Lee High Generals

PoorValleySally

*fa

Overall, it's been pretty down for Lee athletics for a while now, not a lot to look ahead to.  It seems like the average district finish is at the bottom for most.  Hopefully they can get some consistency with new faces, but so far that's a struggle too.

On 9/7/2019 at 10:52 AM, Beamerball said:

*fa

Overall, it's been pretty down for Lee athletics for a while now, not a lot to look ahead to.  It seems like the average district finish is at the bottom for most.  Hopefully they can get some consistency with new faces, but so far that's a struggle too.

I agree. It's a struggle haha.

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

Seems to be some positive vibe around.  Here's to hoping for a good season from a Lee team.  It's tiring hearing the same stuff about politics and how no one desires to come here.  We're not unlike any other county around here, we have people who are working hard, students who are working hard, and athletes who tough it out staying loyal putting in the same hard work.  We have our good and our bad just like everyone else. Deserve some good just as anyone.  Success can and has been found here.  We have some who are trying to make a difference and change some things in the county.  The more willing and able to make a difference in their own areas, the better for us all.

https://twitter.com/GeneralsLh

On 11/15/2019 at 11:53 PM, Beamerball said:

Seems to be some positive vibe around.  Here's to hoping for a good season from a Lee team.  It's tiring hearing the same stuff about politics and how no one desires to come here.  We're not unlike any other county around here, we have people who are working hard, students who are working hard, and athletes who tough it out staying loyal putting in the same hard work.  We have our good and our bad just like everyone else. Deserve some good just as anyone.  Success can and has been found here.  We have some who are trying to make a difference and change some things in the county.  The more willing and able to make a difference in their own areas, the better for us all.

https://twitter.com/GeneralsLh

Lee High has gotten their reputation honestly since it's start!  Who in their right mind that is any good at to their game would want to coach at Lee?  With the average life span of two years as a football coach  and not much more in any sport except maybe baseball (whose coaches can't win any games either but somehow keeps his job, they do not seem to care) the only ones that will take the job are losers or new hopefuls.  How many athletes attend other schools to get away from that stigma?  Politics?  You got rid of a coach that took the football team to the playoffs two years in a row for one that destroyed the program in three years because of his connections to board members.  Don't get on here and defend the garbage!  Lee High gets the negativity it deserves!  If I lived in Lee County I would leave too!

21 hours ago, Old Round Ball said:

Lee High has gotten their reputation honestly since it's start!  Who in their right mind that is any good at to their game would want to coach at Lee?  With the average life span of two years as a football coach  and not much more in any sport except maybe baseball (whose coaches can't win any games either but somehow keeps his job, they do not seem to care) the only ones that will take the job are losers or new hopefuls.  How many athletes attend other schools to get away from that stigma?  Politics?  You got rid of a coach that took the football team to the playoffs two years in a row for one that destroyed the program in three years because of his connections to board members.  Don't get on here and defend the garbage!  Lee High gets the negativity it deserves!  If I lived in Lee County I would leave too!

lol..well done.....

They will never compete until they get a coach in that can get the kids out to play, and buy into his system. That will never happen because the board members and politics in Lee, they will only hire a yes man that they can control. Until they give a coach 100% control over the program, hiring the assistants he wants, and just leave them alone and let them run the program they way they want, then the Lee High football program will be non existent in the next 5 years. Having only 30 kids 8-12 grade and having to play a jv schedule with all 8th graders is sad. Need to hire the best candidate whether they are a teacher or not and let them run the program. A head football coaches job is to win games and mold young men. But, they will hire whoever can juggle the most responsibilities at once like teaching, coaching, driving the bus etc to eliminate hiring other postions. The simple fact is the higher ups in Lee County don't care about winning games or sports, and some of them will tell you that.  

Basketball has been the same as well, Jaime Carter was the last good coach Lee had in basketball made playoffs every year except his first I think. He left on his own because of the same reasons I mentioned above

22 hours ago, sir said:

They will never compete until they get a coach in that can get the kids out to play, and buy into his system. That will never happen because the board members and politics in Lee, they will only hire a yes man that they can control. Until they give a coach 100% control over the program, hiring the assistants he wants, and just leave them alone and let them run the program they way they want, then the Lee High football program will be non existent in the next 5 years. Having only 30 kids 8-12 grade and having to play a jv schdule with all 8th graders is sad. Need to hire the best candidate whether they are a teacher or not and let them run the program. A head football coaches job is to win games and mold young men. But, they will hire whoever can juggle the most responsibilities at once like teaching, coaching, driving the bus etc to eliminate hiring other postions. The simple fact is the higher ups in Lee County don't care about winning games or sports, and some of them will tell you that.  

22 hours ago, sir said:

Basketball has been the same as well, Jaime Carter was the last good coach Lee had in basketball made playoffs every year except his first I think. He left on his own because of the same reasons I mentioned above

Carter has been one of the coaches at Lee.  His daughter had a pretty good career at Rye Cove, another kid that could have stared at Lee.  You could probably field a team in any sport from the kids that could/should have played at Lee and beat what they have had.

With the success that Thomas Walker has had the last several years I am surprised that have not razzed the coaching ranks down there.  No they have not won any state championships but the programs have been in the playoffs translates to more games there kids get to play in. 

Any idea how the parents feel about the kids getting beat like that do?  I know that the football team went 0for how about the other fall sports this year?  How about the gate/attendance for games?  I know the last time I was down there for game it was fairly packed.

• 1 month later...

The way the Generals seem to be playing now in basketball if they run this coach out of town they deserve every bit of crap they deserve and have no excuse for it.  Seriously if they run this guy out of town.they aren’t for the kids.  Anyone with common sense would rightfully call BS 100 times over and it would be true. We are about to see if the county is ALL IN for Lee High or if it’s just a bunch of old dumb farts who can’t get over if the grand metropolis of Pennington or the metroplex of Jonesville is better.  Lee County is a beautiful county with unlimited potential for jobs.  They just have way too many people holding back that potential. In sports and in jobs. 

Lee High has had some basketball talent for several years, just not able to put it all together for whatever reasons, but then again the league has been pretty competitive from top to bottom with a fine line between finishing 2nd or 3rd versus finishing 5th or 6th. Should be an interesting game as Central visits the red hot Generals this Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Hate to dig up a dead horse but looks like the more things change the more they stay the same.  Seems Lee has returned to their old selves.  Has this coach ran out of magic in his mini wand or what?  The killer of the midway has lost his stream. 

8 hours ago, Old Round Ball said:

Hate to dig up a dead horse but looks like the more things change the more they stay the same.  Seems Lee has returned to their old selves.  Has this coach ran out of magic in his mini wand or what?  The killer of the midway has lost his stream. 

The Mountain 7 is just a difficult district this year man.  With the exception of Gate City at the top and John Battle at the bottom, 2-6 could beat any of each other on a given night.