How is Richlands looking and what is everyone’s thoughts on them this year?

Bulldog05

1 hour ago, Blue 72 said:

Possibly 7 - 3 and with luck 8-2, think Radford, Bluefield, Radford, and Union will all be tough games, so I'm HOPING for 8 - 2, but will have to wait and see as the season goes along.  Staying healthy will be the key for all these teams.

Shew, if we can somehow split the two Radford games, I think we can go 7&3 lol.  Just messing with ya man!! 

3 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Possibly 7 - 3 and with luck 8-2, think Radford, Bluefield, Radford, and Union will all be tough games, so I'm HOPING for 8 - 2, but will have to wait and see as the season goes along.  Staying healthy will be the key for all these teams.

You guys play Radford twice? Kidding of course, but I got the Blues at 8-2 this year. Bluefield and Graham will be losses. Union will be a win for the Blues and I think you guys catch Radford in a mess down at ole Ernie and upset them. 8-2 for the Blues. I gotcha beating Radford because Mance will slow it down on O and do some old school ground and pound this year compared to the past 20 years, and I got Richlands in a surprisingly close game (but a win) against Gate City because of the very same reason above.

19 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

That's old-man fingers working a small keyboard and not prof reading, ha! ha!, it should have been Radford, Bluefield, Graham, and Union.  Thanks for pointing that lopsided mistake out.  I hope Graham is as good as everyone predicts, however I'm hearing they may not be, so if the Blues can get lucky enough to pull off a win in that game, I will say 8 - 2, but in reality I think 7 - 3 will be a good year.  The Union Game is always a nail biter until the last whistle, but I think the Blues will sneak out a win in this one. Bluefield is to strong and should win, Radford will be interesting so we'll wait and see on this one.  Injuries will play a big part in games this year at the skilled positions and I hope that all teams go injury free and can play at full strength, which will make for some good games.  Let the games begin, can't wait!!

1 hour ago, Blue 72 said:

That's old-man fingers working a small keyboard and not prof reading, ha! ha!, it should have been Radford, Bluefield, Graham, and Union.  Thanks for pointing that lopsided mistake out.  I hope Graham is as good as everyone predicts, however I'm hearing they may not be, so if the Blues can get lucky enough to pull off a win in that game, I will say 8 - 2, but in reality I think 7 - 3 will be a good year.  The Union Game is always a nail biter until the last whistle, but I think the Blues will sneak out a win in this one. Bluefield is to strong and should win, Radford will be interesting so we'll wait and see on this one.  Injuries will play a big part in games this year at the skilled positions and I hope that all teams go injury free and can play at full strength, which will make for some good games.  Let the games begin, can't wait!!

You didn't even mention Abingdon.  Abingdon is going to be better than Union this year.  They're my pick to win the M7.

Looking at their schedule, they very well could start out at 1-3 or 0-4.  2-2 would be a huge accomplishment, but I'm leaning more towards 1-3 or 0-4 to start the season, Mance may need to wait a while for win #200.  They should beat 5 of the remaining 6.  I'll stick with my original prediction of 7-3 at best and 5-5 at worst.  

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Looking at their schedule, they very well could start out at 1-3 or 0-4.  2-2 would be a huge accomplishment, but I'm leaning more towards 1-3 or 0-4 to start the season, Mance may need to wait a while for win #200.  They should beat 5 of the remaining 6.  I'll stick with my original prediction of 7-3 at best and 5-5 at worst.  

Wait a minute, are you insinuating that it's more likely that Gate City will beat Richlands than Graham and Radford?

1 hour ago, Plywood_King said:

Wait a minute, are you insinuating that it's more likely that Gate City will beat Richlands than Graham and Radford?

No, the way the schedule was posted earlier in the thread, I thought Gate City was a scrimmage.  In that case, probably a 1-4 start or 2-3.  and 4 of last 5 should be wins.  Still yet, 7-3 at best.  Likely 5-5 or 6-4.

6 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I will put the deed to my newly purchased house on the line that Richlands does not go 0-4 to start the season. Keep sleepin'.

I'm gonna say they will be 3-1 with a lost to just Bluefield the first 4 games. Regular season will be 8-2. Richlands has much more size than in the past years. Has a good recieving core, 2 good running backs, one big back in steel and one quick back that's still young in newberry. Returning the entire line play and most of the entire secondary. Including a few new faces recently. Things are getting better. Last years 8th grade class will run the table in a few years. 

On 8/14/2019 at 7:25 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

Laugh of the day!  Have to give you the grand trophy, 1-3 or 0-4 the first 4 games, haven't laughed this hard in years.  Thanks for giving me a good old fashion belly laugh.

31 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Laugh of the day!  Have to give you the grand trophy, 1-3 or 0-4 the first 4 games, haven't laughed this hard in years.  Thanks for giving me a good old fashion belly laugh.

Glad I could help.  Apparently you didnt see later on where I said I mis-read the schedule.  Still think 1-3 is very possible. Sorry to not have your opinion, which is obviously correct because it is yours.  Are you telling me that Abingdon, Union, Bluefield arent 3 possible losses? Then Radford the next week.  1-4 in first 5 games is very possible.  Im hearing Gate City is much improved (i looked at schedule wrong and thought that was a scrimmage).  Laugh it up while you can.

14 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Glad I could help.  Apparently you didnt see later on where I said I mis-read the schedule.  Still think 1-3 is very possible. Sorry to not have your opinion, which is obviously correct because it is yours.  Are you telling me that Abingdon, Union, Bluefield arent 3 possible losses? Then Radford the next week.  1-4 in first 5 games is very possible.  Im hearing Gate City is much improved (i looked at schedule wrong and thought that was a scrimmage).  Laugh it up while you can.

Just kidding with you about the laugh of the day, but would venture to guess that most Blues fans would feel that way.  You are absolutely correct and I believe Abingdon, Union, and Bluefield are indeed possible losses, and yes Radford also.  Every game that will be played in the first 5 of the season will be tough, I'm apologize for laughing at your post, but most would have to agree it was pretty funny to us Richlands fans especially the 0-4. Like you, I too believe 1 - 3 is very possible, but don't think it will happen.  I think 3 -0 going into the Bluefield game and if my old mind is working right, I think Richlands has been one of the few teams to beat Bluefield 2 yrs. in a row in recent history.  Could the Blues pull of the upset, very possible.  Now you can laugh at this old man. Lol

4 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Just kidding with you about the laugh of the day, but would venture to guess that most Blues fans would feel that way.  You are absolutely correct and I believe Abingdon, Union, and Bluefield are indeed possible losses, and yes Radford also.  Every game that will be played in the first 5 of the season will be tough, I'm apologize for laughing at your post, but most would have to agree it was pretty funny to us Richlands fans especially the 0-4. Like you, I too believe 1 - 3 is very possible, but don't think it will happen.  I think 3 -0 going into the Bluefield game and if my old mind is working right, I think Richlands has been one of the few teams to beat Bluefield 2 yrs. in a row in recent history.  Could the Blues pull of the upset, very possible.  Now you can laugh at this old man. Lol

I definitely wasnt trying to slight Richlands.  I honestly looked at the schedule wrong, thought GC was a scrimmage, had a brain lapse, I was justbstating worst case scenario.  Should have followed up by saying not likely, but "possible".  Also no offense to any other teams, but I do believe Bluefield, Graham and Radford will be on that "next level" up from most of the area teams and it will be a difficult task to stay in the ball game with those teams this year.