Tazewell @ Graham

Taz_Dawg61

1 hour ago, GMan said:

I guess you forgot who Graham played last week...

Nope. I didn’t forget. I stand by what I said. What/who gives Bluefield more overall offensive speed?

I know they have a mammoth O-line. I know their RB and QB are really, really good.

I admit that you have more knowledge about Bluefield than I do, and I may be wrong, but Tazewell has a ton of speed. They don’t have the size that Bluefield has, or the long tenured head coach, or the state championship pedigree.

I’m not saying Tazewell is even near the same league, overall, as Bluefield. I’m just saying that Tazewell may be the fastest offense Graham sees, with Harris, Jordan, and the new QB.

Again, this is not a talent comparison on my part. Bluefield is without a doubt, the class of our coverage area. I’m just talking about strictly speed from the starting skills. 

I don’t even mean that the speed gives Tazewell an advantage this Friday. Lord Botetourt proved against Bluefield last year, that a speed advantage doesn’t always produce a win.

1 hour ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Nope. I didn’t forget. I stand by what I said. What/who gives Bluefield more overall offensive speed?

I know they have a mammoth O-line. I know their RB and QB are really, really good.

I admit that you have more knowledge about Bluefield than I do, and I may be wrong, but Tazewell has a ton of speed. They don’t have the size that Bluefield has, or the long tenured head coach, or the state championship pedigree.

I’m not saying Tazewell is even near the same league, overall, as Bluefield. I’m just saying that Tazewell may be the fastest offense Graham sees, with Harris, Jordan, and the new QB.

Again, this is not a talent comparison on my part. Bluefield is without a doubt, the class of our coverage area. I’m just talking about strictly speed from the starting skills. 

I don’t even mean that the speed gives Tazewell an advantage this Friday. Lord Botetourt proved against Bluefield last year, that a speed advantage doesn’t always produce a win.

Johnson is likely faster than anyone on Tazewell’s team. Davis is a D1 running back who torched Graham last week. They also have House at wideout. Tazewell is fast but I don’t think they are faster than Bluefield. It’s debatable  if they have better team speed than Graham.

1 hour ago, Gfan said:

Johnson is likely faster than anyone on Tazewell’s team. Davis is a D1 running back who torched Graham last week. They also have House at wideout. Tazewell is fast but I don’t think they are faster than Bluefield. It’s debatable  if they have better team speed than Graham.

I knew about and mentioned Bluefield’s QB and RB and their massive O-line. I did not know about House.

But, like you used the word “likely”, I used “may be”. My meaning was not certain, but there’s a good chance.

Lester is probably a bit faster than anyone for Tazewell too, but not by much. I could be wrong, but I don’t believe any of these boys have the elite speed that, say, Cooke had for Graham, 2 years ago. I’m talking elite, 4.3 speed. Lester, Harris, and Jordan are all really fast. The Dawg’s new QB looked like he could fly as well.

My whole point was that Tazewell has a lot of speed on their offense. I’ve stated more than once, that even though that speed puts Tazewell back into the upper echelon of teams in Region D, Graham is still in a league of their own, overall, in the region.

My initial post that @GMan quoted, was talking about the offenses that Graham will face this season. Bluefield may very well have more team speed, but when you have everything else that program has, all aspects of the team are magnified, immeasurably. 

The kids that will be responsible for the overwhelming majority of offensive touches for Tazewell have a lot of speed. That’s all my post meant. I didn’t forget anyone, nor am I trying to slight anyone. That’s the only meaning. 

Edited by Bearcat Dad
Punctuation error

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham will have the fastest couple of players on the field.  Tazewell has good team speed that can match Grahams team speed.  Question is can Tazewells O-Line hold up good against a pretty good push from Graham.

That’s exactly why I pick Graham to win the game. The push that Graham’s defense can provide, may be too much for any offensive line in our region to handle.

If Graham can contain the speed of Tazewell from breaking to the outside then Graham should win this game. We definitely need to get Lester some help and get our running game going Friday night. This kid is a beast but he did everything but drive the bus to the stadium last Friday. I can see Tazewell keeping it close for a couple of quarters but Graham will win this game 42-20.

16 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham will have the fastest couple of players on the field.  Tazewell has good team speed that can match Grahams team speed.  Question is can Tazewells O-Line hold up good against a pretty good push from Graham.

Yes sir squatch. The game also comes down to not just speed and size, but it also comes down to who has simply the better football players for all 22 starters for both schools. This is where I think Graham is really good and will have a special year. They have a crop of incredible football players, and that was evident against that juggernaut beast they played Friday. We can go to Halifax County, Dan River, Martinsville, Greensville County, Nottoway, and many more and see teams with great athletisicm, speed, and size, but they don't have the coaching to go with it and they just don't have as many great football players (largely due to coaching.) Tazewell has great speed, size, and athletisicm, and coaching, and they have good football players, but I think Graham has more players that play at a higher level. Guys like Justice, Dales, lil Wimmer, Dalton, lil Bradshaw. These guys are incredible in addition to the obvious names like Lester, Meadows, Ray, and the two vicious linebackers.

That's why I got Graham by 20 points in a 41-21 contest and for Graham's remaining 9 games, I think Tazewell is the second closest margin behind Union. If Graham turns over and has foolish penalties and Tazewell has one or less turnovers and under 40 yds in penalties, they could best Graham. The margin or level of play between Graham and Tazewell this year is not so great that Graham wins even if Graham turns over 5 times to Tazewells 1 and Graham has 130 penalty yds to Tazewells 30-40. If this happens, Tazewell has enough talent and is good enough and has closed the margin on level of play enough that they can certainly win the football game.

