Richlands @ Union

Unionguy_2017

I say within two scores. Richlands has to have a lot of field goals to come out on top. Field goals can win games but not if the other team answers with TDs. I don't see Blues shutting down Union's offense enough to prevent them from getting those TDs. Forrest is a weapon but turnovers may kill Richlands unless they clean up offensive play. 

42 minutes ago, Suit Up said:

I find it interesting that so many assume richlands is bad instead of seeing the possibility that gate city may be a lot better than anyone expected this year.

I see that too, but I went to the Grundy/Richlands benefit game, and wasn’t impressed. Yeah, they won, but it was sloppy and look who they played. 

Regardless of the reason Richlands lost to GC, that, by no means, indicates a loss to Union. 

These teams know each other and always play their best. It will be a close, hard fought and exciting game as always.

The Bear's coaching staff, players and fans have a lot of respect for the Blues.

3 hours ago, Suit Up said:

I find it interesting that so many assume richlands is bad instead of seeing the possibility that gate city may be a lot better than anyone expected this year.

Bada Bing. Not everyone expected GC to be down or like they were. Most did, but some didn't. Richlands will beat Radford at home. 

Tie game...2 seconds left...Richlands attempts a chip shot FG for the win. The snap is bad, the holder scoops it up and is headed towards the end zone when a defender gets a hand on his ankle.The holder tries to stretch out to break the plane of the goal line, but fumbles. A Union defender scoops it up and heads the other way. A Richlands player catches up with him at midfield and as he is being tackled, he laterals it blindly back over his head and another Union player scoops it up and score. In other words, a typical Union - Richlands game.

2 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Funny the only people talking about anyone on Richlands schedule other than Union are the folks that aren’t from Richlands. 

Y’all worry about the schedule. We’ll worry about fixing us and playing Union. 

I hear you Ryan. We GC fans have been having the same thoughts for years.

Good luck going forward. 

14 hours ago, BigWinners said:

whoa now, doesn't Radford return most from a team that made the state semis? I dunno bout that. 

They do. Radford returns most of the team and will be better and probably picked by most to win their region and maybe even beat the winner of our region, but 2A football in our region is very good. Year in and year out, Graham, Union, and Richlands can do battle with em, especially playing at home. It's definitely an upset for the Blues to beat Radford, but I think Radford will be entering a mess when they come to Richlands and Richlands upsets em by 3 points. Radford is in no way, no way a sure winner coming to Richlands. Their isn't that huge level of separation between the two, and playing at Richlands, I just think the Blues are sky high and Radford will be in a mess.

4 minutes ago, Great City said:

I hear you Ryan. We GC fans have been having the same thoughts for years.

Good luck going forward. 

Good luck to y’all. That was a barnburner of a game. Felt like the matchups in the mid-to-late 2000’s. 

Jeremy is the man for y’all. That team had heart. The last few GC teams would have folded after we got that onside kick. 

Looking forward to seeing how y’all’s season plays out. I love it when the Richlands/GC games are fun. Always a friendly rivalry (much like ours with Union) that make both teams better. 

6 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Good luck to y’all. That was a barnburner of a game. Felt like the matchups in the mid-to-late 2000’s. 

Jeremy is the man for y’all. That team had heart. The last few GC teams would have folded after we got that onside kick. 

Looking forward to seeing how y’all’s season plays out. I love it when the Richlands/GC games are fun. Always a friendly rivalry (much like ours with Union) that make both teams better. 

Friendly?! FRIENDLY??!??

I hope you drink spoiled milk and never win a dollar on scratch lottery tickets. How's that for friendly?