Tazewell @ Graham

Taz_Dawg61

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

Ok @UVAObserver maybe it is AB coming to Graham. He's the only person I know that would cause this much drama. Graham could go 9-1 without Lester and now Graham is getting a new transfer that's being kept top secret. Lol

I think if you read @Tigerman10 comments above, I don't think it's top secret. It's obvious who it supposedly is if you read the last paragraph. I don't know the kids' name without going back and looking at last year's roster but I know who is being referenced, lol. I don't blame him, he's probably not getting much if any playing time at Bluefield.  

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think if you read @Tigerman10 comments above, I don't think it's top secret. It's obvious who it supposedly is if you read the last paragraph. I don't know the kids' name without going back and looking at last year's roster but I know who is being referenced, lol. I don't blame him, he's probably not getting much if any playing time at Bluefield.  

And he is going to get more PT at Graham? If you want to play go to Pikeview or something like that.

6 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

And he is going to get more at Graham. If you want to play go to Pikeview or something like that.

I have no idea how they will use him maybe he'll come in & give Lester a break from time to time depending on the opponent. I guess we'll see if he does in fact transfer how it all shakes out. 

9 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I have no idea how they will use him maybe he'll come in & give Lester a break from time to time depending on the opponent. I guess we'll see if he does in fact transfer how it all shakes out. 

This in season transferring is a total joke and shouldn't be allowed...if indeed this kid transfers after starting season at Bluefield

1 minute ago, Hokiebird7 said:

This in season transferring is a total joke and shouldn't be allowed...if indeed this kid transfers after starting season at Bluefield

If a kid transfers from out of state and moves in the attendance zone, he  is immediately eligible to play.

6 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

If a kid transfers from out of state and moves in the attendance zone, he  is immediately eligible to play.

I know this I just think 95% of the transfers are BS....if a parent gets a job in a new place I can see that ..but a move from Bluefield to Bluefield....come on

5 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I know this I just think 95% of the transfers are BS....if a parent gets a job in a new place I can see that ..but a move from Bluefield to Bluefield....come on

I see what you are saying.  Not sure this transfer would be that beneficial to Graham, anyway.  Maybe they can fit him in and have him come in and spell Lester for a series or 2 here and there to give Lester a breather.  But Lester is and will be the best QB Graham will have.  Lining Lester up at receiver once in a while would definitely draw a lot of attention from opposing defenses and free up other receivers.  Blevins is more of a drop back passer than a scrambler.  I'm sure the coaches will put their heads together to utilize him.  I don't think Blevins has the skill sets to play another position (I may be wrong)  He may have a chance to start next season, once he learns the system,  but he will have competition from the younger Meadows next year.  

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I see what you are saying.  Not sure this transfer would be that beneficial to Graham, anyway.  Maybe they can fit him in and have him come in and spell Lester for a series or 2 here and there to give Lester a breather.  But Lester is and will be the best QB Graham will have.  Lining Lester up at receiver once in a while would definitely draw a lot of attention from opposing defenses and free up other receivers.  Blevins is more of a drop back passer than a scrambler.  I'm sure the coaches will put their heads together to utilize him.  I don't think Blevins has the skill sets to play another position (I may be wrong)  He may have a chance to start next season, once he learns the system,  but he will have competition from the younger Meadows next year.  

This is just becoming the high school version of the transfer portal...but in this case you don't have to get anyone's permission to be cleared to play

Back to the topic of Graham vs. Tazewell.  I was wondering what some of the fellow Tazewell supporters thought of the game plan against Graham.  I watched Bluefield have success against Graham by having the QB in the shotgun and getting rid of the ball very fast.  Tazewell's plays developed too slow and the QB was in trouble from the time he touched the ball.  I didn't see any adjustments and it didn't seem that Tazewell had prepared for that fast defense at all.  Bluefield, on the other hand had a game plan for Graham's aggressive Defense and got rid of the ball quickly.  Also, Davis was able to get to the edge when the defense of Graham over-pursued and break a couple of long runs.  

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Back to the topic of Graham vs. Tazewell.  I was wondering what some of the fellow Tazewell supporters thought of the game plan against Graham.  I watched Bluefield have success against Graham by having the QB in the shotgun and getting rid of the ball very fast.  Tazewell's plays developed too slow and the QB was in trouble from the time he touched the ball.  I didn't see any adjustments and it didn't seem that Tazewell had prepared for that fast defense at all.  Bluefield, on the other hand had a game plan for Graham's aggressive Defense and got rid of the ball quickly.  Also, Davis was able to get to the edge when the defense of Graham over-pursued and break a couple of long runs.  

Watching both games, Graham will played Bluefield’s receivers 10 yards off, they pressed Tazewell. I think they were afraid of Bluefield beating them deep. Johnson burned then bad the previous year. They did not seem as concerned about Tazewell’s

I know Tazewell supporters shouldn’t be upset about the transfer I’ve never heard so much smack talk about a young man.  To hear them tell it they were happy he left and to have anew.  Good teams will always be razzed and transfers are always the reasons they are good or get more players.  Move on

10 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Technically yes but Bluefield to Bluefield...yes out of state but come on

Dude, there is still a state line in between them...like going from Peterstown to Rich Creek.  And here is the thing, if his family did move to Bluefield, VA, his eligibility would be in question at BHS.  It is what it is.

13 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Tazewell rarely adjusts, especially on offense (it seems). I believe Graham felt they could press the receivers because they knew they could force the QB to throw early or run, which what happened for Tazewell so it was a good plan.  Tazewell got smacked good I would like to see how they respond Friday, hopefully last week is a memory and they move forward and be ready.  As for my opinion on transfers, nothing is going to stop it and if the schools are going to roll with it then I believe everyone else should as well.

11 hours ago, GMan said:

Dude, there is still a state line in between them...like going from Peterstown to Rich Creek.  And here is the thing, if his family did move to Bluefield, VA, his eligibility would be in question at BHS.  It is what it is.

I know where both schools are located...just think it's an easy out for kids these days...sad actually that they can come and go and still be eligible

And do these people actually "move" or just get a Va/WV address is the a question

7 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Some are legitimate: parents divorce; landlord sells the house/apartment and you have to move; foster care for less fortunate kids, etc.  Most aren’t.

That's the issue, there seems to be no follow up. If a kids parents divorce or something, he should be eligible immediately. But if it's a sham move, they should have to sit out a season. I'm not a fan of in-season transfers anyway unless the circumstances are totally legit.