Jamboree @ Lebanon

Leatherhead Larry

17 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

They’ve moved it to Friday instead of Thursday. GC plays Hurley at 5 & Twin Valley at 6. 

I am pretty sure you have those times flipped. I think it is Hurley vs Gate City at 6:00. Then, Hurley vs. Thomas Walker at 8:00. 

I have not seen either team play so far, whats the thoughts around these?

6 hours ago, Grapeape said:

I don’t know whether to go to Lebanon or go watch Graham play Northwood & Twin Springs. 

For the sake of all 3 programs, I really hope this is either deep sarcasm, or Graham is sending their JV squads. No offense to either Twin Springs or Northwood, but I do not see this preparing Graham for Beaver next week or TS and Northwood getting that much better by agreeing to this. I get the POV from them wanting to play tougher competition, but if I had small numbers, I would maybe find someone else or just play a benefit game against each other. 

43 minutes ago, chipinbogey said:

For the sake of all 3 programs, I really hope this is either deep sarcasm, or Graham is sending their JV squads. No offense to either Twin Springs or Northwood, but I do not see this preparing Graham for Beaver next week or TS and Northwood getting that much better by agreeing to this. I get the POV from them wanting to play tougher competition, but if I had small numbers, I would maybe find someone else or just play a benefit game against each other. 

Totally agree, who would even think about scheduling this match up.

26 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham is scrimmaging Cave Spring this week, not sure who else, I think Greenbrier East backed out. 

Thats what I have.  6:00 at Bogle Field.  Southwestdistrictva.org iso a good place to verify.  The A.D.s  update schedules on there.

1 hour ago, Blue 72 said:

Totally agree, who would even think about scheduling this match up.

He’s being sarcastic because he’s not happy that a GC team that has less wins than Hurley and Twin Valley the last 2 years would ever stoop so low as to play them. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

He’s being sarcastic because he’s not happy that a GC team that has less wins than Hurley and Twin Valley the last 2 years would ever stoop so low as to play them. 

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Dang skippy?! I love Bonanza, or should I say, "loved." I had no idea there were any of those still around. I thought all of them were gone by 1987, yet 32 years later, they still exist, or at least one does. 

Next thing you know, there will be a Robertos Pizza hiding out in Max Meadows. 

20 hours ago, chipinbogey said:

Northwood and Twin Springs play each other week 1.

Northwood scrimmages at Lebanon Friday, Lebanon @ 7 and Thomas Walker @ 9

1 hour ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Dang skippy?! I love Bonanza, or should I say, "loved." I had no idea there were any of those still around. I thought all of them were gone by 1987, yet 32 years later, they still exist, or at least one does. 

Next thing you know, there will be a Robertos Pizza hiding out in Max Meadows. 

I was always more of a Ponderosa man myself.