Richlands @ Union

Unionguy_2017

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Friendly?! FRIENDLY??!??

I hope you drink spoiled milk and never win a dollar on scratch lottery tickets. How's that for friendly?

There are the rivalries like GC/Central. The. There are the Richlands/Unions lol. 

I’m glad that our fanbases seem to respect each other as the general whole. 

35 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

There are the rivalries like GC/Central. The. There are the Richlands/Unions lol. 

I’m glad that our fanbases seem to respect each other as the general whole. 

I know and I agree. The bitter blood rivalry games are only fun if you win and sometimes not even then but rivalries like UHS/RHS are always well-played and great games with no off the field drama stuff. I'm not sure there has been a more competitive rivalry that has resulted in better games in the state over the last decade then Bears/Blues. 

Even when Richlands struggles and barely makes the playoffs, they are dogfights, a la the 2017 playoff game in BSG. Mance out-schemed Turner big time there, and the more talented home team only escaped bc of Mitchell and his athletic ability.  Glad to see he caught his first TD yesterday, even tho they lost. With Richlands and VT both losing you had a rough weekend lol.  

could be worse, you could be a UT fan lololol

On 8/31/2019 at 4:07 PM, Bulldog05 said:

I see that too, but I went to the Grundy/Richlands benefit game, and wasn’t impressed. Yeah, they won, but it was sloppy and look who they played. 

I agree. But on the contrary i seen a lot of Tazewell fans and others praising Tazewell for beating an even worse team in EM. And Va high i read will go 0-10. Will see what Tazewell really has Friday. I predicted Richlands to go 5-5 before the season. But this might be the year that Tazewell gets Richlands if they dont get things together.

33 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

I agree. But on the contrary i seen a lot of Tazewell fans and others praising Tazewell for beating an even worse team in EM. And Va high i read will go 0-10. Will see what Tazewell really has Friday. I predicted Richlands to go 5-5 before the season. But this might be the year that Tazewell gets Richlands if they dont get things together.

To be honest, I don’t see tazewell winning Friday against the G-Men, I believe they’ll hold on better against them this year than last. & I’ve said it multiple times, and I’ll say it again, this is Tazewells best chance to beat Richlands since 08’. I believe the dawgs is gonna give the blues a run for their money this year. I think it’s gonna be a good game!

Tazewell very well may have the best athletes. Skill wise.  May be better at LB as well.   Richlands so far are too dependent upon Webb and Forrest to make plays.The qb is gonna play better each week.   This years game should be good . 

Richlands will be a little better down the stretch . Tazewell will have a much better record when they face each other . So they will be confident.   Richlands will have played a much tougher schedule.   If they come out of that with a couple wins they will be fine.  If not. Could be a long year.  

Richlands losing Friday night was the WORST thing that could have happened to the Bears. We will find out a lot about our young squad and their maturity Friday night. There's zero reason for me to think this game will not be what it always is when the Bears and Blues tangle-a straight out slobber knocker.

Richlands and Union is always a must see game, and it will be a dog fight.  Richlands lost to GC because they didn't put points on the board when in the red zone. Hats off to GC, but three trips inside the 10 and no points, one TD called back on a shove in the back (legit). A field goal in all three trips inside the 10 would have won the game.  Got to take advantage of the weapons you have at your disposal and Richlands didn't.  This game will be a barnburner as usually.  Hope Richlands QB realizes he has more receivers than one, and gets away from throwing into double coverage.  I'll go out on a limb and have  all Blues fan in an uproar Union by 7.

What weapons.  ?   The pass into double coverage was to the tight end who wasn’t targeted enough.  He only had 2 passes thrown his way.  Simmons was 9 of 12 on attempts to Webb so your not talking about him . Should have gotten the ball to him more but gate  city did a good job with coverage.  That left several receivers 1 v1 and they didn’t take advantage. Webb will be doubled all year and after last week probably won’t get kicked too.  Altizer being out hurts the blues. He is a good receiver. The only bad pass thrown into double coverage was to a receiver who only had 1 other pass thrown his way.  Please don’t comment on here unless you at least know a little football.  It’s pretty simple.  You have 2 playmakers and 1 is a kicker  When the season is over the stats will prove that.  Remember your coach has 199 wins.  Your not gonna get by with a comment as absurd as the one you just made.  

