Possible upsets Week 1, what say you?

Gridiron60

15 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

That would probably upset some people, but don’t believe it would be a upset. V-High has won the last two games. Tazewell will be the underdog in the game.

I have to disagree with this one. VHS has won the last four against Tazewell, but this year’s Bearcat roster has been completely turned over just since two years ago, when this current core group of Dawgs were freshmen and sophomores. From last year’s VHS team, there is one starter returning on defense and 2-3 on offense.

There is a big talent and experience gap between the Dawgs and VHS this year, but it now favors Tazewell.

I would imagine Vegas would have the Dawgs as -17, even on the road.

21 hours ago, grandpaw trojan said:

Can tell you for sure Abingdon an Patrick Henry played 1st string for the 1st half an score was 7-0  Abingdon, The other scores were done by the other 42 that Abingdon has on the team.

I was at that game and you were exactly right.  PH gave Abingdon everything they wanted in the first half and could have easily been 7-6 if PH chose to kick the ball on 4th down each time they had it in the redzone instead of going for it.  Now that being said, I think it speaks more to PH having a better set of starters than most expect than it does to Abingdon being down.  Also, I don't think PH could have kept up with them in the second half due to the number of quality subs that one team has and the other does not.  Also, I think Abingdon rolls Battle on Friday and then PH does the same later in the year.

Its hard to beat a team that has the man power that Abingdon has, most teams would be glad to have the starters they have but when you have another 11 waiting that are almost as good as the starters, just hard to beat a team like that. Myself Abingdon needs to be a independent school, hope they enjoy there awards.

23 hours ago, grandpaw trojan said:

Its hard to beat a team that has the man power that Abingdon has, most teams would be glad to have the starters they have but when you have another 11 waiting that are almost as good as the starters, just hard to beat a team like that. Myself Abingdon needs to be a independent school, hope they enjoy there awards.

Independent?  Come on man... this ain't no Notre Dame we talking bout here.  Lol

2 hours ago, grandpaw trojan said:

I meant they need to go play 3a schools an see how they do, I would like to see VHS an Battle combine an see how we do.

I think they was traveling up to play Christiansburg & hidden valley Pulaski county.... would get old traveling to Roanoke alot More if only played 3A schools...they would probably have teams like they did back in the mid 80s and 90s if you combine the two probably

Abingdon would have to travel too far for Div3 District Games...

Interesting side note⬇️

I attended a few School Board meetings 5 or 6 years ago when my daughter was at Battle & Washington County was kicking around the idea of building 2 brand new High Schools & closing the 4 current ones. One in the Exit 10-13 area & one in the Exit 22-24 area. 

The Battle kids & the Western half of the Abingdon kids in one. The PH, Holston, & Eastern half of the Abingdon kids in the other. 

The idea was dropped fairly quickly. But it would've created two Div3 scholls though.