Lebanon vs Central

Pioneer pride

What are your thoughts?

Optimistically I hope my pioneers can pull an upset. I think I they have the potential  to do so against someone  this season. They held a potent Honaker offense  to 14 pts. Lebanon  had a couple  opportunities  to score but mistakes hurt them. You've got to finish drives to win games. Realistically  I would give Central  the edge in this one. I hope I'm wrong in this one. I think Lebanon  still wins 4 or so, just not this one. 

Central 28 

Lebanon 14 

Keep plugging  pioneers  you will get there.  That being said I think they win in their next two games against  Grundy and Eastside. 

I think Central will be a sleeper in the Mountain 7 this year and surprise a few teams.........the talent is there and I think they cruise against Lebanon.......

If I was a head coach, Central would be a game that I would make sure my team was not over looking.......could cause some havoc for some teams and possibly make a playoff run this year.

1 hour ago, #BBN said:

I think Central will be a sleeper in the Mountain 7 this year and surprise a few teams.........the talent is there and I think they cruise against Lebanon.......

If I was a head coach, Central would be a game that I would make sure my team was not over looking.......could cause some havoc for some teams and possibly make a playoff run this year.

Is Central  really  that good ? Or was Eastside  just really bad ? I know central has speed,  but do they have size? I also know they are young. Lebanon  is also a young team that is improving  I wouldn't overlook  them. It might end up being a better  game than you think. With that being said I don't think the Pioneers  win this.  Let's see how central does later on against tougher competition. 

13 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

If Eastside stays healthy they will win several games.  Having seen both, I think Eastside would beat Lebanon. 

Did you see them in a scrimmage? I usually take those with a grain of salt to a point. We will find out, when  Eastside  comes to Lebanon  later in September. 

4 hours ago, #BBN said:

Sleeper? Maybe, but I still dont think they are in the same class as Abingdon. Abingdon's  size and depth is going to really hurt them. I think they might give either Ridgeview  or Union problems though. I still dont think they finish better  than 4th in the Mountain 7. 

On 9/3/2019 at 2:52 PM, Pioneer pride said:

Sleeper? Maybe, but I still dont think they are in the same class as Abingdon. Abingdon's  size and depth is going to really hurt them. I think they might give either Ridgeview  or Union problems though. I still dont think they finish better  than 4th in the Mountain 7. 

I agree, I am not saying they are the caliber of Abingdon or Ridgeview, but I could see them giving Union and the rest of the M7 a fit.......I may be wrong, but they definitely have improved over the last few years.

4 hours ago, #BBN said:

I agree, I am not saying they are the caliber of Abingdon or Ridgeview, but I could see them giving Union and the rest of the M7 a fit.......I may be wrong, but they definitely have improved over the last few years.

I'm not sure how good Eastside  is..they have given up almost 1000 yards in 2 weeks if you count the benefit game. I'm going to wait until I say Central truly legit or if Eastside  is just bad defensively. I know Central  is improved but I want to see how they do against stronger teams. I figure their speed will hurt lebanon but I have a feeling  Lebanon will keep it closer than people think. Lebanon's defensive  coordinator  is really good at coming up with game  plans. I also expect the lebanon offense  to be more productive  in this one. It will be interesting. 

1 hour ago, Pioneer pride said:

I'm not sure how good Eastside  is..they have given up almost 1000 yards in 2 weeks if you count the benefit game. I'm going to wait until I say Central truly legit or if Eastside  is just bad defensively. I know Central  is improved but I want to see how they do against stronger teams. I figure their speed will hurt lebanon but I have a feeling  Lebanon will keep it closer than people think. Lebanon's defensive  coordinator  is really good at coming up with game  plans. I also expect the lebanon offense  to be more productive  in this one. It will be interesting. 

Part of Eastsides issue was their defensive alignment. 7 and 8 man defensive front with 3 linebackers is not a defense you run in the middle of the field on first down. Really not many places that defense is good. No safety. If the running back breaks through the first level, he only has to make a move on one and he's gone. They have good players and they are very tough. And really they didnt have bad team speed. Very poor defensive scheme for a team with Central's speed.

31 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

Part of Eastsides issue was their defensive alignment. 7 and 8 man defensive front with 3 linebackers is not a defense you run in the middle of the field on first down. Really not many places that defense is good. No safety. If the running back breaks through the first level, he only has to make a move on one and he's gone. They have good players and they are very tough. And really they didnt have bad team speed. Very poor defensive scheme for a team with Central's speed.

i always like reading your take on things.  you sound like you would make a good head coach.  we drove over to the game because we played on friday.  I would have to agree with the above statement.  Central is fast and better, and i think they will be the better team tonight.  i don't think they can match our strength next week, but will be a tuff out for some teams this year.  us, abingdon, and union are the class of the mountain 7 and i feel like we will get abingdon at home this year but we will have to wait and see.  the only thing i worry about with us is play calling 

Central will dominate til they run into the heavyweights of their conference. Central has some of the quickest backs I have seen play at wise in some time.  As for Eastside I think scoring points won’t be a problem for them they were one of the best offenses around here last year and could be this year with the athletes they have.  but it doesn’t matter if your defense can’t stop anybody. 

1 hour ago, Beastmode said:

Central will dominate til they run into the heavyweights of their conference. Central has some of the quickest backs I have seen play at wise in some time.  As for Eastside I think scoring points won’t be a problem for them they were one of the best offenses around here last year and could be this year with the athletes they have.  but it doesn’t matter if your defense can’t stop anybody. 

One thing that hurts Eastside is losing Garrett Whited. That's half the offense.