The Tazewell Bulldogs @ Va High

Bulldog05

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Since I am a Bristol Pirates season ticket holder, I can give an update.  Bristol can now finish no better than 2nd in the Appy League.  If they win tonight, they WILL finish 2nd.  If they LOSE tonight, they are out completely.  So, by approximately 9:30 tonight, I will know the definitive answer.  

The Appy League West standings are crazy.  5 teams in the division, and 4 are separated by .5 game.  Either 34-33 or 33-33.  

6 hours ago, Beeman5150 said:

The field is brand new at Emory. It really is beautiful. Football and Soccer teams have been practicing on it but Friday will be the first official game. 

Be good experience for kids on turf. I think help in the long run. 

Last meeting: Virginia High 37, Tazewell 30 (Aug. 24, 2018 in Bristol, Va.)

Tazewell generated some excitement among its fans last week with a 34-0 victory Eastern Montgomery in VHSL Benefit action while Virginia High struggled against Union. … VHS generated 365 total yards against the Bulldogs last season behind quarterback Jamie Lathrop and running back Aaron Rose, but the Bearcats have few veterans to lean on. Sophomore running Stevie Thomas must break big plays until his team can find a comfort zone. … With junior running back Chancellor Harris and 6-7 junior lineman Josh Herndon serving as the headliners, Tazewell is on a quest to earn its first winning record since 2008.

Prediction: Tazewell 21, Virginia High 7

16 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Last meeting: Virginia High 37, Tazewell 30 (Aug. 24, 2018 in Bristol, Va.)

Tazewell generated some excitement among its fans last week with a 34-0 victory Eastern Montgomery in VHSL Benefit action while Virginia High struggled against Union. … VHS generated 365 total yards against the Bulldogs last season behind quarterback Jamie Lathrop and running back Aaron Rose, but the Bearcats have few veterans to lean on. Sophomore running Stevie Thomas must break big plays until his team can find a comfort zone. … With junior running back Chancellor Harris and 6-7 junior lineman Josh Herndon serving as the headliners, Tazewell is on a quest to earn its first winning record since 2008.

Prediction: Tazewell 21, Virginia High 7

Typical wrong info from Bristol as the game was home for us last year

Kickoff can't get here soon enough for me!

On 8/26/2019 at 12:46 PM, Bearcat Dad said:

I’m not in the same business as your Union friends in calling kids a “joke”, but yes, this will be a very long year for the Bearcats for a few reasons. Now calling certain coaches a joke, I’m all for that!

I no longer have a horse in the race in SWVA football, other than just being a lifelong football fan. If I could change my name from Bearcat Dad, I would, as that moniker is no longer true. My kids are now collegiate athletes.

I will always be a VHS fan, but I am a realist. This board is littered with my posts from the last few years, with both positive and negative outlooks on VHS sports. I’m far from perfect on my predictions, but I am right more than I’m wrong. 

VHS will finish between 0-10 and 3-7 this year for a few reasons, which are......

1) They have a great group of assistant coaches, that are handcuffed by a head coach who is secretly an egomaniac. He says all the right “Coachspeak” to the media and whatnot, but does not practice what he preaches. 

2) The numbers are BAD again for VHS. So much so, that this year, they don’t have a JV team, because they need those bodies to dress out on Friday nights.

3) I love and cheer for those VHS boys, but the fact of the matter is, is that the Jimmies and Joes are just not there to have a successful season this year. They have a few athletes, most of which are very young and very inexperienced in Varsity football. They could potentially be pretty strong in two years.

4) This infusion of youth is in part because, in my opinion, their 3 top returning players are not there. Two because of injury, and one because of a young man’s decision to focus on baseball.

I believe that your prediction, @Counts, is very possible. There is a very big talent gap between VHS and most of the teams on their schedule this year. 

This is one of those times that I wish I had to eat a big plate full of crow. Unfortunately, for VHS fans, I hit the nail on the head.

People will learn just how good VHS could have been over the last two seasons, if not for an inept HC. He doesn’t have the talent on the roster to hide behind anymore.

0-10 is not certain this year, but definitely a possibility.

Good luck to the Dawgs this year. Those kids have been taken behind the woodshed a lot over the last two seasons. Now it’s their turn kick ass. I stand behind my original prediction of 7-3 at worst for them this year, with a home playoff game in the first round.