Tazewell @ Graham

Taz_Dawg61

3 hours ago, ghs73 said:

You were not talking to a group of Graham fans and you know it that is why you made the comment back to my post mind you not others posts quote now you're are upset. Again this was in response to only one post no other post.where others had said something about this subject.

2 hours ago, ghs73 said:

In my post am a group of Graham fans or one. If is am one the the you're would be used in the singular tense hense meaning it was meant for me. If on the other hand if I am more than one fan then it is used in the plural tense then you would be right. But I am only one person so it seems likely to be used in the singular tense.

You are not allowed to tell me what I did or did not mean in my comment. I wrote it, not you. You are not inside my thoughts. I've tried to explain that it came off as directed solely at you, when it was truly you who was the first one to defend transfers as something other than football. 90% of transfers in high school when the kid plays sports is because of said sports. But when Richlands fans tried (they shouldn't have) to defend the transfers to Richlands for the 5-7 years they were present, Graham fans were the first to throw egg on our faces. I just find it funny that now a Graham fan has reversed those same sentiments to defending transfers, just as Blues fans did. It may not have been you (and it wasn't), but you just happened to be the one defending them today. 

I'm done with this now. Have a great week!

7 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

You are not allowed to tell me what I did or did not mean in my comment. I wrote it, not you. You are not inside my thoughts. I've tried to explain that it came off as directed solely at you, when it was truly you who was the first one to defend transfers as something other than football. 90% of transfers in high school when the kid plays sports is because of said sports. But when Richlands fans tried (they shouldn't have) to defend the transfers to Richlands for the 5-7 years they were present, Graham fans were the first to throw egg on our faces. I just find it funny that now a Graham fan has reversed those same sentiments to defending transfers, just as Blues fans did. It may not have been you (and it wasn't), but you just happened to be the one defending them today. 

I'm done with this now. Have a great week!

You just made my point that you were commenting to me and I asked you to look and see where I had ever said anything in the past about Richland's and transfers. I was commenting about transfers and reasons for them and you went after me which you just confirmed.i just said look and see in any of my post which are very few where I said anything about Richland and transfers.

19 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

HAHAHAHHAHA. Pot meet kettle. Do you know how many times Richlands fans heard the same things from Graham fans? And now you’re upset? 

My how the tides have turned. 

As a Graham fan we just need to call it what it is and be honest. Yes, Graham gets transfers and we have been for years now. With success usually comes transfers of players that aren't on successful teams. I don't blame the kids or parents because if you want to get noticed and play at the next level, it helps when you are on a winning team. College recruits are more inclined to watch a good player on a good team than watch a good player on a bad team. 

Richlands was the team to beat for a decade so of course they received their fair amount of transfers and took a lot of heat for it which I always found to be extremely unreasonable. 

40 minutes ago, SWVsportsNUT said:

Perfect time for this thread.  Word on the street is Graham is getting ready to get a high power transfer this coming week which could REALLY help Graham out tremendously if he is eligible to play this season?!?!

I believe you are correct and I see no reason why he wouldn't be eligible. I'm sure we'll know for certain come Friday night. 

Players transfer to better themselves. They hold back. If the school is winning it makes it easier to make the decision. Everyone hates it unless they get the 4 star kid .   It’s all good. Been happening a long time. Social media just calls teams out on it harder now.   

Just to add my 2 cents though.  Tazewell does not have the speed of graham.  I don’t route for either team.  Tazewell is improved. They are .  They are all 1 year older )But you guys lost to Lebanon last year. You have a lot of the same players.  Tazewell nor Richlands can make comparisons to graham right now.  Not until they beat them.  Or at least compete for 4 quarters with them.  

1 hour ago, SWVsportsNUT said:

Perfect time for this thread.  Word on the street is Graham is getting ready to get a high power transfer this coming week which could REALLY help Graham out tremendously if he is eligible to play this season?!?!

That's interesting news.  From where does this "high power transfer" cometh???  Is he a fallen victim coming to join the darkside or is he new blood from outside our domain???  Or both???

1 hour ago, SWVsportsNUT said:

"High power"??????? Must be someone different than what has been in the rumor mill already.

Here’s the rub with transfers-it needs to either be legal for everyone or illegal for everyone. Right now, the schools who soft recruit and are willing to play the game (pretend to move, pretend parents are separated etc) are the ones who benefit from transfers. Make transferring open to everyone and level the playing field. The same schools will likely keep winning and keep getting kids, but it will at least make things more transparent. 

If I am an opponent of Graham then I would have a definite problem with them getting a kid who has played at three area schools in 365 days with the way the current rules are written. If I am Graham, then I’m saying the kid moved because them’s the magic words

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Yes. Way.

I would say 8-2. 7-3 at worst and 9-1 at best. I think the two games in question would be Richlands and Union. There were nothing I saw Friday night, that would lead to believe that Tazewell would have a shot with or without Lester.