Sad news -- Jon Odum

swva_havok_fan

Some sad news from over the weekend...

John Battle boys basketball coach Jon Odum tragically lost a long battle with cancer and passed away on Saturday. Coach Odum was a class act and a tremendous ballplayer for the Trojans as well as a great coach.  He loved those kids as if they were his own and he will be sorely missed in the Battle community and in all of southwest Virginia as a whole.  If you ask any coach in this area, I think all of them would have a good story or compliment to share about coach Odum.  

Please pray for coach Odum's family and the John S. Battle community during this time of sorrow.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Some sad news from over the weekend...

John Battle boys basketball coach Jon Odum tragically lost a long battle with cancer and passed away on Saturday. Coach Odum was a class act and a tremendous ballplayer for the Trojans as well as a great coach.  He loved those kids as if they were his own and he will be sorely missed in the Battle community and in all of southwest Virginia as a whole.  If you ask any coach in this area, I think all of them would have a good story or compliment to share about coach Odum.  

Please pray for coach Odum's family and the John S. Battle community during this time of sorrow.

My brother played against him in both high school and college.  He was a good player.  Hate to hear this!

My prayers and heart goes out to this family...so short a life, but how well he lived it..  

Years were cut short by this awful horrendous disease, but a legacy left that cancer can't erase.

I know this cancer well, I had a close family member who passed from it.  

Coach Odum's game is won, the last basket scored!!!  

Rest well Coach!!!🙏