Richlands @ Union

Unionguy_2017

I’m a die hard  blue fan. No bad calls last night . No cheating.   Not bad coaching . Got beat physically in second half for second straight week and couldnt hold a lead into the 4 th quarter last night.  Give credit to union for not giving up the big play through the air . Then after Webb went into the backfield he got  them for 40 or 50 yards in 4 plays  and they burnt a time out and put an extra man or 2 around the line . Fans are fans but the blues just got beat . They are not horrible. Just have to finish and as I’ve been saying for a month. They need another playmaker or 2 , and unions LBs .....sheesh. 

4 minutes ago, rhs82 said:

I complained about the horn but not about the loss . Union just flat out over powered us in the second half. CONGRAT.S on the win

the horn was a lot lol. I was sitting near there and while thankfully it wasn't as active after half time, it still rang your ears lol.

16 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Since you love to get the last word in,  you may have it. Think my point was proven tonight.

Quit being a baby. I said in my other post that the T was very successful after the half after being useless in the first half. 

If you wanna see Union get smacked around by any team with a great defensive gameplan and depth on their DL, have fun trying to run into 11 guys. The Union OL is not so overpowering that they can beat better teams on physicality alone. Without the threat of a pass, it's gonna be a long season. Union had one sustained TD drive last night. The other three came after turnovers and long returns. 

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Quit being a baby. I said in my other post that the T was very successful after the half after being useless in the first half. 

If you wanna see Union get smacked around by any team with a great defensive gameplan and depth on their DL, have fun trying to run into 11 guys. The Union OL is not so overpowering that they can beat better teams on physicality alone. Without the threat of a pass, it's gonna be a long season. Union had one sustained TD drive last night. The other three came after turnovers and long returns. 

Union will absolutely have to mix it up and get the passing game going to make a run no doubt. Great defense aside you still have to be able to keep the opposing defense honest,and we did not do that last night. Load the box-no reason not to. Do some slants,screens,dumps over the middle.....something

I'm a big Blue Tornado fan...and the ones making excuses for our loss is the same ones that do it ever time we loose.its only a few that does it but it makes us all as a fan base look bad....it was a good competitive game for 3 quarters...the better team one.im not saying they are a lot better than us right now but they are a lil better than us.Union has 3 or 4 running backs that are good and the Blues just can't seem to run the ball...been that way since Devon graduated...but we have always had a QB that could carry the team.we just don't have that this year...or if we do he hasn't got a chance yet...simmons is a great athlete but running the air mance offense is something you can do when you haven't played football since the 8th grade...ive seen it work at sum smaller schools but not in 2a as competitive as 2a is anymore....ya need a QB who has been running the same kinda offense thur jv up to varsity...thats just how I see it....alot will disagree....but till I see results you won't change my mind...

9 hours ago, Tiger 2000 said:

unions LBs .....sheesh. 

They are big, they are strong, they fly to the ball, and they are absolute headhunters. 

I don’t think you can disagree with what I’m saying. Even if I wasn’t a bears fan I would say they exact same thing. I give athletes credit where it’s due, regardless of who they play for (unless it’s the UT Vols) 😂

Blues fans, correct me if I’m wrong. The guy they moved to the backfield towards the end, was he the best WR the blues had? Sorry I can’t remember a name or # but you all know who I’m talking about. That seems to be your best option at RB, he had some great carries for good yaradage, and had great speed, but if he was the top WR that hurts you on the pass game. 

Good luck moving on Tornadoes, keep your heads up!

9 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

Blues fans, correct me if I’m wrong. The guy they moved to the backfield towards the end, was he the best WR the blues had? Sorry I can’t remember a name or # but you all know who I’m talking about. That seems to be your best option at RB, he had some great carries for good yaradage, and had great speed, but if he was the top WR that hurts you on the pass game. 

Good luck moving on Tornadoes, keep your heads up!

I believe you're talking about Sage Webb. 

23 hours ago, Unchained said:

Union will absolutely have to mix it up and get the passing game going to make a run no doubt. Great defense aside you still have to be able to keep the opposing defense honest,and we did not do that last night. Load the box-no reason not to. Do some slants,screens,dumps over the middle.....something

Amen. Even if you don't compete a ton of passes, just the threat of the pass opens up a defense and makes them keep a safety out of the box. I understand the QB is young and doesn't have a lot of reps, but the only way he's gonna improve is by having to make plays in a game against a live defense. With how brutal the rest of the schedule is after next week, I personally would have tried to get him some more work in first two weeks. Two attempts Friday and one was a screen. 

People see the score and the fact Union ran the ball 50 times and believe Union ran it up and down the field. Bears had one sustained long TD drive. The other three scores came off of turnovers and long returns. There is talent on the outside, if you can't attempt to utilize it, it's a waste. I never expect Union to throw it 40 times a game, but if you get behind against better teams, you have to be able to move the ball down the field quick. Union lacks the track speed they've had in the past so you've gotta create big plays somewhere. It's gonna be really tough to have four or five 10-12 play scoring drives against good teams. With Graham, Paintsville, GC, Wise, Ridgeview left, there's no automatic wins except Battle and maybe LCC. The rest will be dogfights. 

I'll start off by saying that the Appomattox vs Union playoff game in 2017 in Big Stone Gap was one of the best atmospheres I've experienced.  They level of excitement and energy was simply on a different level.  It literally was all of SWV vs Appomattox and I think there were a couple train whistles there (Giles and others).  I know our fans traveled well  (in my opinion away for the 4.5-5 hour car ride) and I thought we rivaled the noise coming from the the home side.  It was just a great experience! 

I do feel like others said that it shouldn't be used against the opposing offense.  One man with that whistle can take over a game as far as how the other team is able to play/communicate.  Now, a fan base screaming, yelling, burning up cow bells.....that's different (to me) in being it takes a collective effort to really be loud then.  

I wasn't at the Giles Appo game years ago when it was said that Giles blew it while Appo was on offense so I cant comment of that (I've heard about it though, LOL) I do know they were told up here at one point they could bring it and blow it but only when the team came out, when they scored.  I do know that they began blowing it other then those times and was told to abide by the rules or it / they would be removed. 

Good luck the the Bears and others down there.  Maybe we'll see y'all again this year. 

1 hour ago, BoBob said:

I'll start off by saying that the Appomattox vs Union playoff game in 2017 in Big Stone Gap was one of the best atmospheres I've experienced.  They level of excitement and energy was simply on a different level.  It literally was all of SWV vs Appomattox and I think there were a couple train whistles there (Giles and others).  I know our fans traveled well  (in my opinion away for the 4.5-5 hour car ride) and I thought we rivaled the noise coming from the the home side.  It was just a great experience! 

I do feel like others said that it shouldn't be used against the opposing offense.  One man with that whistle can take over a game as far as how the other team is able to play/communicate.  Now, a fan base screaming, yelling, burning up cow bells.....that's different (to me) in being it takes a collective effort to really be loud then.  

I wasn't at the Giles Appo game years ago when it was said that Giles blew it while Appo was on offense so I cant comment of that (I've heard about it though, LOL) I do know they were told up here at one point they could bring it and blow it but only when the team came out, when they scored.  I do know that they began blowing it other then those times and was told to abide by the rules or it / they would be removed. 

Good luck the the Bears and others down there.  Maybe we'll see y'all again this year. 

I'm obviously biased, but Bullitt Park is truly a special place for a HS football game. The atmosphere for a big game can't be compared to many. I don't know that we'll see you guys this year, but another year or 2 could be a possibility.