Tazewell @ Graham

Taz_Dawg61

39 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Wait, LHL was right?

Not entirely.  You’re better because you have nearly full turnout (6-4 isn’t unrealistic), but you still don’t have the talent pool that’s going to seriously threaten in the postseason, which is barely the baseline that would begin to satisfy you people.  It’s my understanding that your current team is quite upperclass-laden, which begs the question: do you have the kids in the pipeline to sustain growth?  That’s what will determine Houseright’s fate.  

1 hour ago, ghs73 said:

Everyone is acting like these kids transferred to Graham on their own just to play football for the gmen. But that is not the facts. Their parents had to move to bluefield for a reason. Ic might have been for the small town atmosphere,the smaller school and better school. Or it could have been for a job. None of us know why the kids transferred I would guess unless you know them personally but the point is they are at Graham and not at tazewell or any other school and speculating on if they could or could not win without them is a mute point. They beat tazewell. The game is in the past now Graham has Giles to face and tazewell has its next team to worry about.  So lick your wounds and move on

If my comment come across as though I was knocking these kids and their families for transferring to Graham that wasn't my intent. 

2 hours ago, ghs73 said:

Everyone is acting like these kids transferred to Graham on their own just to play football for the gmen. But that is not the facts. Their parents had to move to bluefield for a reason. Ic might have been for the small town atmosphere,the smaller school and better school. Or it could have been for a job. None of us know why the kids transferred I would guess unless you know them personally but the point is they are at Graham and not at tazewell or any other school and speculating on if they could or could not win without them is a mute point. They beat tazewell. The game is in the past now Graham has Giles to face and tazewell has its next team to worry about.  So lick your wounds and move on

HAHAHAHHAHA. Pot meet kettle. Do you know how many times Richlands fans heard the same things from Graham fans? And now you’re upset? 

My how the tides have turned. 

19 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

You guys may have the only defense on the rest of their regular season schedule that can keep the team in it. Their defense is just crazy good lol

Jeez, if their defense is better than last year, it's gonna be a long night in Bluefield for the Bears.

14 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

HAHAHAHHAHA. Pot meet kettle. Do you know how many times Richlands fans heard the same things from Graham fans? And now you’re upset? 

My how the tides have turned. 

Look back in time and find one post where I have ever commented on this subject about Richland's go ahead please take your time and research it. Where in my comment did I say I was mad. I gave reasons why parents transfer their kids and that includes Richland's and other schools. Not just Graham. You just assumed a lot by my handle. But dear sir I live in Staunton Virginia. Now I pull for Graham Richland and tazewell except when the later two play Graham. But still I see lots of kids getting transferred to other schools for many reasons some for the reason to play football. My point is still to you to search and find a post where I said something about Richland's recruiting or getting transfers. I will be waiting for your appology.

43 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Jeez, if their defense is better than last year, it's gonna be a long night in Bluefield for the Bears.

It's going to be a long night in Bluefield for the Bears. The Bears will get their licks in next year. Graham is very good, very good for a 2A team on both sides of the football.

14 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

It's going to be a long night in Bluefield for the Bears. The Bears will get their licks in next year. Graham is very good, very good for a 2A team on both sides of the football.

Let's not count the wins before the last whistle blows...Graham's defense is way beyond game 3 last year & offense will get better and better as season progresses. Lester has had a great showing first two games & some definite play makers to compliment his skills at QB.

37 minutes ago, ghs73 said:

Look back in time and find one post where I have ever commented on this subject about Richland's go ahead please take your time and research it. Where in my comment did I say I was mad. I gave reasons why parents transfer their kids and that includes Richland's and other schools. Not just Graham. You just assumed a lot by my handle. But dear sir I live in Staunton Virginia. Now I pull for Graham Richland and tazewell except when the later two play Graham. But still I see lots of kids getting transferred to other schools for many reasons some for the reason to play football. My point is still to you to search and find a post where I said something about Richland's recruiting or getting transfers. I will be waiting for your appology.

