Bland Cancels Season

Ryan4VT

6 minutes ago, Cavaholic21 said:

I am hearing that there is a strong possiblity Northwood and Narrows will now play in week 2, since Northwood is open.

from Roanoke Times

Narrows has picked up Northwood as a replacement for Bland County with a home date on Sept. 6.

That would work.  I wad thinking other possible candidates would be Roanoke Catholic on that 9/6 or Montcalm on 9/27 given theyre both off that night.  Hopefully they can find someone to come to Narrows and not be short a game worth of gate money since Bland would have been a home game.

Bland County does have a middle school team. A very sad day, not having a high school team affects so much more than just football; football is the sport that brings communities together most. It'sheartbreaking for the coaches and boys that wanted to play.  Two players had already transferred prior to the official decision. For schools like Bland County, 7 on 7 would be a blessing but even with just 11 players , that's still not adequate even for 7 on 7.

14 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Send the Hometown Tazewell coach home and bring his players with him!

Thought y’all ran him off the last time he was in Tazewell 🤷🏼‍♂️

I talked to the parents of a football player who said they really didn't like playing for their coach. They weren't happy with the play calling and that he only ran like 5 different plays per game and he was unwilling to change after 15+ seasons.

2 hours ago, footballfanatic said:

I talked to the parents of a football player who said they really didn't like playing for their coach. They weren't happy with the play calling and that he only ran like 5 different plays per game and he was unwilling to change after 15+ seasons.

Is any parent ever happy with the play calling unless it's their kid getting the ball 100% of the time

Most coaches are pretty good but we had one that in his one and only one year here has left us still in a tedious situation five years later. That would  be Tom Hale and he ran the same plays to a point of not only not effective but would leave a running backin no win situation of taking on 3 defenders each play. So that excuse not completely lame. The great coaches are the ones who actually help build your program in the 3rd grade and helps and shows up but don’t micro manage.