South @ Gate City

Jason

I remember going to Salem Stadium in 2009 or 10. I can’t remember. I watched the Blue Devils beat a very good Gretna team that I thought would roll them. 

Sad to see the sad state of affairs that has plagued Gate City the last several seasons. We feel your pain here in Craig. 

I am glad to see them coming back. 

I think that this game is the key to Gate City's season, if they can win this game Friday and make it past Ridgeview and Union 2-3 with their remaining schedule and finish 7-3 or 6-4 and possibly host a playoff game, it will not be easy but barring injuries I think it is attainable. If Jeremy Houseright goes 7-3 with 33 players playing this schedule he is hands down coach of the year!

2 hours ago, SXSW said:

I think that this game is the key to Gate City's season, if they can win this game Friday and make it past Ridgeview and Union 2-3 with their remaining schedule and finish 7-3 or 6-4 and possibly host a playoff game, it will not be easy but barring injuries I think it is attainable. If Jeremy Houseright goes 7-3 with 33 players playing this schedule he is hands down coach of the year!

Honestly, who would have thought that 7-3 was possible 3 weeks ago? If he does it hes gotta be CotY

South is down and GC is playing good ball right now.  GC has to get this win heading into the next two weeks.  If they continue to melt the clock and not turn the ball over I like their chances to pull out the win. I’ll go with 34-27 GC.  

4 hours ago, SXSW said:

He may be coach of the year already but if they go 5-5 he'll get it

10 hours ago, SXSW said:

I know GC comes to Union, where do they play RV and Wise? If they go 2-1 in those games, they're in great shape. But I dunno if they're ready to beat Union and RV just yet.

9 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I know GC comes to Union, where do they play RV and Wise? If they go 2-1 in those games, they're in great shape. But I dunno if they're ready to beat Union and RV just yet.

Ridgeview is away next week and Wise is the last game of the season at home.

16 hours ago, goose111874 said:

He may be coach of the year already but if they go 5-5 he'll get it

He beat Richlands on the road and came close to beating Abingdon. I don't care if Gate City wins another game, Houseright should be coach of the year. Now if Wise Central were to shock Ridgeview or Union I would lean towards Owens but Houseright has done an excellent job. 

It’s been a one sided series since GC started playing South.  2010 is correct as being the last, and only, time GC has won against South in the last 10 years. It has been reasonably close the last couple years so I’m hoping this year GC can finally overcome that and get the W.