My football week.

big ugly vol

I posted earlier in the year asking for advice on which games to go to. I decided the Thursday night game between RV and Burton. I had been to Burton before but I guess I had better seats. The visitor stands are almost under the field. We were on row 3 and couldn’t see over RV’s 5-9 DC. Moved around the field and ended up going to stand on the press box with a friend that films. So seating at Burton sucked. The popcorn was good which is always a must. Went to Sugar Hill Cidery before the game. Excellent food. Went Saturday to watch little league football at Sandlick. RV east/west, which is Haysi/Clintwood. If you love football go one Saturday and support your local little league. So much fun. This week I’m probably going to do Richlands at Union. This has become one of the best, if not the best rivalry in our area lately. Looking forward to getting to see it. What’s the best place in Big Stone to eat before the game?

Don't sleep on GW Clisso's restaurant at the Country Club, and you do not have to be a member to eat there. It's very reasonably priced and the food is outstanding. I've never had anything but a great experience there. Usually on Friday and Saturday night he has a buffet and salad bar along with menu items available. He has a line of salad dressings that are available locally that are AMAZING. If my crew was going to be in BSG, that's where I'd plan our pre-game meal would be. 

4 minutes ago, chipinbogey said:

Don't sleep on GW Clisso's restaurant at the Country Club, and you do not have to be a member to eat there. It's very reasonably priced and the food is outstanding. I've never had anything but a great experience there. Usually on Friday and Saturday night he has a buffet and salad bar along with menu items available. He has a line of salad dressings that are available locally that are AMAZING. If my crew was going to be in BSG, that's where I'd plan our pre-game meal would be. 

I bet eating there must feel great after a "chip in bogey" on the 18th?  See what I did there?  😄

42 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I bet eating there must feel great after a "chip in bogey" on the 18th?  See what I did there?  😄

I'm usually drinking my dinner if i play that well. I'm normally a buffalo chicken wrap at the turn kinda guy anyways. 

Ive not ate at Clissos yet but I have faith it would be good, 4 seasons is very good and is right in the middle of town.

Depending on how much football you want Central at Lebanon has been moved to Thursday for some reason. Not as exciting of a game as U/R but its football!

32 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Ive not ate at Clissos yet but I have faith it would be good, 4 seasons is very good and is right in the middle of town.

Depending on how much football you want Central at Lebanon has been moved to Thursday for some reason. Not as exciting of a game as U/R but its football!

It moved due to fair day for students, as well as a concert that was originally  scheduled  but got postponed. 

17 hours ago, CriticalNoise said:

If you want a seat you better be there before 5 or you’ll be standing

I went to this game two years ago, after Shelby Valley and Ridgeview played on a Thursday night, and arrived at 6:30 and was still able to get a great seat on the top row of the visiting bleachers.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I went to this game two years ago, after Shelby Valley and Ridgeview played on a Thursday night, and arrived at 6:30 and was still able to get a great seat on the top row of the visiting bleachers.

I was considering unions side, but I guess if your just there to watch football, and are not a fan of either side, I guess the visitor bleachers will work as well. 

On 9/4/2019 at 10:20 AM, chipinbogey said:

The only issue with Clisso's is the limited hours. He's an awesome chef and we love it when he feeds us at Red Onion

1 hour ago, Unchained said:

The only issue with Clisso's is the limited hours. He's an awesome chef and we love it when he feeds us at Red Onion

PREACH! It's gotten a lot better since he started but, Friday's are usually a given that he'll be open unless he has a catering function.

Im always appreciative of a Clissos catered meal at Crutchfield as well.  Crack chicken (Ranch chicken) tenders are hard to beat there.  I miss his Dante's Inferno sandwich from the time he was running Uncle Fred's.  Unfortunately I guess he didnt get to keep rights to the sandwiches when it closed.

Although I havent been much of a bleacher creature in a long time, I hated when Burton had to change out their bleachers.  They use to have great visitors bleachers.  The replacements they purchased left a lot to be desired for their opponents fans.  Also hurts the way their field and atmosphere looks.