Overreaction Saturday

Beano_31

Lester will do his damage with his legs...he didn't look good throwing the ball at all Thursday yea he completed a couple big passes..the first one was under throw and the snow never turned to see where the ball was...cam was dangerous with his legs last year but he could pass it to....and somebody mentioned he was. D1 talent only on defense..if I'm not mistaken uva recruited Allen as a QB....i may have dreamed that but my brain keeps telling me I read that somewhere....lester won't be all that good of a passer I don't think...i could be wrong....but I'd bout bet money on it....and dont

Not trying to flame, but 2 years ago Graham held Richlands scoreless for 44 minutes. Last year the G-Men shut them out once, and they scored 10 in never challenging Graham in the playoffs. Graham returns most of the team. No way Richlands plays us closer than last year. Ok they may score, but it wont be on the starting defense. Just the way I see it.

7 minutes ago, CPF said:

Not trying to flame, but 2 years ago Graham held Richlands scoreless for 44 minutes. Last year the G-Men shut them out once, and they scored 10 in never challenging Graham in the playoffs. Graham returns most of the team. No way Richlands plays us closer than last year. Ok they may score, but it wont be on the starting defense. Just the way I see it.

If I'm not mistaken a guy that did most of the damage to Richlands last year is not on the team now...he is fighting for playing time at Purdue....i know he had atleast 2 tds on long runs and a couple passing tds....im sure Lester will score with his legs also this year but unless he gets a lot better from now till then I don't see him putting up big passing yards..this year....but if he gets to the edge it's lights out..he will be hard to run down...

16 minutes ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

Lester will do his damage with his legs...he didn't look good throwing the ball at all Thursday yea he completed a couple big passes..the first one was under throw and the snow never turned to see where the ball was...cam was dangerous with his legs last year but he could pass it to....and somebody mentioned he was. D1 talent only on defense..if I'm not mistaken uva recruited Allen as a QB....i may have dreamed that but my brain keeps telling me I read that somewhere....lester won't be all that good of a passer I don't think...i could be wrong....but I'd bout bet money on it....and dont

Cam never was recruited as a Div 1 QB and Cam was a stud, but there are some fans for whatever reason that have the idea or thought that because he played QB in High School and he was a Div 1 recruit, then the thought occurs that he was a High School Div 1 QB.  I've spoke with at least 10 people in the area, and some of them even Graham fans, that have mentioned Cam and Div 1, QB and Purdue in the same breath and this concept somehow has warped into the belief that, Graham lost a D1 QB going to Purdue. That's partially true, but not really true in the concept people are believing. Defensive back, and elite, but as a High School QB, the best in 2A Virginia last year, but not even within the realm of Div 1.

I look for Richlands to slow the game down against Graham. They controlled the first half in the playoffs . They had a go ahead TD erased due to ineligible receiver penalty then threw a pic on the next play. Then Cam Allen had a 90 yard QB sneak a couple plays later. And Richlands just fell apart from there. Sometimes the ball bounces your way, who’s to say it won’t bounce the Blue Tornado’s this year.  

23 minutes ago, Eersfan said:

I look for Richlands to slow the game down against Graham. They controlled the first half in the playoffs . They had a go ahead TD erased due to ineligible receiver penalty then threw a pic on the next play. Then Cam Allen had a 90 yard QB sneak a couple plays later. And Richlands just fell apart from there. Sometimes the ball bounces your way, who’s to say it won’t bounce the Blue Tornado’s this year.  

It won’t, bet on talent and not luck. Richlands May keeps it close for a half but Graham will be to much for them in the end.

20 minutes ago, Eersfan said:

Richlands controlled the first half in the playoffs 🤔 that's an interesting statement. Richlands played a more respectable game in playoffs than the regular season game but you might be reaching  a little bit using the word "controlled". 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Richlands controlled the first half in the playoffs 🤔 that's an interesting statement. Richlands played a more respectable game in playoffs than the regular season game but you might be reaching  a little bit using the word "controlled". 

Yes controlled. Holding onto the football and moving the ball in short increments. It was a 3 point game in the 2nd with Richlands scoring on a pass to take the lead only to be nullified by a silly penalty. That was definitely a subpar Richlands team but they scrapped. Anything can change in the course of  6 games. And Richlands definitely has the tougher schedule and they have depth. Those tougher games could deplete their ranks or make them tougher. Graham will have a somewhat tougher task with Union than Central Wise and Tazewell will be improved but what happens when they lose a key player? Where will their heads be at after those games? Will they blow those cupcakes off the ball and get complacent? If Richlands has improved on the defensive side , I wouldn’t count them out at all. 

