Chilhowie vs Narz

Old Soul

What a game that was! Exciting right down to the very end. Both teams played exceptionally well and seemed to be about equally matched. The wind wreaked havoc for both sides and made for some interesting punts and passes. Good atmosphere. Only issue is the PA announcer needs to realize his role and not be a cheerleader for his team. Violates VHSL ethics and NASPAA code of conduct. Maybe they don’t know any better in region C?? Fort Chiswell did the same thing in a playoff game a few years ago. But great job Green Wave, take care of Galax in the playoffs please. 

53 minutes ago, Smyhcounty said:

What a game that was! Exciting right down to the very end. Both teams played exceptionally well and seemed to be about equally matched. The wind wreaked havoc for both sides and made for some interesting punts and passes. Good atmosphere. Only issue is the PA announcer needs to realize his role and not be a cheerleader for his team. Violates VHSL ethics and NASPAA code of conduct. Maybe they don’t know any better in region C?? Fort Chiswell did the same thing in a playoff game a few years ago. But great job Green Wave, take care of Galax in the playoffs please. 

Can't be worse than Grundy's.  Grundy's PA guy is the all time worse.

6 hours ago, Smyhcounty said:

Isn’t it a penalty if band plays during a play? Just wondering because I heard a lot of complaints about Chill band doing that. I like it myself 

And let me say that the Chilhowie band was great. One of the best that I have heard in a long time. Someone please let them know. And.... I was shocked at the speed and aggression of the the DEs for the Wave. But like a previous post, Wave looked tired and Warriors must have saw that after good pep talk at half. Wave did take 3 quarters and Warriors took 1. Hoped to see Wave and Spartans next week but doubt I can make it now. Should be a good one

1 hour ago, Old Soul said:

And let me say that the Chilhowie band was great. One of the best that I have heard in a long time. Someone please let them know. And.... I was shocked at the speed and aggression of the the DEs for the Wave. But like a previous post, Wave looked tired and Warriors must have saw that after good pep talk at half. Wave did take 3 quarters and Warriors took 1. Hoped to see Wave and Spartans next week but doubt I can make it now. Should be a good one

I have never heard a band that good at a high school game, I wish I could watch and listen to them every Friday. Was a great game also

9 hours ago, Smyhcounty said:

Haha then you have never  been to Glenvar and heard their PA announcer.  Although as a player and  coach I honestly can't say that I ever heard anything the PA announcer said. 

2 hours ago, Optimal62 said:

Can someone give an impression of the teams here. Looks like Narrows D shut down the run of chilhowie. Was it speed or size that stopped the run game?

Screenshot_20190914-095843_Chrome.jpg

Narrows defense swarms to the ball there line is strong and fast the linebackers read very well and are fast,the corners stay home and defend the pass great the safety has a nose for the ball. Most of Chilhowie's pass yards came in the 4th when Narrows went to a prevent defense, before that the QB had either no time to pass or no one was open. Chilhowie is a very good team and the kids had very good sportsmanship.  I was impressed with them.

4 hours ago, County boy said:

I have never heard a band that good at a high school game, I wish I could watch and listen to them every Friday. Was a great game also

Thank You! The band works really hard and have really good leadership. “What’s the football team doing on the band field”? 

29 minutes ago, vols4life said:

Haha,your coach is a hot head who throws temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way..as I've said before..Under pressure they lay a egg

He does get hot when he knows he’s right. He does cost the team some yardage, I wish one of the other coaches would pull him off the field.  However, he was right last night and at Burton.  It’s sad when coaches know the rules better than the white hats. But in their defense they’re human and with the way fans act, who would really want to be an official. Shout out to all officials for doing this every week, we know you don’t do it for the money and we appreciate what you do!

45 minutes ago, Maroons67 said:
  • I guess George Wythe must not be in Region "C" any longer. 

George Wythe shares Region C with Galax, which means that George Wythe will not advance out of Region C.  I would be shocked if the VHSL 1A Championship Game were anything other than Galax/Riverheads, not because of how down 1A is, but because those two programs are on a different plane than anyone else in 1A right now.  That includes George Wythe.