Tazewell VS. Mt. View

Bulldog05

2 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Let’s wait and see how the team leader is doing before we say how we bounce back big time!

Hope Mr. Harris is good to go.  I still think Tazewell wins this one by 3 or 4 scores with or without him.  Mike Jones is a quality backup.  Hopefully the kids will not be down after this tough loss.  Tazewell still has a good team, they will win their fair share of games this year, if they keep their heads up.  Tazewell has already lost 2 starters for the season, they can't afford to lose more.  The injury bug hit them hard last season also.  Jordan needs to touch the ball more also, I believe.  He wasn't targeted much last night.  Then again, the qb had zero time to get rid of the ball most of the time.

Graham is the real deal this season.  Last year, Tazewell had a lot of success moving the ball against them, not so much this year and I believe Tazewell is stronger offensively this year as well.  

After seeing the dawgs in action last night I can say that this is the best team they have had in awhile, Graham just had more athletes on the field and executed almost to perfection. 

If there is such a thing as a good loss, I believe last night was a good one for Tazewell. They now know where the need to be in order to compete in the district and against teams with more talent than VA High. 

This game against Mt View could be a make or break game. If the dawgs win this game I believe it will do wonders for them with confidence in the rest of the season, but if they lose the season could turn into a long one. 

With that being said, Tazewell wins by at least two touchdown. Good luck the rest of the way Dawgs!

For 2019, Graham has better football players than Tazewell. It's not all about the athletes, who's faster at this position or that. That stuff matters to, but Tazewell actually is very fast and very athletic. Graham has better players. Dale's, Blevins, Wimmer, Booker. Those guys aren't great athletes, but they are awesome football players.

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Hope Mr. Harris is good to go.  I still think Tazewell wins this one by 3 or 4 scores with or without him.  Mike Jones is a quality backup.  Hopefully the kids will not be down after this tough loss.  Tazewell still has a good team, they will win their fair share of games this year, if they keep their heads up.  Tazewell has already lost 2 starters for the season, they can't afford to lose more.  The injury bug hit them hard last season also.  Jordan needs to touch the ball more also, I believe.  He wasn't targeted much last night.  Then again, the qb had zero time to get rid of the ball most of the time.

Graham is the real deal this season.  Last year, Tazewell had a lot of success moving the ball against them, not so much this year and I believe Tazewell is stronger offensively this year as well.  

I know there’s other good players on that team, but Chance is one of those guys on a team that other players count on and vibe off of... 

Tazewell did have around 200 yards on the ground last night. Which is a bright spot but they were not ready to play. Especially on defense. Their defensive backs were supposed to be their strong point but they missed assignments all night. Mount View has enough speed to give Tazewell problems  but their defense is pretty bad too. Tazewell has a pretty weak schedule the rest of the way other than Beaver and Richlands . Barring any injuries, 7-3 is doable. And considering that Marion, Va High, and Lebanon might finish 2-8,1-9 and 0-10, they’re a lock for 3rd place in a pitiful SWD

Hoping the Dogs can bounce back this week. I thought they looked uptight Friday night until after they got behind a few scores. They seemed to loosen up since they had nothing to lose at that point and started to play better but Graham was just the better team. 

On 9/7/2019 at 2:10 PM, Eersfan said:

Tazewell did have around 200 yards on the ground last night. Which is a bright spot but they were not ready to play. Especially on defense. Their defensive backs were supposed to be their strong point but they missed assignments all night. Mount View has enough speed to give Tazewell problems  but their defense is pretty bad too. Tazewell has a pretty weak schedule the rest of the way other than Beaver and Richlands . Barring any injuries, 7-3 is doable. And considering that Marion, Va High, and Lebanon might finish 2-8,1-9 and 0-10, they’re a lock for 3rd place in a pitiful SWD

Lebanon will finish  better  than 2-8 I guarantee  it. 

On 9/8/2019 at 5:31 PM, Pioneer pride said:

Lebanon will finish  better  than 2-8 I guarantee  it. 

Grundy, Eastside and Marion are the most likely, VA High is within reach. 

When I saw Lebanon play I thought "they may win a few games, theyre not bad" but then I looked at their schedule.  Imo they would be lucky to go 2-2 out of those 4 teams that I listed

After last Friday's thrashing I'm not sure Tazewell is even close to being in the same auditorium as the better programs much less the same stage. This comment may not age well but appeared to be the same Tazewell from last year. Actually they give Graham a much better game last year. Hopefully they can get back on track this week.

3 hours ago, redtiger said:

Grundy, Eastside and Marion are the most likely, VA High is within reach. 

When I saw Lebanon play I thought "they may win a few games, theyre not bad" but then I looked at their schedule.  Imo they would be lucky to go 2-2 out of those 4 teams that I listed

You forgot Castlewood,  that should be another win. 

I've watched Virginia  High twice they are bad this year.  

5 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

This comment may not age well but appeared to be the same Tazewell from last year. Actually they give Graham a much better game last year. Hopefully they can get back on track this week.

I'm not sure I agree entirely. The main reason they seemed to give Graham a better game last year is due to the fact Graham is way ahead defensively at this point than they were last year at the same time IMO. Last year, Graham was undisciplined, making tons of mistakes, etc.  Dawgs weren't prepared for the Graham team they faced last Friday. I hope they pull it all together and get some more Ws under their belt. I think they can still contend for 2nd in SWD. 

44 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Castlewood is within reach, but the Blue Devils will be the favorites against the Pioneers 

Castlewood  hasn't beaten a lebanon team (even the bad ones in over 30 years) What Castlewood  did to Honaker was the result of Honaker  not having their starting QB and to be totally honest it was a fluke. They could play 10 times and Honaker  would win 8 or 9. 

Castlewood  will be favored against Lebanon when they prove they can beat them, which like I said hasn't happened in a long time. 

I don't care If Lebanon lost to Honaker and Castlewood  beat them...football is about matchups. Castlewood  might match up well against Honaker  and then struggle against Lebanon. I would argue  that Lebanon might beat Honaker  if they played again, the first game was close and lebanon had their opportunities  to score on 2 or 3 occasions  and didn't.