Week 0 Benefit games/scrimmage/jamborees

THS6805

17 minutes ago, THS6805 said:

Any blues-gmen fans watching richlands grundy and graham in their scrimmage. Tell us what yall think as well. 

Graham 27-0 over a much slower less athletic Cave Spring.  Graham's defense may be better than last year's. They are solid.  Rex Bradshaw and Dennis Palmer have them starting out much better than beginning of last year.  I imagine they'll adjust as they need to though as season progresses but the are tough already. It's going to be brutal for some opponents they face. Several may not make it across mid-field too many times during a game.  Offense obviously better than Cave Spring's defense but still needs some work. I think they can be formidable but it may take a two or three games to get things tightened up a bit better; hopefully, only two or three games.  Lester is fast and I think when he finds open field, he's gone.  Passing game needs accuracy though. I still say they're the team to beat in the SWD.  All of this is my opinion, others may disagree.

12 hours ago, rebel3 said:

From what I was told by someone who was there, the starters only played the first half for both teams.

For the most part that is true.  Some played into the 3rd but the vast majority of them were done at halftime for both teams.  Also it seemed the play calling for both was very vanilla.  Neither team seemed to show too much.

14 hours ago, rebel3 said:

From what I was told by someone who was there, the starters only played the first half for both teams.

Pretty impressive that PH held Abingdon to only 7 points in the first half & 17 through three. Expect big things from PH this season!

17 hours ago, FootballFan67 said:

Graham 27-0 over a much slower less athletic Cave Spring.  Graham's defense may be better than last year's. They are solid.  Rex Bradshaw and Dennis Palmer have them starting out much better than beginning of last year.  I imagine they'll adjust as they need to though as season progresses but the are tough already. It's going to be brutal for some opponents they face. Several may not make it across mid-field too many times during a game.  Offense obviously better than Cave Spring's defense but still needs some work. I think they can be formidable but it may take a two or three games to get things tightened up a bit better; hopefully, only two or three games.  Lester is fast and I think when he finds open field, he's gone.  Passing game needs accuracy though. I still say they're the team to beat in the SWD.  All of this is my opinion, others may disagree.

against cave springs its really not hard to have a good looking D! they are not good. next week should be a good test.

1 hour ago, footballfanatic said:

against cave springs its really not hard to have a good looking D! they are not good. next week should be a good test.

I gurantee Graham's defense looks better next week against Bluefield than it did last year when they played. I'm not saying Graham wins although I hope they do but I think even against Bluefield, D will put up a respectable showing.