Ridgeview at Burton -- Thursday

swva_havok_fan

6 hours ago, #BBN said:

Couldn't agree more Counts, once these teams get deeper in the playoffs the competition gets tougher, and its hard to line up and run it down someones throat.

Need a decent passing game to keep the defense honest, and not be able to stack the box with 9 to 10 guys and leaving a safety back by himself.

When is the last time SWVA has seen a true balanced offense with a passing game and running game?  Brad Robbins at PV?

I didn’t consider that team very balanced. If it was a big game they mostly went to the air.  The last Haysi teams were the last truly balanced teams and Colley almost always had a balanced offense. As mentioned as well a couple of Richlands teams when Jennings and Johnson were toting the rock were very balanced also. 

55 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

I’m not taking shots, but genuinely asking. Does Burton have *that* much speed? Do they have *that* much more than Ridgeview?

That’s what I’m wondering. 

1 hour ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

I’m not taking shots, but genuinely asking. Does Burton have *that* much speed? Do they have *that* much more than Ridgeview?

Well Rv has there state 4x100 relay team on the field so would be suprising if burton is actually faster

10 minutes ago, Counts said:

Well Rv has there state 4x100 relay team on the field so would be suprising if burton is actually faster

burton has great speed on the defensive side of the football. 

1 hour ago, Counts said:

Different types of speed bro. You said you watched Burton play you should know.  It should be a good game. 

13 minutes ago, Michael_389 said:

Different types of speed bro. You said you watched Burton play you should know.  It should be a good game. 

Yep just not seeing what you saw where do you think burton has a big speed advantage 

7 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Richlands when Devon was at RB. We all know the passing game is always great, but Devon made it impossible to sit back and defend the pass. 

You forgot about 2015 or 2016 Richlands with Blankenship. Thats the year they shouldve won state. Let Appo come back on them late in the game.

17 hours ago, Counts said:

2017? The score was 35-0 ....That was NOT close.

"Not saying JIB will win or that it will even be close"  I didnt say it would be close, just that it might not be as easy as some seem to think 

16 hours ago, #BBN said:

When is the last time SWVA has seen a true balanced offense with a passing game and running game?  Brad Robbins at PV?

Haysi '13 and '14. I know '13 had around 3,000 yards rushing and over 2,000 passing. '14 was probably more balanced than that

Dont know how true this is but I have a friend that told me he was over that way this morning an over heard a conversation between 2 men an they said Ridgeview lost there 2 good linemen yesterday. Anyone hear any talk about this because if its correct it could hurt them in in many ways.

34 minutes ago, grandpaw trojan said:

Dont know how true this is but I have a friend that told me he was over that way this morning an over heard a conversation between 2 men an they said Ridgeview lost there 2 good linemen yesterday. Anyone hear any talk about this because if its correct it could hurt them in in many ways.

This is true.

1 hour ago, grandpaw trojan said:

There D2 it shouldn't against John I Burton there D1.

2 hours ago, HaloSports2 said:

We throw for 200 and rush for 300 you all will see tonight.  win 49-6, i have faith in our QB line and RB and we have some good receivers

that semms a little steep just because of the shuffling around this week of the players due to the few that parted ways 

but i would have to agree that this one is over by halftime

58 minutes ago, grandpaw trojan said:

just got more info, another line an kicker left too! Something major must  be going on for players to just walk away from something they have loved an sweated over for years.

your info is incorrect

Wow if kids are just leaving the team mid game week that makes it tough for coaches to prepare if they are missing 40% of their line. I would say the run game drops off a good bit tonight 

Years ago coach JAMES BOLLING had to stick by his guns and let a player go that would have been as good as THOMAS JONES ,but he had the TEAM in mind and sent the player to the showers due to a poor attitude .This RIDGEVIEW  SITUATION MAY BE DIFFERENT but you must set standards .COACH MULLINS and the rest of the staff realize that there is a bigger picture here, so goodluck ,and the pack will be fine