UNION @ LEE HIGH

UNION#ATW

I feel UNION has a lot of work to do still on offensive side of the ball...defensive side looks solid

I have not heard a lot about LEE HIGH this year?

Anybody's thoughts on the game?  Am saying 21-7 UNION

This isn't going to be the game of the week. Lee's numbers are down and on yet another new coach. I don't see them starting off the season very well.

I look for a solid defensive effort for the Bears and more fine tuning on the offense.

Just ready for a game that counts!

U 28+ Lee 0

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

Union should win easy as long as we can run the ball because passing game needs a whole lot of work

I feel very confident in our ability to run, but I think the focus will be on the passing game Friday because...well, you said it.

Difficult to tell much about Lee's new coach, but I will say the kids played hard and didn't quit. There were some things that worked for the Generals and things that didn't. It did seem they had more success in the spread rather than the bone.

Union looked really good on D. Have no comments there. The O line is still coming along. A few missed assignments. QB is looking more comfortable. Running game is solid!

The ability to go back and forth between the spread and T is definitely a plus. I just hope it doesn't lead to an identity crisis. 

Overall, a good showing for the Bears.

I was not overly impressed with the Bears they r big strong kids on the line&at runinng back which makes their backs hard to tackle they just ran over Lee's smaller kids becsuse Lee's kids r small sized on the line backs r small&slow Lee still has the same problems as last year  they cant tackle on defense&dont have enough speed even eith a new head coach we all know u cant coach speed either u have it or u dont  Bears need to work on eliminating penalties they were offsides alot&a lot of holding penalties Bears will win  a lot games but not all of them  i dont see the Bears going far in the playoffs Lee will win some games but probably still cant compete with Ridgeview or Abingdon Lee still has a long way to go unfortunately the Mountain 7 District is best when all its teams r strong contenders&winners including teams like Leebut dont everyone else sleep on Lee think there r surprises to come from Lee

3 hours ago, Igor 5150 said:

I was not overly impressed with the Bears they r big strong kids on the line&at runinng back which makes their backs hard to tackle they just ran over Lee's smaller kids becsuse Lee's kids r small sized on the line backs r small&slow Lee still has the same problems as last year  they cant tackle on defense&dont have enough speed even eith a new head coach we all know u cant coach speed either u have it or u dont  Bears need to work on eliminating penalties they were offsides alot&a lot of holding penalties Bears will win  a lot games but not all of them  i dont see the Bears going far in the playoffs Lee will win some games but probably still cant compete with Ridgeview or Abingdon Lee still has a long way to go unfortunately the Mountain 7 District is best when all its teams r strong contenders&winners including teams like Leebut dont everyone else sleep on Lee think there r surprises to come from Lee

This was by far the worst post I’ve ever read on this forum. 

And I didn’t even make it all the way through it. 

16 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I think credibility was lost as soon as the comparison was made about Union's "big" line and Lee's "small" line. Some of Union's line are barely over 200 lbs. Lee, however, was huge!

Then that's not a great sign for Union when they come to Bluefield. I hope the GMen whip Union like a drum in regular season and hopefully post season, and I hope we do the same to Richlands. Why? Not out of hate or disrespect for Union and Richlands, but I know both schools are going to clubhammer, curb stomp, and shi* kick my young GMen next year, especially going back to Big Stone Gap. That will get ugly for us.

The Bears and Blues are going to play another classic. This game is going down to the buzzer and flip a coin on it. I hope both schools stay healthy. I guess I'll say 24-23 Richlands due to the flee. That dude, if Richlands gets the ball to the Union 40, Richlands may likely just line up and let that flee bring out the clubhammer. In close, heated, similar matched rivalry games like this one, having a weapon like Levi is absolutely huge.

17 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Then that's not a great sign for Union when they come to Bluefield. 

They may be true, but, I just laugh at the fact a true freshman wore out this “commit” that Lee High has on the line and had him sucking air after the 1st series. 

2 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Then that's not a great sign for Union when they come to Bluefield. I hope the GMen whip Union like a drum in regular season and hopefully post season, and I hope we do the same to Richlands. Why? Not out of hate or disrespect for Union and Richlands, but I know both schools are going to clubhammer, curb stomp, and shi* kick my young GMen next year, especially going back to Big Stone Gap. That will get ugly for us.

The Bears and Blues are going to play another classic. This game is going down to the buzzer and flip a coin on it. I hope both schools stay healthy. I guess I'll say 24-23 Richlands due to the flee. That dude, if Richlands gets the ball to the Union 40, Richlands may likely just line up and let that flee bring out the clubhammer. In close, heated, similar matched rivalry games like this one, having a weapon like Levi is absolutely huge.

I said they were small. Never said they were weak. Haha

They are a work in progress, but once they gel...🙂