Tazewell @ Eastern Montgomery

Bulldog05

Harris intercept 3rd down down, Bulldog ball at 44. Jordan goes to the house.  Whistle blows play dead.  Personal fouls on both teams brings the play back. Chance Harris sprints to the edge on next play and scores from 44 yards out.  XP is good.  10-0 Dogs up.

Bullldogs force a fumble and fumble it back to East Mont.  Bulldog D sacks QB on 3rd down for 18 yard loss.  QB takes big hit. Jordan returns pint past midfield.  Personal foul on Dawgs again brings it back.  (gotta clean that up).  East Mont helmets have been jarred loose on multiple occasions. Either they dont have them strapped on tight or they are taking aome big shots.  Penalties keep backing up Dogs.  QB Nunley has had a couple of nice designed runs, looks good running.  Jones running the ball well.  A couple of gains of 10 plus.  Rife with a 20 yard reception.  End of first 10-0 Dogs.  2nd and goal on the 9 yard line.

East Mont picks up 1 first down then turns it over on downs on fake punt.  Nunley hits Rife with 30 yard pass on first down, right down the middle of the field.  Dogs stall at the 12. Wimmer hits 29 yard fg.  20-0 Dogs.  Wimmer getting good distance on kicks.  Dogs may have a solid kicking game this season.

1 hour ago, Taz_Dawg61 said:

@Real Sasquatch what’s your final thoughts on the team and the outlook on the season 

Could be the best team Tazewell has fielded in several years.  East Mont obviously wasnt the best competition, however Tazewell only played their studs, Harris and Jordan very sparingly.  They have good depth at skill positions.  The qb is decisive and makes good decisions, runs very well and had some beautiful passes that were on target. So I believe the qb play will be good.  I like the way that kid plays.  O- Line has good size and strength.  Defense looks solid, hard hitting, linebackers have a good nose for the ball.  Tackling was good (good form). Kicking game  is much improved.  They look like a good playoff caliber 2A team.  Looking at their schedule, I would say 7-3 is very possible, (barring a meltdown and they stay healthy).  and maybe a 5 or 6 seed in the playoffs with great potential to make noise in the playoffs.  V-High may be in for a long night next week.  They have a couple freshmen that are very athletic too. Also, the kids were upbeat and having fun.  Lots of comradery on the bench.  Lot of smiles on their faces from the minute they got off the bus.  Good looking team 

8 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Could be the best team Tazewell has fielded in several years.  East Mont obviously wasnt the best competition, however Tazewell only played their studs, Harris and Jordan very sparingly.  They have good depth at skill positions.  The qb is decisive and makes good decisions, runs very well and had some beautiful passes that were on target. So I believe the qb play will be good.  I like the way that kid plays.  O- Line has good size and strength.  Defense looks solid, hard hitting, linebackers have a good nose for the ball.  Tackling was good (good form). Kicking game  is much improved.  They look like a good playoff caliber 2A team.  Looking at their schedule, I would say 7-3 is very possible, (barring a meltdown and they stay healthy).  and maybe a 5 or 6 seed in the playoffs with great potential to make noise in the playoffs.  V-High may be in for a long night next week.  They have a couple freshmen that are very athletic too. Also, the kids were upbeat and having fun.  Lots of comradery on the bench.  Lot of smiles on their faces from the minute they got off the bus.  Good looking team 

That’s the key right there, have fun! When it’s fun you play better!

Speaking of the Virginia High game next Friday... the increasing possibility of the Bristol Pirates making the Appy League playoffs could cause a cluster next Friday night.  I don't think it will be too MUCH of a problem considering the Pirates have only averaged about 250 in attendance a game, but still the possibility is there.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Speaking of the Virginia High game next Friday... the increasing possibility of the Bristol Pirates making the Appy League playoffs could cause a cluster next Friday night.  I don't think it will be too MUCH of a problem considering the Pirates have only averaged about 250 in attendance a game, but still the possibility is there.

I don't know about that as they have delayed the kickoff until 8:00 before for that.

I hope that doesn't happen as I will be getting up early and heading out for vacation the following day and a late night sucks.  Last time ended up leaving Bristol about 11:30