Richlands fans- biggest hit?

Swvafan72

Football is starting and I’m just trying to get conversation started. What’s the biggest hit you have witnessed at a game? 

Mine has to be either Shane’s hit or Holmes hit on sturgill. Also can throw in about any Cody Thomas hit there was. 

2 hours ago, Swvafan72 said:

Football is starting and I’m just trying to get conversation started. What’s the biggest hit you have witnessed at a game? 

Mine has to be either Shane’s hit or Holmes hit on sturgill. Also can throw in about any Cody Thomas hit there was. 

Shane Wicks, to me it doesn't get any bigger.

4 hours ago, Swvafan72 said:

Wicks hit Isiah Goins I believe. And that would be my vote. I honestly thought that kid was dead. 

We just talking Richlands?  If so, don't know the name of the kid but the hit in the playoffs at Hidden Valley was one to be proud of.  In high school in general, there was this kid from Weir years ago.  Last name of Cooper that ended up at WVU after high school.  They would used him as a wedge buster on kickoffs and poor James Monroe got boat raced in Lindside one year and watching this kid was like watching Pete Weber bash pins.  Kid rolled a 200 game easily. 

3 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

We just talking Richlands?  If so, don't know the name of the kid but the hit in the playoffs at Hidden Valley was one to be proud of.  In high school in general, there was this kid from Weir years ago.  Last name of Cooper that ended up at WVU after high school.  They would used him as a wedge buster on kickoffs and poor James Monroe got boat raced in Lindside one year and watching this kid was like watching Pete Weber bash pins.  Kid rolled a 200 game easily. 

The hit at Hidden Valley is the Wicks hot we are talking about. 

Off topic because it's not Richlands, but the punt return at 8:25 resulted in Colin Gullion taking the most vicious navy launch tackle that I've ever seen.

And for bonus points, the "Stiff-Arm-heard-across-the-Holston" starts at 5:28 of this one:

Dude, Richlands ain't gotta be your first love to have some claim in all time big hits. Guys, the hit by Wicks was huge, but you can't leave out Richlands and big hits without the name, Johnny Knuckles. That is one of the baddest dudes pound for pound I ever watched play.