The Tazewell Bulldogs @ Va High

Bulldog05

6 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

Why would there be a game day change when it is supposed to be 84 and sunny?  Your hearing something?

There is a possibility the day may be changed due to the baseball game.  One year they just changed the starting time from 7 to 8, they're waiting on VHS to confirm which is better.

8 minutes ago, SpillBoss said:

There is a possibility the day may be changed due to the baseball game.  One year they just changed the starting time from 7 to 8, they're waiting on VHS to confirm which is better.

I would not be very happy about that one.  Already going to miss Graham next week due to vacation.  Don't like the idea of Thurs night but at least I could go.  If on Sat forget it

35 minutes ago, SpillBoss said:

I'm hearing the game will still be played on Friday at 7, it will still be at VHS or moved to Emory & Henry but it's based on the outcome of the Bristol Pirates games.

You heard correctly.  If Pirates play friday, game will be at E & H.

40 minutes ago, Long Legged Turd Cutter said:

Curious Bearcat Dad what you think of the current defensive staff?  I know Price has jumped around in various positions at different schools.  Do you think he has what it takes to be successful there?

I really like both of the co-defensive coordinators, coach Sydnor and coach Price, and the LBs coach, coach Shuler. They were all good to my son and they were big in his development, as he was a 3 time all-district, 2 time all-region, and one time all-state LB. He also played in the VHSCA all-star game at LB, and none of that would have been possible without those guys.

My kid worked every day with coach Shuler, as Price handled the d-line and Sydnor handled the secondary, but he always spoke highly of those 3.

In 2017 and 2018, VHS fielded pretty competitive teams. Most of that had to do with the defenses.

TAZEWELL VS VIRGINIA HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL INFORMATION:  
Bulldog fans, Virginia High and the Bristol Pirates both use the same sports complex. That makes for 2 scenarios for our Friday night contest against Virginia High in football. 
1.  If the Pirates finish in first place, the game will be held at Gene Malcolm Stadium in Bristol Virginia (their regular home field) at 7pm on Friday 8/30/19.

2. If the Pirates fall to 2nd place,  the game will still be Friday 8/30/19 at 7 pm. However,  we will play at Emory and Henry college in Glade Spring Virginia. 
We will have an update by Thursday morning (probably sooner) of which venue we will be playing. 
GO DOGS!
Please share and pass this info on.

2 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

TAZEWELL VS VIRGINIA HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL INFORMATION:  
Bulldog fans, Virginia High and the Bristol Pirates both use the same sports complex. That makes for 2 scenarios for our Friday night contest against Virginia High in football. 
1.  If the Pirates finish in first place, the game will be held at Gene Malcolm Stadium in Bristol Virginia (their regular home field) at 7pm on Friday 8/30/19.

2. If the Pirates fall to 2nd place,  the game will still be Friday 8/30/19 at 7 pm. However,  we will play at Emory and Henry college in Glade Spring Virginia. 
We will have an update by Thursday morning (probably sooner) of which venue we will be playing. 
GO DOGS!
Please share and pass this info on.

Thanks. I cant remember all that to type.

9 minutes ago, Bulldog05 said:

I’m pretty sure that the gate fee is set through the VHSL. I may be wrong. 

The districts set the amount for the gate.  Probably need to call THS or VHS to find out.  I would think its still $6.00.  Also starting soon, THS will be selling tickets online as an option.  Cant remember the name of the site, but same site that the Graham vs Gate City at TMS basketball tickets were purchased on a year and a half ago.  You would have to show receipt onmobile device at gate, once receipt is scanned it cant be used again, to prevent people from trying to cheat the system.  Pretty cool deal.

Since I am a Bristol Pirates season ticket holder, I can give an update.  Bristol can now finish no better than 2nd in the Appy League.  If they win tonight, they WILL finish 2nd.  If they LOSE tonight, they are out completely.  So, by approximately 9:30 tonight, I will know the definitive answer.