Greeneville Loses First Game Since 2016

V-Cats

30 minutes ago, V-Cats said:

Already a gripping start to the 2019 high school football season 

https://www.wate.com/sports/powell-snaps-greenevilles-30-game-win-streak-with-19-17-win-in-season-opener/

Hard to keep that going when you lose as much as that dynasty did. 

I watched most of the game. Greeneville will be just fine in their region, they played much better in the second half. The QB play was shaky for the Devils but improved as the game went on. Greeneville has plenty of talent left ( Tennessee Commit, Marshal Commit, Furman Commit and several others with offers) but you can't replace 4 D1 signees and not have a drop off.  Powell will be a 5A  contender when they get their players back from injury. Powell has two of the top Sophomores in the 247 ranking for 2022. I just glad to see real football that counts. 

1 hour ago, SXSW said:

I watched most of the game. Greeneville will be just fine in their region, they played much better in the second half. The QB play was shaky for the Devils but improved as the game went on. Greeneville has plenty of talent left ( Tennessee Commit, Marshal Commit, Furman Commit and several others with offers) but you can't replace 4 D1 signees and not have a drop off.  Powell will be a 5A  contender when they get their players back from injury. Powell has two of the top Sophomores in the 247 ranking for 2022. I just glad to see real football that counts. 

Yeah... not hard to win that region when the only other real competition is Betsy.  Sullivan East and Sullivan Central are in that region... 

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Yeah... not hard to win that region when the only other real competition is Betsy.  Sullivan East and Sullivan Central are in that region... 

Winning that will be no problem. Interesting note on Powell they went 2-8 last year but had to forfeit 6 games because of an eligible player, the running back missed last night's game with injury, Powell has missed the playoffs the last 6 years, and that is almost impossible to do in the TSSAA. 

Went to the game last night and wound up wishing we had stayed home. We stayed in the truck until 8:00, then waited in an on & off rain until kickoff only to watch an error and penalty filled first half that was really hard to watch, and we left at the half. Did anyone ever see how many total penalty yards there were? I'm not watching Elizabethton until tonight, but I'm guessing that Greeneville will finish the regular season at 8-2. This is the least physically imposing Greeneville team I've seen in probably 12 years or so and it really makes you appreciate just how great those last two Greeneville teams were. 

57 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Went to the game last night and wound up wishing we had stayed home. We stayed in the truck until 8:00, then waited in an on & off rain until kickoff only to watch an error and penalty filled first half that was really hard to watch, and we left at the half. Did anyone ever see how many total penalty yards there were? I'm not watching Elizabethton until tonight, but I'm guessing that Greeneville will finish the regular season at 8-2. This is the least physically imposing Greeneville team I've seen in probably 12 years or so and it really makes you appreciate just how great those last two Greeneville teams were. 

I think Science Hill will give them fits because of their speed, but other then Betsy they are probably 14 points better then 7 other teams on the schedule. I am headed to DB to watch THS and DB, wanted to see Ooltewah and Crockett but I can't be there early enough to get a seat. LOL!

Science Hill didnt gove Etown to many problems with their Speed. Crockett looked pretty sloppy and couldnt protect the QB much at all. Greeneville will still be good but definitely looked like a different team after losing the Cain Ballard and that Senior Class