Beaver Graham 2019

SWVsportsNUT

16 hours ago, footballfanatic said:

he is not allowed to play in the game could have serious ramifications.

Highly doubt it even happened. The great American rival series just posted him doing a chin up challenge at school today. So I don’t think there is anything going on with his eligibility to play.

57 minutes ago, footballfanatic said:

tomorrow is the day gmen get humbled!!!!!!!! wooooooooo go #beavers!!!!!!!!!! no cam no state title!! Taz may bust that A$$ this year!!! we eatin

Let's just hope for a good game & no injuries for either team.  It's going to be an emotional night for both sides as Little Tony was special to members on both teams that have much respect for each other.   I'm not saying G-Men win but I think they will have a respectable showing against a tough Bluefield and kudos to them if they surprise a naysayer like yourself.

1 hour ago, footballfanatic said:

tomorrow is the day gmen get humbled!!!!!!!! wooooooooo go #beavers!!!!!!!!!! no cam no state title!! Taz may bust that A$$ this year!!! we eatin

How to win friends and influence people 🙄 definitely not a Dale Carnegie graduate 😂 Even if Beaver wins nobody is going to take you any more serious than they do now dude, lol.  

1 hour ago, footballfanatic said:

GMen might get beat by Beaver. They probably will. 

But I don’t think it is going to affect their ability to win state. They may repeat. If they don’t make it all the way then it will simply be because the team that beat them (like Radford) is just the better team. 

Tomorrow night's edition of the Graham/Beaver game will definitely begin with heavy hearts. The Jr's and Sr's for Graham team will be some of the last kids that were coached in little league by the late David Bailey(Chargers), the late Dustin Gray(Chargers), the late James Proffit (Lil G's), Tom Wimmer, and Kevin Meadows. I hope this group of kids realize how fortunate they were to have these coaches and their assistants in little league to help start a strong foundation for such a great sport. Tony and his staff have done a great job in continuing the learning process. 

On the other side of the state line, Tony Webster has spent years coaching and mentoring the youth. After tragically losing his son he has continued to coach. Tomorrow night he will take the same field once again on what would have been Lil Tony's senior year.  He spent countless hours with his son and so many other kids coaching the game of football.  Can't help but to have a tremendous amount of respect for his dedication.

Good luck to all of our area teams. Hopefully this will be an injury free contest and a good game. Let's get it Gmen!

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Very nice water park resort... I had to pay over $1k for a 4 night stay there, it must be awesome to live there.  😄

I try to keep a very low profile.  Stay in the room most of the time.  Im more of a night owl.  Some would say Im somewhat anti-social.

9 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I try to keep a very low profile.  Stay in the room most of the time.  Im more of a night owl.  Some would say Im somewhat anti-social.

I’ve got several photos and videos of you, they’re just all blurry and grainy.  If you would just stand still for a picture and come into the light once in a while...

6 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I’ve got several photos and videos of you, they’re just all blurry and grainy.  If you would just stand still for a picture and come into the light once in a while...

I dont like being photographed or video'd.  Long story, had to file a restraining order on somebody, dont really want to get into a lot of details.  There are folks trying to find me, not a good situation for me to be in.  But enough about me. Ive said too much.  Anyway, back to the game at hand.  Good luck to both teams!!  

Was a sloppy game by both teams. Graham needs work at D end. They couldn’t keep contain on Bluefield running outside or cover the bubble screen. Bluefield seems to be reluctant to throw the ball down the field. I thought the standout player was Davis from Bluefield. When he went out of the game they had zero offense. Was also impressed with Meadows from Graham. When Martin lined up on him he seemed to get the better of the talented senior.

17 minutes ago, Gfan said:

Was a sloppy game by both teams. Graham needs work at D end. They couldn’t keep contain on Bluefield running outside or cover the bubble screen. Bluefield seems to be reluctant to throw the ball down the field. I thought the standout player was Davis from Bluefield. When he went out of the game they had zero offense. Was also impressed with Meadows from Graham. When Martin lined up on him he seemed to get the better of the talented senior.

Bluefield had more talent on the field.  The potential for that team is through the roof.  Davis was a man among boys.  He looked like a D-1 prospect.  Graham is athletic and talented and will not face another team with the athleticism of Bluefield all season long.

Awful game.  Officials were horrendous.   So much talent. So little discipline.  I know it is first game but both teams were out of shape.  Cramping started right after halftime for both teams.  Not good tackling and just not a lot of fundamental football.  Great talent. Take nothing away from kids.  Coaching need to improve.  Very bland game.  No creativity on offense for graham.    Lester is as advertised.   But he can’t do that all season.  He will get hurt.  

Agree or disagree...would like to hear some other opinions 

On 8/31/2019 at 12:03 AM, who? said:

Awful game.  Officials were horrendous.   So much talent. So little discipline.  I know it is first game but both teams were out of shape.  Cramping started right after halftime for both teams.  Not good tackling and just not a lot of fundamental football.  Great talent. Take nothing away from kids.  Coaching need to improve.  Very bland game.  No creativity on offense for graham.    Lester is as advertised.   But he can’t do that all season.  He will get hurt.  

Agree or disagree...would like to hear some other opinions 

Agree for the most part, I think D will be fine and did a great job at times. Lester gave it 110% for sure. Discipline and sloppiness certainly an issue for both teams and yes, officiating was horrendous, the refs weren't letting Bluefield lose this game, lol. The targeting call was just a bad call. Contact was made with his shoulder, clean block.   I don't feel like the score really reflected the evenness of the game play. I thought though Bluefield has more talent, Graham held their own. If they hadn't had the turnovers, they may have pulled it out in spite of the bad calls.  I see both teams only getting better. Hard physical & emotional first game out of the gate. 

The players that stood out to me , other than Davis and Lester who put up big stats. Are Shawn Mitchell and Isaiah Justice. Mitchell , a 5’8 160 lb member of a shaky Beaver linebacking corp that gave up big yards to Giles and Pulaski, made some big time hustle plays and his fumble return TD was the difference in the game. He made some big stops while Martin and Davis were on the sideline.  Justice had a few nice blocks and a couple catches ,including a TD, These kids may not get the hype but they stepped up on a big stage

It was one of the ugliest Beaver-Graham games I've ever watched.  Not much flow from either team, poor officiating, undisciplined emotions. I lost count how many bad/poor snaps from both centers back to their QBs.

Bluefield has athletic players with speed as they usually have but this team has a lot of work to do.if they're going to play for a state championship.  The line needs to figure out who their assignments are pre-snap and block those guys consistently.

Graham has a talented team as well and they should go far the season.  Best linebackers I'll see all year!  Wishing them all the best for the rest of the season!