Chilhowie vs Narz

Old Soul

46 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Yes that’s what I’m saying. I would put money on it that if you got to a Marion PH or GW games at 6:45 you would have time to grab a hot dog and get to your seat before kick off not the case at Chilhowie. Chilhowie also graduated 18 seniors and still rolling. But now that I think about it you are right they arnt the next Richlands Graham or Union because they don’t need tazewell or J.I. Burtons best players to be dominant 

J.I. Burton??? I'll have you know that some of our best players have come from Lee High, thank you very much!! The nerve! 😂

5 hours ago, Jags52 said:

Yes that’s what I’m saying. I would put money on it that if you got to a Marion PH or GW games at 6:45 you would have time to grab a hot dog and get to your seat before kick off not the case at Chilhowie. Chilhowie also graduated 18 seniors and still rolling. But now that I think about it you are right they arnt the next Richlands Graham or Union because they don’t need tazewell or J.I. Burtons best players to be dominant 

Two years of having good seasons don't make you an elite program, especially in small schools where talent cycles. 

Again the records speak for themselves. 

But your correct  they dont have as much support , they don't have a state senator calling in favors with the VHSL to move a ballgame!!!!  

1 hour ago, Topper24 said:

Two years of having good seasons don't make you an elite program, especially in small schools where talent cycles. 

But your correct  they dont have as much support , they don't have a state senator calling in favors with the VHSL to move a ballgame!!!!  

Are you saying that Chilhowie called the senator to move their ballgame last year away from Chilhowie to damn Northwood?? What?? If that is what you are saying then what was even the point of bringing that up? Why not just stay on topic about the great game that is going to be played on Friday?

6 minutes ago, Null said:

Are you saying that Chilhowie called the senator to move their ballgame last year away from Chilhowie to damn Northwood?? What?? If that is what you are saying then what was even the point of bringing that up? Why not just stay on topic about the great game that is going to be played on Friday?

Um, no they moved it from Emory as they felt the vhsl was trying to hoodoo them by making them play on a turf field and not mud. please try to keep up. The OP went away from the game discussion I just responded to his original post. 

31 minutes ago, Topper24 said:

Um, no they moved it from Emory as they felt the vhsl was trying to hoodoo them by making them play on a turf field and not mud. please try to keep up. The OP went away from the game discussion I just responded to his original post. 

Oh yeah that's right my bad. That was such a big shit show anyways lol. They should have just played the game on a Monday or something, but that's all in the past, and we got a great game on Friday that should be a great measuring stick to see where both programs are at this year. Can't wait! Sorry for the misunderstanding Topper.

22 minutes ago, Null said:

Oh yeah that's right my bad. That was such a big shit show anyways lol. They should have just played the game on a Monday or something, but that's all in the past, and we got a great game on Friday that should be a great measuring stick to see where both programs are at this year. Can't wait! Sorry for the misunderstanding Topper.

I agree I believe it will be chilhowie biggest test until PH. And Narrows biggest except for Giles (which I think they get them this year) Although I think Chilhowie comes out on top  in a close one. And they could very well end up playing each other again in the semi finals. 

I've yet to understand Topper24's dislike for Chilhowie????  You always seem to be negative at the comments anyone posts about Chilhowie.  You're still bringing up last years state semi final game, really?  Chilhowie, not the VHSL, earned the right to have that game anywhere they chose, by having more power points than Galax.     I know it easy to get wrapped up in a conversation and I've been guilty of it myself.  However, build them up, don't tear them down.  This goes for all teams in Southwest Virginia.  These kids, thats right, kids, they all go out there on Friday nights and give their all, not only for themselves and their teams, but their communities as well.  

45 minutes ago, Smyhcounty said:

I've yet to understand Topper24's dislike for Chilhowie????  You always seem to be negative at the comments anyone posts about Chilhowie.  You're still bringing up last years state semi final game, really?  Chilhowie, not the VHSL, earned the right to have that game anywhere they chose, by having more power points than Galax.     I know it easy to get wrapped up in a conversation and I've been guilty of it myself.  However, build them up, don't tear them down.  This goes for all teams in Southwest Virginia.  These kids, thats right, kids, they all go out there on Friday nights and give their all, not only for themselves and their teams, but their communities as well.  

