2019 at 2:18 PM, SXSW said:

I was told today that GC has mid 30's if so they are in for a long season!

I've heard 27 and heard 33. Cancelled the blue and white game to not have an added chance of injuries. I had also heard they cancelled it to stay off the field but Little League will be playing on it this evening. 

6 hours ago, Jags52 said:

That is awesome! I was afraid they would have enough for a team at least that the rumors I was hearing

No that was only a local rumor. They released on Facebook, that it was only an ugly rumor not to be believed. I don't think we have a lot of size, but we do have some athletes that could help. It will be interesting to see how they improve. I'm thinking 5 wins would be a good season for them. I'd say on a good day if things go well they will get 3 to 5 wins this season. Not great but improved. Give them another season or so and they will be dangerous I think. 

The coaching staff did an excellent job at getting intrest up. I think they are also making the wrestling team play which helps. 

16 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Giles had close to 40 I heard. A huge improvement from last season. Hopefully we can stay healthy this year. Guess it’s time to dust off the train horn!!!!! 

Also heard the attitudes are a lot better this year too....last year was a nightmare with some of those kids

21 hours ago, Pioneer pride said:

No that was only a local rumor. They released on Facebook, that it was only an ugly rumor not to be believed. I don't think we have a lot of size, but we do have some athletes that could help. It will be interesting to see how they improve. I'm thinking 5 wins would be a good season for them. I'd say on a good day if things go well they will get 3 to 5 wins this season. Not great but improved. Give them another season or so and they will be dangerous I think. 

The coaching staff did an excellent job at getting intrest up. I think they are also making the wrestling team play which helps. 

I would say making wrestlers play is only going to help y’all out. I’m glad that was just an ugly rumor best of luck to y’all this year

3 hours ago, Jags52 said:

I would say making wrestlers play is only going to help y’all out. I’m glad that was just an ugly rumor best of luck to y’all this year.

I'm expecting it to be exciting. The bands numbers also increased. The schedule is also much lighter which will help them.