UNION vs LETCHER COUNTY

UNION#ATW

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Letcher County is already up 14-0, just so y’all know.  Nobody knows home cookin’ like EKY officials.

Most accurate post I’ve seen on this board in a while. Very true. 

I hate going over there. They want to watch football like it’s on TV and there kids are setting at the table doing homework. We like to make “a little bit” of noise. 

Letcher has some clips on hudl. Their QB looks decent, but seems like they always have an above average HS QB.

You never know what to expect over there, but I think our D keeps us in the game until the offense gets going. We always start slow over there for some reason. 

18 hours ago, Ol Dawg said:

Most accurate post I’ve seen on this board in a while. Very true. 

I hate going over there. They want to watch football like it’s on TV and there kids are setting at the table doing homework. We like to make “a little bit” of noise. 

I hate going over there too, just because it's always a clown show. The officiating and the silly rules to try and stack the deck against out of state teams makes it not worth it. I'd rather play Eastside or Rye Cove. You would get basically same power points and not deal with that mess. 

45 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I hate going over there too, just because it's always a clown show. The officiating and the silly rules to try and stack the deck against out of state teams makes it not worth it. I'd rather play Eastside or Rye Cove. You would get basically same power points and not deal with that mess. 

This will be my 1st trip over there... Just stories am here this is some crazy stuff...😲😲

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

Will this game start at 7 or 7:30

4 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Every schedule I've seen says 7. I'll post if I see different. 

7:30 here. Also, a thorough schedule of the other sports as well.

http://www.wisek12.org/school_calendar.aspx?schools=3&schoolid=3&types=&viewDate=9/8/2019

4 hours ago, goose111874 said:

The schedule I've seen even has the Paintsville game at 7:30 and it's at the park.

that's weird, I figured VHSL rules would be the standard rules if game is played in VA. But I assume it's bc of travel time, give them a few extra minutes.

19 hours ago, Black Bears said:

Yep, Letcher is down. No big accomplishment beating them. I wish you guys would schedule Belfry, Johnson Central, Pikeville. That's the real teams in East ky.

No one can accuse Coach Turner of dodging competition.  My guess is he scheduled who had an opening.  We don't fill our schedule with 1A cupcakes lol.  But it sounds like LCC is down from what I gather.  Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Ol Dawg said:

No one can accuse Coach Turner of dodging competition.  My guess is he scheduled who had an opening.  We don't fill our schedule with 1A cupcakes lol.  But it sounds like LCC is down from what I gather.  Time will tell.

It was my understanding that Letcher was going to be dropped after the '16 game, but Letcher REALLY wanted to keep the series going, and since Union has had a hard time filling out a schedule, they kept it going.

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

It was my understanding that Letcher was going to be dropped after the '16 game, but Letcher REALLY wanted to keep the series going, and since Union has had a hard time filling out a schedule, they kept it going.

They love the crowd that UNION brings $$$$$$, and its not a 2 hour drive like GRAHAM