Ab vs gc?

who?

1 hour ago, SWVA_FootballFan said:

Coach Reed(GC) apparently rejects Coach Amburgeys(Ab) post game handshake. What’s the drama there?

Nothing new here. Typical. Could’ve called that one.  

Was a great game to watch. I’ve wondered all week how GC beat Richlands. Now I know. GC is pretty good. I was impressed with their heart and execution. They definitely had a good game plan. They will definitely win some more games this year. Abingdon won outright against a quality opponent. Lucas had a big night running the ball and Jadon Boothe was on target through the air. 

My my takeaway from tonight. Don’t sleep on GC. Abingdon will not quit. They will keep coming at you 

5 minutes ago, Falcon Mania said:

Nothing new here. Typical. Could’ve called that one.  

Was a great game to watch. I’ve wondered all week how GC beat Richlands. Now I know. GC is pretty good. I was impressed with their heart and execution. They definitely had a good game plan. They will definitely win some more games this year. Abingdon won outright against a quality opponent. Lucas had a big night running the ball and Jadon Boothe was on target through the air. 

My my takeaway from tonight. Don’t sleep on GC. Abingdon will not quit. They will keep coming at you 

Reed is a different guy. Wouldn’t shake our hand in 2017. I’m not a fan. 

Hats off to GC, they played great.  They are fast when they get to the outside.  Houseright is bringing back the heart and physical play to the team that they have been lacking.

And, another classy showing from Darren Reed.  That mentality is why he can't get players to perform for him as a coach.

Great game tonight and a great atmosphere at Legion Field.  It hasn’t sounded like that in a few years.  GC boys never quit and they played good enough to win tonight but Abingdon was just too strong at the end.  The rb for Abingdon is legit.  He’s definitely the workhorse for them and he carried them at the end.  GC didn’t execute as good as they did last week in the 2nd half but they still gave themselves a chance and after the past few seasons that’s all you can ask for right now.  Good luck to Abingdon going forward.  Your rb is a stud and you have the weapons outside to keep the defense honest.  Go make some noise in 3A.

9 hours ago, F@lcon said:

Hats off to GC, they played great.  They are fast when they get to the outside.  Houseright is bringing back the heart and physical play to the team that they have been lacking.

And, another classy showing from Darren Reed.  That mentality is why he can't get players to perform for him as a coach.

The gc kids seem to be performing for him

9 minutes ago, F@lcon said:

Don't think so.  That is all for Houseright.  

For sure...( Not  classless Reed... wandering how long it will take him to ruin that programs like the others in past...

18 minutes ago, who? said:

Abingdon wasn’t winning anything till reed got there.  I don’t see how he ruined the program.  He set the foundation that is being used now. 

If you think Colobro wasn’t responsible for about 95% of what went on at Abingdon, you could probably run a drug empire based on what you’re smoking.

34 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

If you think Colobro wasn’t responsible for about 95% of what went on at Abingdon, you could probably run a drug empire based on what you’re smoking.

Exactly right ,,if wasn't for j king & colabro on board wouldn't have happened... Guess you might ask cental what foundation they had before & after 

12 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Hob Nob is better but not by much.

May try it out this week, if I’m able to make it back down.  Where is it Located? Also my take on the Game!  The atmosphere was nothing short of awesome, had a college game feel to it, very Loud crowd!!! And I wouldn’t call those Bells Cow Bells either lord have mercy. If you was hang one of those things around a cows Neck it would drown when it went to water!!! Really hated to see either of these teams lose to be honest they played with a lot of heart.  Neither team had any quit in them at all! I really would have loved for Gate City to have won this one being the under dog and coming off the past few seasons and to see the fire that those kids are showing to prove that they are not a push over or easy win for teams anymore!!! I can remember when Gate City was a team that teams dreaded to see roll around on their schedules! They won games just on this fact in the pass. Those Kids are wearing those Uniforms for the players of the pass, present and future of Gate City and their Community! I was very much impressed Last Night and it want be my last time watching this bunch play this year for sure!!!! The nice fellow I sat near was telling me about this weeks game and I’ll try to make it back this week! Also my apologies again for taking the couples Reserved seats. Didn’t know they had reserved seating at high school level. And next time I think I’ll go ahead set near the Band!!!! Just Saying my ears are still ringing today!!! 

I can’t believe I’m coming out of retirement for this, but, it’s time to set the record straight.  Kids during Coach Reed’s tenure did not like or respect him. They loved Coach Colobro and Coach Amburgey (who was the OC during those years). 

Have you noticed how many ex-players come back now to help and tutor?  Amburgey creates that kind of atmosphere. Reed never could. All the players that I know despise him

2 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Let’s get this straight. They are performing for all the coaches, school, fans, and the name of the city on their chest. 

I'd wager 95% of HS kids aren't out there for the fans or the city lol. What teenager is that introspective and worried about history? Most just wanna win, have fun, crash into some people and go and try to go home with a pretty girl. Or pretty dude, it's 2019 and I don't judge. 

7 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

That’s the difference between Gate City and everyone else. 

He doesn’t speak for Union. Please understand that. Those kids have been raised by PV and Appy parents who were born with a football and still have that mentality to this day.  History means everything to these kids. They want to make their community proud. 

44 minutes ago, Ol Dawg said:

He doesn’t speak for Union. Please understand that. Those kids have been raised by PV and Appy parents who were born with a football and still have that mentality to this day.  History means everything to these kids. They want to make their community proud. 

Yeah some people just don’t understand. That’s why PV, Appy, and GC have (had) the championships they do. Pride and tradition means everything. 

17 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I'd wager 95% of HS kids aren't out there for the fans or the city lol. What teenager is that introspective and worried about history? Most just wanna win, have fun, crash into some people and go and try to go home with a pretty girl. Or pretty dude, it's 2019 and I don't judge. 

At Richlands they do. Go ask the nearly 100 midget league players what they want and they’ll tell you to play for Richlands when they get older. It matters here. I’m sure it matters at plenty of places with the tradition that GC has as well. 

18 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

At Richlands they do. Go ask the nearly 100 midget league players what they want and they’ll tell you to play for Richlands when they get older. It matters here. I’m sure it matters at plenty of places with the tradition that GC has as well. 

I can remember Coach Carlock so many times before kickoff in the locker room. Telling us we were playing for our school, our town, and each other and your actions represent all of them on and off the field.  So at Graham years ago, we were certainly playing for each other, but definitely playing for our town and our school.

21 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

That’s the difference between Gate City and everyone else. 

And there for a second I was actually wanting to see Gate City turn their football program around and win some games. Thanks for snapping me out of that!