Tazewell @ Graham

Taz_Dawg61

6 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

That's the issue, there seems to be no follow up. If a kids parents divorce or something, he should be eligible immediately. But if it's a sham move, they should have to sit out a season. I'm not a fan of in-season transfers anyway unless the circumstances are totally legit.

This is all I was saying from the start....agree with you 100%

2 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

None of us "adults" know the circumstances. 

Never said I did, fellow "adult". I thought it was pretty clear I was speaking in generalities but three schools in three years, I can see how that would raise eyebrows on the outside.

3 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Never said I did, fellow "adult". I thought it was pretty clear I was speaking in generalities but three schools in three years, I can see how that would raise eyebrows on the outside.

And I wasnt speaking to only you. Us includes me and is plural.  I have chimed in on the matter and I probably shouldnt.  None of my business.

2 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

And I wasnt speaking to only you. Us includes me and is plural.  I have chimed in on the matter and I probably shouldnt.  None of my business.

I just thought since you posted right after me that it was towards me. I didn't see how the sentiment applied to my post, I thought it was pretty fair. But it's cool.

5 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I just thought since you posted right after me that it was towards me. I didn't see how the sentiment applied to my post, I thought it was pretty fair. But it's cool.

No problem.  I just realized that I have 2 kids that went to 2 different schools and it had nothing to do with what the kid wanted and it had all to do with the adults involved and I need to just keep my mouth closed because I should be the last person to judge in this situation.  Your post just made me think about my own sisituatuon.  Sorry if it seemed personal, I  didnt intend it that way.

10 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

If we just make all transfers legal etc then that solves the problem.

No more speculation, fair or unfair or indifferent

6 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

No problem.  I just realized that I have 2 kids that went to 2 different schools and it had nothing to do with what the kid wanted and it had all to do with the adults involved and I need to just keep my mouth closed because I should be the last person to judge in this situation.  Your post just made me think about my own sisituatuon.  Sorry if it seemed personal, I  didnt intend it that way.

Agree with your post, nobody knows the circumstances or situation for any kid that transfers, period. The fact of the matter , as adults none of us should be bad mouthing or throwing shade any kids' direction because he transferred. If coaches go out and actively or illegally recruit. They're adults, fair game. I've found the best recruits are other players though. 

38 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

he couldn't win the job at Tazewell or bluefield how will he win it at graham??

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

This transfer has really rubbed some of y'all the wrong way! 👆👆👆👆😂😂😂😂 

I can remember when a certain Graham transfer to the blue school years ago had people wishing harm on him...

8 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I can remember when a certain Graham transfer to the blue school years ago had people wishing harm on him...

I would never wish harm on any player no matter what school he played for or transferred to; shame on any adult that does or did in the past. I hate to see any kid injured. I feel terrible for the ones only two games in this season from some of our local teams that are out for the season. 

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

I would never wish harm on any player no matter what school he played for or transferred to; shame on any adult that does or did in the past. I hate to see any kid injured. I feel terrible for the ones only two games in this season from some of our local teams that are out for the season. 

It wasn’t you. I don’t believe you were on the board at the time. But there were some that were very vocal...

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

Some are legitimate: parents divorce; landlord sells the house/apartment and you have to move; foster care for less fortunate kids, etc.  Most aren’t.

And I got blasted for saying the same thing earlier lol.

14 minutes ago, ghs73 said:

Where is ryanforvt at now lol

Boy for someone who made fun of me for being a “college man,” you sure don’t know how to do the whole grammar thing very well. 

Im right here, MP. Where I’ve always been. 

Here is a quote from you, “Everyone is acting like these kids transferred to Graham on their own just to play football for the gmen. But that is not the facts. Their parents had to move to bluefield for a reason.”

You are implying that the kids who transferred to Graham all had a reason other than sports, and they they all moved to Bluefield. There may be one or two that didn’t make the specific move for football. 

Hell, Booker moved to Richlands and then moved back when he saw the writing on the wall that Graham was going to be better than Richlands. 

Ive never held a thing against him. Same as I didn’t when Cody Fuller left for Bluefield. Do what you and your family thinks is the best move for you. 

What UVAO (who is a VERY close friend of mine in real life, btw) said backs my point up. Sure. Some do go for legitimate reasons.  But most are not. The VAST majority are not. They transfer to chase a ring. And I’m cool with that. 

