Ridgeview at Burton -- Thursday

swva_havok_fan

1 hour ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Adkins will be a 2,000+ yards back this season. Maybe 2,500 - 3,000.

Shelby Valley is not in Burton's league... depending on how long they keep Adkins in the game next week, he could put up astronomical numbers against Shelby Valley.

Don't let tonight's score fool you... Burton is a dang good football team.  Buchanan is a fast scrambler... he will probably rush for 1,000 yards from the QB spot.  I will probably pick Chilhowie next week, but Burton should win out after that.

I thought the losses on the line were not a factor.  Adkins was still able to run at will.  However, I am concerned about out ability to hold on to the rock.  16 had I believe 3 fumbles tonight (all turnovers) and the team had 4 in all.  Also, I am concerned somewhat about the D.  Burton drove the ball all night long, just couldn't punch it in after the first quarter.

2 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Shelby Valley is not in Burton's league... depending on how long they keep Adkins in the game next week, he could put up astronomical numbers against Shelby Valley.

Don't let tonight's score fool you... Burton is a dang good football team.  Buchanan is a fast scrambler... he will probably rush for 1,000 yards from the QB spot.  I will probably pick Chilhowie next week, but Burton should win out after that.

I thought the losses on the line were not a factor.  Adkins was still able to run at will.  However, I am concerned about out ability to hold on to the rock.  16 had I believe 3 fumbles tonight (all turnovers) and the team had 4 in all.  Also, I am concerned somewhat about the D.  Burton drove the ball all night long, just couldn't punch it in after the first quarter.

Only defenses I see maybe could possibly contain Adkins is Union, Abingdon, Pikeville. Probably should worry about getting targeted by Wise-Central. Good thing for Ridgeview is offensively they have weapons all over the field.

I think/hope it was the inexperienced secondary players playing a we aren't sure what this team is going to do defense.    I don't think its too hyper critical of the defense.  13, when one score is a kickoff.  short field due to turnovers, some apparent personnel problems in the last few days at Norton with an us versus the world thing kind of going.   RV has to kind of expect the best of every team this year.   They did what a good team should do, not panic when someone counter-punches back but continue to punch themselves.   Curious on the players quitting or being booted, but knowing the ship that Coach Mullins runs, maybe there was some selves instead of team guys.   I'd dare say at least one or more was on special teams due to the problems there.   

Overall, I thought Ridgeview played well defensively, but going forward I see them struggling against teams that can get the quarterback out of the pocket.  While the defensive line is very big, they are also very slow.  Couple that with a young secondary and I see a balanced offense giving them trouble.  If not for a few miscues on special teams, this game is over by halftime.  I'm sure Coach Mullins and crew will address that at practice on Monday and they should look a little more crisp next week.  

Trenton ran well. Burton shot themselves in the foot to many times. Ridgeview Got to the edge when they needed it. I think All in all Burton want see a RB of this caliber the rest of the season and should finish 9-1. 

1 hour ago, Unchained said:

I think the Raiders will handle a rebuilding Warrior squad. I don't see them losing another regular season game

Haveing seen both teams in person I think Burton has more talent.I Think Burtons speed will be tough for Chilhoiee to handle I think it will be a good match up

14 hours ago, CoachT423 said:

Could anyone tell me what type of coverage RV was running  tonight???? Its got me scratching my head the secondary look lost out there and still some how only gave up 13. 

I saw some straight up man.  Then Something that resembled a zone coverage on strong side with safety taking flats cb taking deep and other corner playing man.  Seemed like backers weren’t utilized much in coverage.  Middle of field was open all night.