Chilhowie vs Narz

Old Soul

Neutral fan here since Bland folded but watched Green Waves play Northwood and watched sloppy offense make many mistakes! Don’t think the Waves can do that vs Chill. On the other hand, saw a very impressive defense only allow 6 yards of total offense ( per Roanoke Times )! That defense is very good. Narz could have and should have won 70 to 0. Two pick 6 called back and 3 Wave fumbles. What are thoughts of upcoming game? More anxious for this one than the Bastian tractor pull! And a $400 50/50 pot in Narz last night!? Oh yeah, 1st of the month! Hahaha! That’s a joke snowflakes!

The offense looked much sharper when the action didnt count.  The kids are there and I also think its a little bit of key players in key roles doing things they weren't doing a lot of the couple of years and getting settled into that and also the coaching getting their feel of what they got.  Nothing that wont improve or can't be addressed with reps.  Pretty sure the 6 yards allowed tied the school record (1990 at home vs Giles for the curious).  But, Auburn and Northwood are a completely different level from Chilhowie.  They're going to have to come out and play their A+ game if they want to beat Chilhowie.

Don't know much about chilhowie

Don't care anything about Narz

But do find it funny that now narz has started winning games(against nobodies for the curious) the coaching staff now understands the players they have and aren't clueless like so many wave fans said in year's past....not meaning you swva not but narz fans in general

29 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

But do find it funny that now narz has started winning games(against nobodies for the curious) the coaching staff now understands the players they have and aren't clueless like so many wave fans said in year's past....not meaning you swva not but narz fans in general

Guess your a Giles “let’s consolidate now fan!? Lol.... Spartans have a down year and you like to kick dirt on your little brother cause he is doing good. I know some of those Wave fans and if you were right, then why is it the same coaching staff for years? Just wondering 

2 minutes ago, Old Soul said:

Guess your a Giles “let’s consolidate now fan!? Lol.... Spartans have a down year and you like to kick dirt on your little brother cause he is doing good. I know some of those Wave fans and if you were right, then why is it the same coaching staff for years? Just wondering 

How often are HS coaches fired for bad seasons? Not many at this level

And FYI I am a Giles fan that said they should consolidate 25 year's ago....but little beothwr as you call them ....didn't want any part of it....ask that end of the county why we aren't together since you have buddies there and let us know what they say

Time to point out the obvious. Chilhowie is one of the best coached teams in SWVA. I thought for a year or two it may just be a talent high and all would be back to normal after the end of last year with Chilhowie and the losses of seniors and talent to graduation. It's now fairly clear the program might be on autopilot. Autopilot means you can lose a bunch of seniors and talent, but your coach is way ahead of the majority of his peers that the program is still a solid 9-1 type program the following year. I think that's where we are at with Chilhowie. The Head Coach is elite and far ahead of the overwhelming majority of his peers at his level of play in 1A. Kudos to the Coaching Staff at Chilhowie High. 

1 minute ago, Hokiebird7 said:

How often are HS coaches fired for bad seasons? Not many at this level

And FYI I am a Giles fan that said they should consolidate 25 year's ago....but little beothwr as you call them ....didn't want any part of it....ask that end of the county why we aren't together since you have buddies there and let us know what they say

Sorry, this thread is about Chilhowie and Narrows. I am an outsider that enjoys football and now that my team folded this season, makes me look elsewhere. I just don’t like so much hate! Kin folk like you Giles people should love each other. And no, I have never spoken to a Narz fan that wanted to consolidate! They don’t like y’all. Hahaha (or us Bears for that matter!) That being said, I can’t wait for the game between you guys! Hope I can sit up on the hill, and listen to the Wave fans from a distance breaking the streak!

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Not as sure who wins, could be a barn burner tlil final whistle; @Old Soul I saw several Bland County folks at the Graham/Tazewell game last night. Really hope Bears can revive their varsity program in the future not that we don't appreciate the extra spectators.

We will be back.... rebuilding let’s say!

Narrows defense has looked elite but idk about their offense. Scored twice against Auburn and managed 3 offensive scores against Nortwood, and one was a heave/prayer to end the half. Think they'll struggle to score on CHS. 21-7 Chilhowie is my guess.

6 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Time to point out the obvious. Chilhowie is one of the best coached teams in SWVA. I thought for a year or two it may just be a talent high and all would be back to normal after the end of last year with Chilhowie and the losses of seniors and talent to graduation. It's now fairly clear the program might be on autopilot. Autopilot means you can lose a bunch of seniors and talent, but your coach is way ahead of the majority of his peers that the program is still a solid 9-1 type program the following year. I think that's where we are at with Chilhowie. The Head Coach is elite and far ahead of the overwhelming majority of his peers at his level of play in 1A. Kudos to the Coaching Staff at Chilhowie High. 