3 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Cam never was recruited as a Div 1 QB and Cam was a stud, but there are some fans for whatever reason that have the idea or thought that because he played QB in High School and he was a Div 1 recruit, then the thought occurs that he was a High School Div 1 QB.  I've spoke with at least 10 people in the area, and some of them even Graham fans, that have mentioned Cam and Div 1, QB and Purdue in the same breath and this concept somehow has warped into the belief that, Graham lost a D1 QB going to Purdue. That's partially true, but not really true in the concept people are believing. Defensive back, and elite, but as a High School QB, the best in 2A Virginia last year, but not even within the realm of Div 1.

It won't let me post the article but it's on Appalachia prep combine...it talks about him being a QB and says uva atleast offered him to play on offense but ever body else recruited him as a db....

7 hours ago, CPF said:

Since were making predictions, Richlands has scored what 23 points on Graham the last 3 games? And being this is the best returning Graham defense in 30 years. My prediction is Richlands scores zero points against the G-Men in 2019.

What’s the wager? I’ll take it lol. The Blues cross midfield and Fle is in range. They’ll at least get 3. He hit a 57 yarder against Belfry with live rush. And it was good from at least 61-62. 

3 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

And didnt Graham win something like 17 of 18 before that? Nobody cares about that either.

Not quite. Graham did win 12 of 15 before Richlands won the 15 out of 16. 

BUT -- in the storied history of this county rivalry, only once since the first game in 1926 has a team won 10 straight -- and that was Richlands' 11 straight from 08-16. Graham's longest winning streak in the history of the rivalry is 5 straight, set multiple times. 

5 hours ago, CPF said:

I could be wrong -- but I'm not sure Graham returns as much on the defensive side of the ball as Richlands does. The Blues return 10 starters and have an entirely senior-laden line. 

Graham may win -- but I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Richlands defense and how good it will be this year. 

4 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I could be wrong -- but I'm not sure Graham returns as much on the defensive side of the ball as Richlands does. The Blues return 10 starters and have an entirely senior-laden line. 

Graham may win -- but I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Richlands defense and how good it will be this year. 

Graham lost Cam Allen, cant replace him. Lester is good but hes no Cam.  lost 3 starting O lineman, cant replace those. was at their scrimmage and their right tackle is to say the least not good. so we will see

On 8/19/2019 at 1:39 AM, Ryan4VT said:

Graham doeant return as many players on D.  But their D was dominant by seasons end and they are returning 8 starters.  If you count Ray- 9 that started for somebody last year.  Ray is very good on D.  

27 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham doeant return as many players on D.  But their D was dominant by seasons end and they are returning 8 starters.  If you count Ray- 9 that started for somebody last year.  Ray is very good on D.  

Returning 8 starters on D or overall?

16 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

8 on D, 7 on O. 15 total starters. Ray might as well be considered a returning starter with what he did at Mt. View. He's a stud. If you count him as a returning starters, it's 9 on D and 8 on O.

You guys will definitely be hard too beat especially if u get good play out of the QB position.

24 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

You guys will definitely be hard too beat especially if u get good play out of the QB position.

If Lester stays healthy the qb play will be outstanding.  The backup is a freshman (and a good one). But it would be a big drop off at that position.  The interior of the o-line is young and inexperienced.  Rolling the qb out may help with that.  Rolling him out away from Martin in that first matchup may be a good plan.  Running the ball  off-tackle may not be a strength against teams with steong lines.  May need to try to spread things out and run from the draw or try to get to the edge when loned up tight.  Otherwise, Graham is very solid in all other aspects.

51 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

If Lester stays healthy the qb play will be outstanding.  The backup is a freshman (and a good one). But it would be a big drop off at that position.  The interior of the o-line is young and inexperienced.  Rolling the qb out may help with that.  Rolling him out away from Martin in that first matchup may be a good plan.  Running the ball  off-tackle may not be a strength against teams with steong lines.  May need to try to spread things out and run from the draw or try to get to the edge when loned up tight.  Otherwise, Graham is very solid in all other aspects.

What side does Martin lineup on left or right?