Week 1 updates

Tigers_07

16 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Thought appomattox was supposed to be really good???

They are. Buckingham Co returns 20 of 22 starters, has athletes all over the field, and has a new coach in his second year. Buckingham will likely be the team out of the east to represent for the state title. They were supposed to be very good and the coach they got has a history of success and took over for a guy who ran their program into the ground for 3 years.

7 minutes ago, Eersfan said:

Bluefield looks terrible and Graham not much better

I disagree, Grahsm's defense is not doing badly. I believe Beavers had one score was on a fumble by offense and at least one run back from punt. Bluefield has some speed though. 

2 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Blacksburg 24

Giles 0

Final

We got shut out but I was pleased with what I seen from the Spartans against a good 4A school. We drove the ball down the field all night but came up empty 3 times inside the redzone. We just could not contain the pass.

Agree man...the effort is there and they didn't quit unlike last year...so glad to be rid of the headaches from last year's team.

Bburg has some athletes and speed and it was just too much for the Spartans....on to CBurg next week

1 minute ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Agree man...the effort is there and they didn't quit unlike last year...so glad to be rid of the headaches from last year's team.

Bburg has some athletes and speed and it was just too much for the Spartans....on to CBurg next week

I agree the boys didn’t quit at all. They should be proud of how they competed. I really like what ive seen the last 2 weeks.