Week 2 score updates

Pioneer pride

Was 

15 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

Most points by a Central team. Previous record was 56 in 2015 vs Lee.

Was that Lee game played at the college?  May be thinking of wrong game.  Figured that was close to a record

41 minutes ago, Unchained said:

It was at UVA-Wise and was a track meet

No it actually wasnt the track meet game. That game was 51-50 in 2011 when Central first opened. That's when Tyler Graham had 400 plus rushing yards.

The record was in 2015 vs Lee and the final was 56-35. I guess technically that's a track meet, but it's not the one everyone thinks about lol.

2 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

No it actually wasnt the track meet game. That game was 51-50 in 2011 when Central first opened. That's when Tyler Graham had 400 plus rushing yards.

The record was in 2015 vs Lee and the final was 56-35. I guess technically that's a track meet, but it's not the one everyone thinks about lol.

One could call them both track meets:)

Running twenty bubble screens with the occasional read option.  Does not work against Central’s team speed. Will be interesting to see the speed against Ridgeview physical play next week.

3 hours ago, Bulldog05 said:

I’m not being a butt hole by no mean but Lebanon will do 4-6 at best, 2-8 at worst. 

Not taking it that way, everyone  has an opinion. Their schedule is a lot easier this year, and from the looks of it they have a chance to win their remaining  games minus Graham, Richlands, and Tazwell. They are young  and will improve  each week. They will struggle against a lot of speed. I don't think they will be so easy to beat next season, or in the next couple  years. They have 19 freshman on the roster. 

10 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I just meant the entire system not just talking about 2D....2-8 teams making playoffs is a joke...some regions every team makes playoffs because not enough teams....even worse

I’d like to see the playoffs restricted back to 4 teams since district champs are no longer guaranteed automatic spots, which was the problem in the first place.  Those 8 teams I listed will be 5-5 or better, so at least there will be some merit to it.

33 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Castlewood is a definite win in my opinion.

Maybe's are Virginia High, Marion and Eastside, but I'm leaning doubtful on all three of those based on what I saw last night.

We also  play Grundy next Friday which could be a win. From what I've seen of Va High I'd lean more towards  a win, they were really bad, but we will see. Central will put up as much as they want against them too. 

6 minutes ago, Pioneer pride said:

We also  play Grundy next Friday which could be a win. From what I've seen of Va High I'd lean more towards  a win, they were really bad, but we will see. Central will put up as much as they want against them too. 

Lebanon will beat Eastside and Grundy. VA high, Marion are even. IMO!

Just from what I seen on the News Highlights from last night both teams seem to be small on the line,  How do you feel they will be able to do against a team that will be bigger up front and a more physical type team?

2 minutes ago, Sam I Am said:

Just from what I seen on the News Highlights from last night both teams seem to be small on the line,  How do you feel they will be able to do against a team that will be bigger up front and a more physical type team?

I think Central  will struggle with physicality but they might give teams fits with their speed. 

6 minutes ago, Sam I Am said:

They are very small on the line. That's why they are running wing t. They will have to play smart defense and limit turnovers and throw the ball effectively. 

Just now, jonah58 said:

They are very small on the line. That's why they are running wing t. They will have to play smart defense and limit turnovers and throw the ball effectively. 

I thought they where even the Pioneers looked small, but it is TV and that can make things look differently as well.  When will the Warriors have their first true test of the season ?  might be interested in watching !!!!

6 minutes ago, Sam I Am said:

I thought they where even the Pioneers looked small, but it is TV and that can make things look differently as well.  When will the Warriors have their first true test of the season ?  might be interested in watching !!!!

One week from today...Ridgeview.