Just sounded like nonsense.  I’ll take the 16 for 31 from our qb in game 1. I’ll take the one he overthrew Webb on in double coverage.  It wasn’t picked off and close for going for 6. I’ll take (1) pass to our tight end at end of game. He was split out on a smaller dB. It wasn’t a good throw or attempt to try and knock it down. But saying we should have got it to our other playmakers ?   Who.  ?   Altizer was hurt and out the second half.   Who are the playmakers . That was a dumb comment.  Sounds good but it wasn’t true.  Who is a threat  for Richlands to score from anywhere on the field.  Who on the team is a playmaker enough to draw any extra attention during film session by opposing teams. ?   Richlands has  about 4 or 5 kids that all will need to contribute to go with the known commodities that they have and if that happens Richlands will be pretty good. Qb played ok for game 1. Webb played good. Whited, Phipps , and Absher played good on D.   But from where I sat the other receivers had 1v1 because of the double coverage on Webb.  Who is the playmaker that blue 72 wants to get the ball. He should have been demanding it with one on one coverage.  

Not seen either team, so its hard to say what will happen Friday night. When these two teams play it always turns out to be a really good game.  From what I have heard Union will rely on defense a lot through the year, and from my understanding their D played lights out against Lee.  Not sure that Lee can be used as a good measuring stick with it being the first game under a new coach and not a very polished offense.  Union O seemed to be pretty solid with the run game, and from what I was told Gibson at QB threw the ball well and had a deep pass that was a beautiful ball but was dropped........

I am exciting to see this game.....

Union 35 Richlands 17

Looking forward to another epic game between these two, with the loss last week im guessing Mance and Co. will have the blues ready to go

Field goal late from 62 yards wins this one because why not?

23 20 richlands 

5 hours ago, Tiger 2000 said:

What weapons.  ?   The pass into double coverage was to the tight end who wasn’t targeted enough.  He only had 2 passes thrown his way.  Simmons was 9 of 12 on attempts to Webb so your not talking about him . Should have gotten the ball to him more but gate  city did a good job with coverage.  That left several receivers 1 v1 and they didn’t take advantage. Webb will be doubled all year and after last week probably won’t get kicked too.  Altizer being out hurts the blues. He is a good receiver. The only bad pass thrown into double coverage was to a receiver who only had 1 other pass thrown his way.  Please don’t comment on here unless you at least know a little football.  It’s pretty simple.  You have 2 playmakers and 1 is a kicker  When the season is over the stats will prove that.  Remember your coach has 199 wins.  Your not gonna get by with a comment as absurd as the one you just made.  

I'll be real polite here:  First of all you don't know me well enough to call any comment of mine absurd, but if that's your opinion, I'll accept it.  Second, I've played football, and I have witnessed Richlands games for the last 49 yrs. and I wouldn't say I'm an expert by any means, but I do know more than a little about the game.  Third, the weapon that Richlands has (that most other teams don't) is the field goal kicker, and in my little knowing opinion, if you are in the red zone and try three downs to score and are unsuccessful, you put points on the board with field goals.  That's the point I was making!

Oh. Sorry. I took the comment “ Richlands has more receivers than one “ out of context.   I realize now , you were speaking of the kicker.  I guess. ?Re read your own post.  You said it , not me. Maybe mance will have the kicker play wideout.  He would definitely be better than the other playmakers you were referring too.   

17 minutes ago, Tiger 2000 said:

Oh. Sorry. I took the comment “ Richlands has more receivers than one “ out of context.   I realize now , you were speaking of the kicker.  I guess. ?Re read your own post.  You said it , not me. Maybe mance will have the kicker play wideout.  He would definitely be better than the other playmakers you were referring too.   

Let me break it down for you:  "More receivers than one", meaning he throws into double coverage instead of scanning the filed and finding the open receiver, didn't mean he threw to the same player on every play, as you thought.  I guess I didn't word it right to start with, and I know its the first game, and I'm sure the QB will improve, but in this game he threw into double coverage quite often with open receivers on the field. That's what I saw, and as usual just my old man way of thinking, and gray headed opinion.