9 hours ago, bgibb said:

If Graham can contain the speed of Tazewell from breaking to the outside then Graham should win this game. We definitely need to get Lester some help and get our running game going Friday night. This kid is a beast but he did everything but drive the bus to the stadium last Friday. I can see Tazewell keeping it close for a couple of quarters but Graham will win this game 42-20.

After watching Graham and Tazewell, I think Graham has a bit of an advantage overall, if they play as sloppy as they did on last friday night, they will be in a fight.  Graham is vulnerable on the edges.  Tazewell has many weapons that can hurt you and has an improved defense.  Good thing is they are mostly juniors and these kids will be back next year.  On a down note, they have 2 starters out for the season with  injuries already.  

29 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

After watching Graham and Tazewell, I think Graham has a bit of an advantage overall, if they play as sloppy as they did on last friday night, they will be in a fight.  Graham is vulnerable on the edges.  Tazewell has many weapons that can hurt you and has an improved defense.  Good thing is they are mostly juniors and these kids will be back next year.  On a down note, they have 2 starters out for the season with  injuries already.  

Hate to hear any player getting hurt. Sending positive thoughts & prayers their way. 

5 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Hate to hear any player getting hurt. Sending positive thoughts & prayers their way. 

Linebacker Hunter Infante suffered a torn acl last week.  Not sure who will take his spot against Graham, he.is a big strong kid that tackles well.  Heard Cade Myers is practicing with the team.  Im sure he would fill in nicely at linebacker.  I doubt he could play this week, if true, he wouldnt have the required practices in yet.  Injuries plagued the Bulldogs last season, hopefully no others will get hurt.

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Linebacker Hunter Infante suffered a torn acl last week.  Not sure who will take his spot against Graham, he.is a big strong kid that tackles well.  Heard Cade Myers is practicing with the team.  Im sure he would fill in nicely at linebacker.  I doubt he could play this week, if true, he wouldnt have the required practices in yet.  Injuries plagued the Bulldogs last season, hopefully no others will get hurt.

I hope Myers is back. He is one tough kid! I grew up with him. He’s a great kid all around

If you’re not able to attend tonight’s game tune in to the new Tazewell Bulldog Radio Network. Broadcast will be live at 6:20 pm.

You can listen live on the Tazewell Bulldog Radio App, which can be downloaded in the Apple App Store or on the google play store by searching “Tazewell Bulldog Radio Network.” 

If you don’t want to download the app or you are listening on a computer you can listen live on http://www.TazewellBulldogRadio.com

Or if you want to listen on Facebook the broadcast will be live (audio only) on the Tazewell Bulldog Radio Network Facebook page. Comment to let the guys know you’re listening live and you may get a shoutout on air. 

3C44B486-B8CE-4BE8-94B0-C18754181DDD.jpe

Tazewell needs to take it one play, one quarter, one game at a time. We need to evaluate each play. Look for improvements in each game. Be positive, but understand the growing process of the program as a whole.  Years of hope followed by disappointment gets people very anxious.   When the community gets negative the players feel the effects. Parents have to get on board. It’s a problem that is not fixed overnight.  I see a tremendous attitude change in the varsity program as a whole. There is excitement at practices. They have worked hard in the offseason. I feel like this team is on the verge of turning the corner. Confidence Is key in any sport and life. But I think learning to deal with adversity is key to tazewells success this season. As fans we need to get behind them, and be humble.  I feel like the playmaking ability is comparable to the best in the region.  I think if we clean up the missed tackles and lay the wood, we can give the defending state champs a heck of a fight

The 99th game between the GMen and Tazewell Bulldogs, T minus about an hour & a half! Hope to see some more from play makers on offense tonight! Lester is phenomenal and versatile but looking forward to seeing Booker, Turner, Bradshaw, etc. make some big plays too. Look forward to seeing defense go at it against Harris & company. Go GMen bring home the win. Hopefully, they've cleaned up some things from last week and have a better showing this year against Dawgs than last year. It was a win last year but wasn't exactly pretty.  

6 hours ago, EH31 said:

If you’re not able to attend tonight’s game tune in to the new Tazewell Bulldog Radio Network. Broadcast will be live at 6:20 pm.

I'd love to check out the new Bulldog Radio network but that would mean not listening to Kicks Country 106.3 (the gold standard for high school football broadcasts)

On 9/4/2019 at 4:11 PM, Bearcat Dad said:

I knew about and mentioned Bluefield’s QB and RB and their massive O-line. I did not know about House.

But, like you used the word “likely”, I used “may be”. My meaning was not certain, but there’s a good chance.

Lester is probably a bit faster than anyone for Tazewell too, but not by much. I could be wrong, but I don’t believe any of these boys have the elite speed that, say, Cooke had for Graham, 2 years ago. I’m talking elite, 4.3 speed. Lester, Harris, and Jordan are all really fast. The Dawg’s new QB looked like he could fly as well.

My whole point was that Tazewell has a lot of speed on their offense. I’ve stated more than once, that even though that speed puts Tazewell back into the upper echelon of teams in Region D, Graham is still in a league of their own, overall, in the region.

My initial post that @GMan quoted, was talking about the offenses that Graham will face this season. Bluefield may very well have more team speed, but when you have everything else that program has, all aspects of the team are magnified, immeasurably. 

The kids that will be responsible for the overwhelming majority of offensive touches for Tazewell have a lot of speed. That’s all my post meant. I didn’t forget anyone, nor am I trying to slight anyone. That’s the only meaning. 

If Tazewell is the fastest, might be an easy season for the G-Men...