Notice I said “Graham fans” and not “from ghs73.” You’ll be waiting a long time before you receive an apology from me, bud. 

6 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Notice I said “Graham fans” and not “from ghs73.” You’ll be waiting a long time before you receive an apology from me, bud. 

Then why quote my comment if not towards me you could have just made the statement without quoting me bud.

14 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

And also look at your statement you said and I quote and now you're upset. Now that is not Graham fans that is at me because you quoted my post.so hummm looks like you need to do a little bit of rereading of your post.

1 hour ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

I'm a Union fan and may be a bit biased but I don't think the game is gonna be a cake walk for graham, the Union D is legit.

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham's defense is leaps and bounds ahead of where they were at this point last year.  Personally, I think they looked better than late season last year.

That's not good for everyone else because their D was dominate when that met Union in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, ghs73 said:

And also look at your statement you said and I quote and now you're upset. Now that is not Graham fans that is at me because you quoted my post.so hummm looks like you need to do a little bit of rereading of your post.

Just pretend he’s not there!!!! 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, ghs73 said:

You’re doesn’t have to mean you specifically. It can also be used in the context of an entire fan base, which is the way it was intended. Although I do understand things don’t anyways come off crystal clear through text. You just happened to be the person that said something this time. 

1 hour ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Just pretend he’s not there!!!! 🤷‍♂️

Just mind your own business. No one asked you, Sheets. You don’t like seeing my posts? Then do something about it and hit the ignore button, please. 

4 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I think they returned like 8 starters from last year. I know they lost a player that’s playing defense in the Big 10 now, but as impactful as Cam could be on defense last year, he was even more impactful on offense. Their defense was so good later in the season, Cam didn’t have to be “The Guy” on that side of the ball.

To me, if they stay healthy, Graham’s defense may rival the defense of Appomattox in 2016, which I saw in person, by season’s end. They. Are. Nasty.

5 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

You’re doesn’t have to mean you specifically. It can also be used in the context of an entire fan base, which is the way it was intended. Although I do understand things don’t anyways come off crystal clear through text. You just happened to be the person that said something this time. 

You're is you are humm that means one one person not an entire group. Key word is you not they or they're which would mean an entire group. Would think a college man would know that.but you were addressing it to me by using my post not a group of post therefore lending the meaning to bring singular and to only men.

1 minute ago, ghs73 said:

You're is you are humm that means one one person not an entire group. Key word is you not they or they're which would mean an entire group. Would think a college man would know that.but you were addressing it to me by using my post not a group of post therefore lending the meaning to bring singular and to only men.

You can also say you’re for a group. Especially if you’re talking to a member of said group. Which you are. You are a Graham fan. If I’m talking to a member of a group, then I’m going to say you’re. It doesn’t take a “college man” to understand that. But thanks for trying to take a jab at my education. 👌🏻

4 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

You can also say you’re for a group. Especially if you’re talking to a member of said group. Which you are. You are a Graham fan. If I’m talking to a member of a group, then I’m going to say you’re. It doesn’t take a “college man” to understand that. But thanks for trying to take a jab at my education. 👌🏻

You were not talking to a group of Graham fans and you know it that is why you made the comment back to my post mind you not others posts quote now you're are upset. Again this was in response to only one post no other post.where others had said something about this subject.

16 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

In my post am a group of Graham fans or one. If is am one the the you're would be used in the singular tense hense meaning it was meant for me. If on the other hand if I am more than one fan then it is used in the plural tense then you would be right. But I am only one person so it seems likely to be used in the singular tense.

Grahams D is better.  Unions D is tough.    Grahams offense is what will be the big advantage. Union did not cross mid field in the first half vs Richlands.  They had 1 long hard nosed drive and then their D  / special teams basically  did all the rest. Richlands has more total yards than union and it wasn’t yards they picked up in garbage time.  Union has a great D.  Just don’t think they have enough O to steal one vs Graham. May be able to play them tough though.