WCYB/CW High school lineup

swva_havok_fan

PJ and Heather just went live on Facebook and announced the lineup of games they will be showing this fall on the CW.  Here are the games:

August 22 -- Greeneville at Knox Powell (Thursday night)

August 23 -- Tennessee High at Dobyns Bennett

August 30 -- Science Hill at David Crockett

September 6 -- Virginia High at John Battle

September 13 -- Greeneville at Science Hill

September 20 -- Volunteer at Cherokee

September 27 -- John Battle at Patrick Henry

October 4 -- Chilhowie at Virginia High

October 11 -- Ridgeview at Union

October 18 -- Greeneville at Elizabethton

October 25 -- David Crockett at Daniel Boone

Volunteer and Cherokee really. Both teams probably going to win 5 games combined. Battle twice? No Abingdon! Union and Richland not on the schedule. Wow! I guess they will figure out soon enough the difference in football games vs. good football games. 

1 hour ago, SXSW said:

Volunteer and Cherokee really. Both teams probably going to win 5 games combined. Battle twice? No Abingdon! Union and Richland not on the schedule. Wow! I guess they will figure out soon enough the difference in football games vs. good football games. 

Richlands isn't in their coverage area.  And yes, I realize Knox Powell isn't either, but PJ and Heather said that game was being covered by a Knoxville station and shared with them.

Yeah, their choice of Virginia games are puzzling to say the least with the exception of Ridgeview/Union.  Volunteer and Cherokee is just a nasty bitter rivalry from what I understand, so that may be why it was chosen?

Tennessee will always get priority because of it's larger population. It doesn't mean football is better one place or another or if it seems to be a bad matchup. It's all about getting the largest audience for ratings. 

3 hours ago, SXSW said:

It’s all about $$$. And businesses are paying for Tenn. games more than VA games. 

Also, not all schools wanted a game to be televised for one reason or another. 

It’s much more of a process than anyone thinks it is to get these games covered. 

4 hours ago, SXSW said:

Union an Ridgeview are there Oct. 11, Battle an VHS should be there they are home town, The PH an Battle game not sure of. I think Battle will be a lot better than we think, they are young an small but we all hope for the best.

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

It’s all about $$$. And businesses are paying for Tenn. games more than VA games. 

It’s much more of a process than anyone thinks it is to get these games covered. 

I know the logistics of the undertaking I did some camera and radio work back in the late 80's and early 90's for Channel 30 in Scott County doing Gate City games, being a spotter on a broadcast is one of the hardest jobs I ever did. Our play-by-play guy Chuck Newton was legally blind that was a hoot! They literally will say whatever you tell them in their ear!  I understand the money game too, money talks and b/s walks! We can also chart the progress of John Battle over a 4 week period to see if they have progressed or gotten worse..

16 hours ago, grandpaw trojan said:

Union an Ridgeview are there Oct. 11, Battle an VHS should be there they are home town, The PH an Battle game not sure of. I think Battle will be a lot better than we think, they are young an small but we all hope for the best.

Patrick Henry is going 10-0 this year -- so of course you go get a game of theirs. And it's close. That one makes sense to me. 

23 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

NO RYAN! Its because WCYB is stupid and hates Virginia 

50 minutes ago, Bulldog05 said:

Are these televised?😂 not familiar. If so, what channel is it on? Thanks!

It's on the Tri-Cities CW channel. If you're Tazewell County and east, you won't get it. But you can stream it live on our (WCYB) Facebook page on Friday nights.

9 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

It's on the Tri-Cities CW channel. If you're Tazewell County and east, you won't get it. But you can stream it live on our (WCYB) Facebook page on Friday nights.

Thank you sir. I’m from Tazewell but live in Russell county now. Again, thank you

On 8/5/2019 at 9:53 PM, swva_havok_fan said:

PJ and Heather just went live on Facebook and announced the lineup of games they will be showing this fall on the CW.  Here are the games:

August 22 -- Greeneville at Knox Powell (Thursday night)

August 23 -- Tennessee High at Dobyns Bennett

August 30 -- Science Hill at David Crockett

September 6 -- Virginia High at John Battle

September 13 -- Greeneville at Science Hill

September 20 -- Volunteer at Cherokee

September 27 -- John Battle at Patrick Henry

October 4 -- Chilhowie at Virginia High

October 11 -- Ridgeview at Union

October 18 -- Greeneville at Elizabethton

October 25 -- David Crockett at Daniel Boone

No Abingdon? Hmmm that's funny, they have one of the better teams locally and are the biggest school on this side of SWVA...sure makes  a lot  of sense WCYB?🤔

2 minutes ago, Pioneer pride said:

No Abingdon? Hmmm that's funny, they have one of the better teams locally and are the biggest school on this side of SWVA...sure makes  a lot  of sense WCYB?🤔

Did they make it on twice last year?

1 hour ago, Fisher said:

No just once that  becauseAbingdon went into bullet Park and was not supposed to win!!

What about the very first one at John Battle? I guess they just done pregame and didn't broadcast it live. My bad.