Chilhowie vs Marion

Null

I wouldn't completely write things off. Marion hasn't looked great in the preseason, but they also haven't run much of anything that I would expect them to run during regular season. They lost very little on-field talent from a team that didn't win a lot of games last year, but was very competitive in five out of their six losses. I do expect Chilhowie to win, but I feel like both teams strengths play into the other teams weaknesses, and there's potential for this be a really good game.

15 minutes ago, Plywood_King said:

I wouldn't completely write things off. Marion hasn't looked great in the preseason, but they also haven't run much of anything that I would expect them to run during regular season. They lost very little on-field talent from a team that didn't win a lot of games last year, but was very competitive in five out of their six losses. I do expect Chilhowie to win, but I feel like both teams strengths play into the other teams weaknesses, and there's potential for this be a really good game.

Many of the games in the past seemed one sided for one team or the other going into the game but ended up closer than people thought. That is the good thing about a rivalry. 

7 hours ago, SWVA FOOTBALL FAN said:

Those tweets Marion's QB Tanner Tate posted after last year's state championship game...............I'm sure Chilhowie has not forgotten.

Who cares really Chilhowie wins this game regardless of what was tweeted out 

It’s hard to say about this one.  It’s a rivalry game so it could go either way. Chilhowie lost a lot of talent, however, keep in mind most of this year’s team played the second half of 13 games last season, so they do have a lot experience. Chilhowie does have some speed and has a QB that can throw the ball. Marion, I don’t know what they have this year. I guess we will find out soon. 

1 hour ago, dynamo said:

You must be an insider!  Get your popcorn ready.  Also change your name.

Nah I'm not a insider just a realist... I hope Marion proves me wrong I don't see it happening.