So go ahead and offer your rebuttal about how I’m a “college man” and I should be smarter or whatever it is that you will say. I’ll try to make sense of it. 

5 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Boy for someone who made fun of me for being a “college man,” you sure don’t know how to do the whole grammar thing very well. 

Here is a quote from you, “Everyone is acting like these kids transferred to Graham on their own just to play football for the gmen. But that is not the facts. Their parents had to move to bluefield for a reason.”

You are implying that the kids who transferred to Graham all had a reason other than sports, and they they all moved to Bluefield. There may be one or two that didn’t make the specific move for football. 

Hell, Booker moved to Richlands and then moved back when he saw the writing on the wall that Graham was going to be better than Richlands. 

Ive never held a thing against him. Same as I didn’t when Cody Fuller left for Bluefield. Do what you and your family thinks is the best move for you. 

What UVAO (who is a VERY close friend of mine in real life, btw) said backs my point up. Sure. Some do go for legitimate reasons.  But most are not. The VAST majority are not. They transfer to chase a ring. And I’m cool with that. 

So go ahead and offer your rebuttal about how I’m a “college man” and I should be smarter or whatever it is that you will say. I’ll try to make sense of it. 

But see you jumped all over me  but left everyone else alone which shows your comment was aimed at me otherwise you would be saying something to others about their transfer comments also or is it that you just dislike me so much

Just now, ghs73 said:

But see you jumped all over me  but left everyone else alone which shows your comment was aimed at me otherwise you would be saying something to others about their transfer comments also or is it that you just dislike me so much

Oh never made fun of you for being college man just made reference to the fact that you are or were in college and you did call me bud which if I wanted to could I could say that you were making fun of me 😏

12 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I am so sorry I hurt your feeling 😢 I appologize will you please find it in your heart to forgive me and my insensitivity towards you.

41 minutes ago, ghs73 said:

Especially one in particular 

if I was the family of kids there that grew up there and worked hard to get into a position to play there and dreamed of running out on that field as a high school player  then out of the blue they bring someone else in to play said position over home grown talent they yes the parents should be upset. win or lose with what you have in your community that's what high school football is all about. would rather lose with home grown talent than ostracize my community for short term gains. that's just me 

21 minutes ago, ghs73 said:

If you noticed, I also quoted something Gridiron60 said, and then said it wasn’t aimed at him because he didn’t say what I was referencing. It was nearly a carbon copy of my intentions with you — but keep on thinkin’ otherwise. 

18 minutes ago, ghs73 said:

Oh never made fun of you for being college man just made reference to the fact that you are or were in college and you did call me bud which if I wanted to could I could say that you were making fun of me 😏

It was 100% a dig at my intelligence level and my collegiate degrees, which I don’t take too kindly. That comment is where you got on my radar. 

13 minutes ago, ghs73 said:

I am so sorry I hurt your feeling 😢 I appologize will you please find it in your heart to forgive me and my insensitivity towards you.

Hurt my feelings? No. Annoyed me when taking a stab at my intelligence? Yes. 

Also, is there really a need to have three posts at a time? 

Ill say this.  I know of a transfer that the parents did move after they decided to move to another town so their son could play for that team.  The kid still lived in the old house on his own and drove down to the new school.

Just goes to show there is no follow up and I still call BS on the transfers that are glory seekers!  Be true to the place you grew up and spent 10 or 11 years at and you are supposed to be part of a team!

20 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Ill say this.  I know of a transfer that the parents did move after they decided to move to another town so their son could play for that team.  The kid still lived in the old house on his own and drove down to the new school.

Just goes to show there is no follow up and I still call BS on the transfers that are glory seekers!  Be true to the place you grew up and spent 10 or 11 years at and you are supposed to be part of a team!

I know a transfer from a couple years ago that lived in an apartment belonging to defensive coordinator beside his own house and the parent never moved there. Basically, like your scenario, living unsupervised but courtesy of coach from school he transferred to play for, came from a completely different county & district. That to me is way more questionable to me. The sad thing is kid got injured and was out for season. I believe he eventually went back to his original school to finish out the year. We can all disagree with these scenarios but it is what it is and you can't blame kids for whatever their reason to transfer.