Giles @ Graham

bgibb

If Graham's defense plays Giles's offense like they did Tazewell, then I think Graham names the score; however, Giles will be hungry for a win. With that said, Graham is much better at this point in season than they were last year when they played Giles in my opinion. GMen have several playmakers on offense and Lester is getting job done at QB. Props to Tony Palmer & company for getting things clicking early this year. I'd like to see cleaning up penalties though. I think that will come. 

13 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

This game will be over as soon as the first kickoff....we just aren't very good this year and very very young....IMO we need to change the running backs around a little but not sure it will happen ..but that's a coaching decision not mine

#21 needs some carries at tailback. All I’m saying.

4 hours ago, Old Soul said:

Is that the cops kid #21? Thought that was who they were building up. Was hearing that he was next star. If that’s him, why aren’t they using him more?

#21 is not the cops kid. The cops kid is a good athlete, just needs to hit the holes harder. 

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Another transfer?

I'm just piggybacking off the Tazewell/Graham thread, same transfer as mentioned there. Blevins who played QB for Tazewell last year. 

Edited by Gridiron60
Clarify player in question.

11 minutes ago, Hard nosed said:

Let’s keep this thread about this weeks game or at least try.  Let’s talk graham/Giles.  Let the other thread die.  I take Graham by at least 3 TDS.

I agree.  Giles put up 50 Plus on Graham a few years back.  They may return the favor this year.

I think it's a hard row to hoe having to face Graham @home . This year's Graham is better at this point in the season than they were last year when they defeated Giles. I truthfully know very little about Giles' & their strengths but I believe GMen will handle whatever Giles throws at them. 

9 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

We all know who it is. It’s Blevins from Bluefield by way of Tazewell. 

I'll believe that when I see it.  He played quite a bit against Princeton the other night.

If Giles can control the ball this game may be closer than expected. I don’t see the G MAN having to punt but if they only get 5 possessions then 35-14 is a respectable score I think. That single wing is a pain in the butt they will break a few off on Graham

I don’t see Graham’s defense having much trouble with single wing and if they do, they’ll make adjustments. The Graham seem to  be great at making adjustments when needed. I think that’s what helped last when they fine tuned the defense and finally got it clicking. The difference this year is the defense started out strong and offense is getting better. If Giles keeps it as close as two scores, I’ll be surprised. With that said, it’s football anything could happen.