I disagree while Chilhowie has a fine coach the bunch of talent that is playing has been playing ball together for years as had the groups before. And the coach has been able to keep them playing when they get to High School. Alot of people want to give the ball coach all the credit the bottom line is these boys would win with just about anybody coaching them at this point. Chilhowie has an excellent youth program and it has built this program to where it is. 

4 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

I don't know if we can say that about Chilhowie yet." On autopilot " They have only really been relavant past the district level the past two years, which was with the same group of kids. Now that's not saying they are not, we will know much more after this year

I do think they beat Narrows. 

7 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

But do find it funny that now narz has started winning games(against nobodies for the curious) the coaching staff now understands the players they have and aren't clueless like so many wave fans said in year's past....not meaning you swva not but narz fans in

The outcome of this game will depend on the Narrows defense. Can they defend a pass?  Can they guard the outside all the while watching for the QB keeper? Chilhowie’s offense can do all three. Chilhowie’s defense really stepped up this past week as well. And let’s not forget about the 44 yard FG against Burton, so look for some strategy changes on 4th downs. Now, if Narrows forces several punts, well that’s another story. 28-21 Narrows

On 9/7/2019 at 3:15 PM, Hokie1Pokie said:

I think it is safe to say that Coach Robinson has mastered the art of getting his kids to buy into a program. He has been doing the same thing on the baseball diamond for years. Chilhowie is quickly turning into a Richlands, Graham, or Union type program in 1a for this side of the state. I was honestly shocked about the amount of drop off that didn’t happened from last year. Now when you think about it those kids that are starters now have gotten a whole season worth of extra practice in the last 2 years that other teams that missed or didn’t go deep in the play offs have missed out on. Add that to the fact they were practicing against a pretty dang good group of seniors and have a master motivator in Coach Robinson makes for a pretty dang good team. I also think community support helps a lot. On top of packing the house for every home game they have some of the best facilities in their county in almost every sport and it’s not even close. As long as the regions continue to be split like they are expect chilhowie to play on thanksgiving at the worst for years to come.

8 hours ago, Jags52 said:

I think it is safe to say that Coach Robinson has mastered the art of getting his kids to buy into a program. He has been doing the same thing on the baseball diamond for years. Chilhowie is quickly turning into a Richlands, Graham, or Union type program in 1a for this side of the state. I was honestly shocked about the amount of drop off that didn’t happened from last year. Now when you think about it those kids that are starters now have gotten a whole season worth of extra practice in the last 2 years that other teams that missed or didn’t go deep in the play offs have missed out on. Add that to the fact they were practicing against a pretty dang good group of seniors and have a master motivator in Coach Robinson makes for a pretty dang good team. I also think community support helps a lot. On top of packing the house for every home game they have some of the best facilities in their county in almost every sport and it’s not even close. As long as the regions continue to be split like they are expect chilhowie to play on thanksgiving at the worst for years to come.

Chilhowie is quickly turning into a Richlands, Graham, or Union type program in 1a for this side of the state.-- lol two years of success past the district level does not make you a Richlands and Union. Let's be honest here. Do you really think your kids are more supported by your community than PH, Marion or GW? 

I get having pride in your program. But your not there just yet. 

9 hours ago, Orange said:

Unless I’m mistaken, Chilhowie has had more success than union in the playoffs so I’d have to say yes they are

I believe your perception is not reality. 

Since 2011 when Union become a high school

Union record 77-22. Chilhowie record 55-18

In fact up till two years ago chilhowie had a losing record through 2011-2016 

Union 55-18

Chilhowie posted a 29-39

If you want to go strictly by playoff success then chilhowie won a state championship in 1970

The schools that made up union have 14 state championships between them since 1980

Again a couple of years of semi final trips does not make Chilhowie a power yet. 

11 hours ago, Topper24 said:

Chilhowie is quickly turning into a Richlands, Graham, or Union type program in 1a for this side of the state.-- lol two years of success past the district level does not make you a Richlands and Union. Let's be honest here. Do you really think your kids are more supported by your community than PH, Marion or GW? 

I get having pride in your program. But your not there just yet. 

Yes that’s what I’m saying. I would put money on it that if you got to a Marion PH or GW games at 6:45 you would have time to grab a hot dog and get to your seat before kick off not the case at Chilhowie. Chilhowie also graduated 18 seniors and still rolling. But now that I think about it you are right they arnt the next Richlands Graham or Union because they don’t need tazewell or J.I. Burtons best players to be dominant