South @ Gate City

Jason

5 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

TS should be a huge favorite.  I would like RC and GC odds much better than VA Highs vs TN High.  

Yeah, I am changing my Twin Springs pick.  Lol.  I'm reading up on North Greene right now and everything I read tells me them and Jenkins, Ky. would be a nail biter.  Lol

54 minutes ago, who? said:

Has it struck midnight on the devils Cinderella season?   Richlands and Abingdon are better than south aren’t they?   Or are those two not very good.  

You’re never as bad as you look at your worst, and you’re never as good as you look at your best.  You often see with 1st year coaches that the teams will play well above themselves at times (Richlands, Abingdon) and have weeks where they regress below the mean (South).  With Battle being much more woeful than previously thought, a playoff berth is still within grasp.  Just have to keep fighting.

1 hour ago, who? said:

Has it struck midnight on the devils Cinderella season?   Richlands and Abingdon are better than south aren’t they?   Or are those two not very good.  

South has only lost to TN 5A schools Daniel Boone (when they had Charlie Cole) and undefeated Cherokee (32-30).  South is a much better team than most on this board have been giving them credit for.

I’ve never seen a team with a smaller margin of error. If GC commits zero turnovers / penalties, they can play with anyone. Tackling must improve, but this, last, & next week’s backs probably have a lot of folks saying that. 

Tale of the tape:

GC: 4 fumbles lost, 2 INTs, most (combined) personal fouls I’ve ever seen in a game that wasn’t played in KY. 

12 hours ago, bristol8434 said:

I've heard that someone from South got ejected from the game, is this true and if so does anyone know who?

I did not see anyone from South get ejected.  If anyone deserved to get ejected it was Gate City #10 who tackled the South RB about 2 yards out of bounds and drove him all the way into the fence. If he had hit the fence at the pole it could have broken his neck.  One of the worst cheap shots I’ve seen in a long time.

Not sure anyone getting ejected, but I was leaving the stadium at the same time as that hit out of bounds and had a South cheerleader cuss me up one side and down the other just for walking to my truck. After I asked where her coach was she changed her tone. Ahh good times.