I am not negative against CW have nothing against them or the kids ..my issue was with the statement that they have better support by fans than others. Then I just pointed out facts when someone said they have had more success than union. Again nothing against chilhowie I was speaking to the statements.  As far as the kids you right it's not he kids it's the community and administrators that made their special run last year beliddled by heir necesstant crying over the playoff field. The rest of the state was laughing. They should of showed the class  to move the game against PH instead of making the kids stand in inches of water on the sideline.  Like the class showed by Glenvar and Radfords that moved their games.

Again not the kids fault.hope they have a great season, and have a possibility of being there again, but facts are facts. 

5 hours ago, Topper24 said:

They have the support no doubt my main point is that in their region and the fact the Coach Robinson keeps getting kids to come out and work their tails off they will continue to play into thanksgiving just like the programs I have mentioned will they be able to win it all I don’t know because Riverheads isn’t going anywhere either

Guess I will sit on away side at Ragsdale field Friday. Home side will be packed..... You fans from Chilhowie will be pleased with the away side in Narz. Really good view for a small town football school! 

15 minutes ago, Old Soul said:

Guess I will sit on away side at Ragsdale field Friday. Home side will be packed..... You fans from Chilhowie will be pleased with the away side in Narz. Really good view for a small town football school! 

I would like to be there Friday. I have always enjoyed the atmosphere at Narrows. The region championship game we played there two years ago, the atmosphere was outstanding. The atmosphere at our place last year during the region championship just wasn't the same. 

15 hours ago, Optimal62 said:

I would like to be there Friday. I have always enjoyed the atmosphere at Narrows. The region championship game we played there two years ago, the atmosphere was outstanding. The atmosphere at our place last year during the region championship just wasn't the same. 

I think narrows has the best view of any small school around.

On 9/10/2019 at 3:21 PM, Null said:

no galax had it moved because they honestly didn't want to play on grass. they wanted turf but Chilhowie did the smart thing and moved it to northwood and not emory 

4 hours ago, GDUB said:

no galax had it moved because they honestly didn't want to play on grass. they wanted turf but Chilhowie did the smart thing and moved it to northwood and not emory 

Um. Not true. Galax didn't have it moved. Galax didn't make the call, VHSL did after they visited the field AFTER Galax had spent thousands of dollars on new cleats for the kids to play on a muddy field. From my understanding a complaint came from a parent of the team that played the week before. Galax actually suggested to play at Rural retreat, which is a grass field. Everyone saying that Galax had it moved to turf because they didn't want to play on grass is absurd. They hadn't lost but one game on grass since they started playing on a turf field in 2017. They have a better record on grass than turf the past two years. Lol

15 hours ago, Optimal62 said:

Um. Not true. Galax didn't have it moved. Galax didn't make the call, VHSL did after they visited the field AFTER Galax had spent thousands of dollars on new cleats for the kids to play on a muddy field. From my understanding a complaint came from a parent of the team that played the week before. Galax actually suggested to play at Rural retreat, which is a grass field. Everyone saying that Galax had it moved to turf because they didn't want to play on grass is absurd. They hadn't lost but one game on grass since they started playing on a turf field in 2017. They have a better record on grass than turf the past two years. Lol

This was spelled out chapter and verse both in the Roanoke Times as well as the Bristol Herald Courier.  The initial complaint came from Chilhowie's regional final opponent.  Nobody from Galax ever complained.  Dixon would play anybody in a Walmart parking lot if he had to!

2 hours ago, swvafbrespect said:

That is not true. Chilhowie was denied the home game and would not play at Emory. Great discussion but the admin at both schools know the truth but I am sure they are not on here reading the discussion.

I don't know who you are referring to exactly.  I can assure you, Galax coaches and administrators are on here often!  Shawn Knight from the VHSL was on record in an article in the Roanoke Times pointing to complaints from Glade in respect to the Galax game being moved.  He is in charge of competition for VHSL.  It's his job to determine when and where playoff games will be played.  I don't believe anyone is disputing the fact that Chilhowie didn't want to play Galax on turf.  Not sure why though.  They were clearly the better team.

I understand the ship has sailed in terms of public opinion on where complaints came from.  Believe what you want.  I couldn't care less.  My only point is, if you believe Mark Dixon isn't up for a challenge, you clearly don't know Mark Dixon!  Complaints didn't come from him.

3 hours ago, sixcat said:

This was spelled out chapter and verse both in the Roanoke Times as well as the Bristol Herald Courier.  The initial complaint came from Chilhowie's regional final opponent.  Nobody from Galax ever complained.  Dixon would play anybody in a Walmart parking lot if he had to!

Exactly!  Galax would happily play Central!